Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blast Away

Shurflo pump 240v?
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:49:33 pm »
I'm after a pump I can plug into a generator rather than 12v battery.

Also need a 7' pole and DI bottle and whatever else I'll need bit and bats wise.

If anyone can help with this as I'm not too clued up with it.

It's so we can clean the windows on premises after we've cleaned the paving and gum etc that has splashed. Swilling with a lance then squeegee isn't good enough.

Lee

Matt Gibson

Re: Shurflo pump 240v?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:17:59 am »
Lee, From what i understand about it, you might be better off buying one of those trolley systems. They come with a pump, fittings, some hose i think, and a trolley, and all you do is fill a 25L container from your DI and attach it to the trolley.

So you could make up 5 or 6 25L drums and just carry one or two in the van along with the trolley.

I think you can get some average poles off ebay, the ones that you just plug n play. otherwise, you may get a pole with the trolley from some suppliers.

Blast Away

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:09:04 pm »
Been thinking about it mate, gonna get a submersible water pump to put in the IBC tank linked to a filter and DI Vessel.

outdoor restore

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 11:33:20 pm »
Rather than a 240v pump, quite a few water fed pole window cleaners run their 12v pumps from the van battery, as you won't be using it a lot, this could be your easiest option.  If you operate in a high tds area (hard water) then you will burn quite a bit of resin, but again if you're not doing a lot of window cleaning it would be the easiest solution.  It's the way I do it after pressure washing even though I have a full water fed pole set up, it saves carrying pure water.
You will need:-
5lpm pump with inline filter shurflo or similar, wired with a simple on/off switch (you will not need a flow controller)
DI vessel 11L or 25L if you have space on the van.
Hose from pump to windows (I use the 1/2 inch that I use to fill the van tank)just flush through before you start window cleaning.
Extending pole, presumably you will only be doing ground floor, so a fibreglass pole will be fine.
Brush for end of pole my personal preference is gardiners but again any will do for your purposes.
Hoselock type connector for pole hose to hose reel.
Hose and connectors from tank to pump to DI to hose reel
Tap at pole to stop flow between windows (some just pinch the hose)
sites to look at
Window cleaning warehouse
Purefreedom
Gardiner Pole Systems

Neil

outdoor restore

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 11:34:08 pm »
Oh and a tds meter to check when your resin needs replacing.

outdoor restore

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 11:44:56 am »
Thinking about it, you would be better to run a twin di system, two di vessels in series, when the tds starts to rise (somesay you can window clean with up to 12tds or so) you change the resin in the first di vessel and put this as the second vessel in series, this allows you to fully use the resin in what is now the first vessel and the second vessel with the new di becomes a polisher.  Hope that makes sense.

Neil