Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Beds
« on: July 30, 2010, 07:33:25 am »
In my opinion Beds are getting larger and very heavy
I was just looking at a USA Web Site and The Guy does not move beds.

And will only move 4 items of funiture

When doing a Full House do you move beds. ?

Mind you life will be less interesting as I often find handcuffs and other items

Joe H

Re: Beds
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:58:51 am »
I dont normally move beds Ian.

I did yesterday at the specific request of the client - but it was a larger bedroom, and the bed was stripped so it was fairly light.  Reason she wanted bed moved, it was her old aunties bungalow (aunty in hospital), and the old lady had a dog till 2 years ago and the smell was still there.

I dont move tv units - too many connections to potentially disturb.
Nor side boards and corner units, nor wardrobes.
Sofas yes, and dining tables yes.

justin brown

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:09:11 am »
same as joe for me ian!!
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

derek west

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 10:37:22 am »
i move what ever the customer wants me to move, hence why i charge by the hour and not sq footage.

i quoted hsl living room study and dining room, £120 with no furniture moved or £250 wall to wall, he chose the £120. ;)

Ricky M

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 01:20:12 pm »
depends on the level of service the client requests/paying for !
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Paul Simpson

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 02:16:35 pm »
Same as Derek, whatever the customer wants moving and charge accordingly.
Most customers appreciate if they've got a large/heavy item of furniture that more than likely it will be difficult to move and ask to clean around it.
Had one last week, very large bed in a not so large room. Ended up with the husband and wife tipping the bed on its base and holding it there while I cleaned under it.  ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 04:25:56 pm »
The thing with cleaning under large items is isolating the furniture afterwards !! If there are long sections of wood, the carpet under the large items will surely remain damp longer,and possibly smell,well that is what i tell people.
Poly blocks are ok,but if it`s a deep pile,and heavy item,they will squash,and parts of the furniture will come into contact ?
What goes around comes around

gwrightson

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 04:33:05 pm »
Never move beds unless specificaly requested, beds can be a nightmare to move because of the headboards, especialy the so call brass ones, they seem to collapse as soon as you move the bed,
i move what ever the customer wants me to move, hence why i charge by the hour and not sq footage.

i quoted hsl living room study and dining room, £120 with no furniture moved or £250 wall to wall, he chose the £120. ;)

cant  understand your reply Derick, you have give 2 prices for same job yet say you charge by the hour ???

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

derek west

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 05:03:30 pm »
your jokin arn't ya geoff?

£120 round the furniture
£250 moving all furniture and placing it back on polly blocks
£120 job will take around 1 and half to 2 hours
£250 job will take around 4 hours.

not rocket science mate.

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 05:09:16 pm »
Derick,

The impression i got from your reply was,  You charge by the hour, ie  you do the work then , tot the hours up and charge accordingly........ well thats what I though ::)   as you say not rocket science,   but i,m just a mere humble Yorkshire man ;D

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

derek west

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 05:23:43 pm »
naaaaaa geoff me old pie and pea man, thas just guestimates how long thas thinks tis gonna tek us and fingers crossed thas not far out.

ps.. hows me accent ;D

Cleanbright UK

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 07:17:57 pm »
We tend to move most beds but as their is 2 of us it does make it easier, I do find it funny though when the room is only a foot bigger than the actual bed size and the customer asks if we can do under the bed, Like where the hell am I going to move it too ::)
Cleanbright Solutions Uk - Home of the UKs Most Powerful Truckmount!!

www.cleanbright.co.uk