Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Rotary/bonnet system
« on: August 01, 2010, 06:09:25 pm »
Been thinking about getting myself a rotary for a while but funds have been tight what with upgrading my Ninja to a Airflex turbo, still not sure whether to hold on to the Ninja as  a spare would be sods law that if i sell the Ninja that i will need it.
So now looking to get myself a rotary system i did a job on thursday a low profile carpet sprayed powerburst, agitated with gen 4 extracted at 400 psi and as i was clearing up i ran a cloth across the carpet and i got dirt out it came up light brown ???
I thought then that a rotary would be handy, as well as being able to use it instead of HWE on jobs like this, all i can deduce from the threads on here about rotary's is that i should stick with a 175rpm, but i have found it a hard slog finding suppliers offering more that one choice of machine, i also have zero experience of how to clean using this method, i know it's not rocket science but i would like to have an idea rather than practice on a customer.
I am looking to buy something new instead of used as my luck buying used is not great, the only thing i am assured of is that fusion 8 is the chemical to use i just have no idea about the rest of the process.

premiermaids

Re: Rotary/bonnet system
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 07:24:58 pm »
Hi James, I think you'll find that Fusion 8 is for extraction cleaning; Fusion Clean is designed for use with a rotary.

Regards

Jim

wynne jones

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 07:43:07 pm »
Jim

If you ain't got much dosh, just stick to a cheapo 175rpm machine and get someone to show you how to use it on a job where they need another body. If you spend 1000s on a 'hitech' rotary thinking you will get results 10x better you are in for a dissapoitment.

Try HD micrpsplitters, catalyst, different pads and brushes, practice on polyprop rugs at home or something. 
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

clinton

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 09:13:08 pm »
James i would go with the fusion clean or the prochem bonnet buff myself..

As wynne said a cheap rotary will do the job and some pads to get you going and he is spot on with spending money on anything fancy..

robert meldrum

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 11:23:31 pm »
There's a Tex in the for sale section with loads of pads looks a good buy at £500

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 07:15:41 am »
Cant see the hot water tank listed tho Robert.  If that has to be bought separate then its going to cost a few quid - and I have only ever seen one tank for sale on its own.  Not that you need the tank if you just bonneting, but if you using Texatherm fluids you need the heat the tank takes the water to.
It is a very good rotary machine supplied as part of the Tex system - so if its in good condition it may be worth a punt around the £500 even without the tank.

johngriffin

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 07:34:54 am »
Hi, I have the Bonnet system for sale, on the forum, I use M power , I find this the best chemical to use with this system, but its down to personal choice, the kit I have for sale sounds ideal for you, and I would be happy to spend some time with you to make you comfortable with this method of cleaning, regards, John Griffin. Griffin Services.

james roffey

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 01:16:39 pm »
Must admit to being a bit cunfused, if the machine is without the tank, does this mean that you cant clean using the texatherm method and can only clean with standard bonnet methods i e cold, which any rotary can do, or am i missing something ???

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 02:41:02 pm »
Yes you are missing something James.

The TexaTHERM system uses heat. The pads are soaking in a Tex system solution. You prepray the carpet with another Tex system fluid.  Ring the pad out (you need thermal gloves cause the pads are hot) and plonk*  the pad on the carpet and place rotary machine onto the pad and away you go, about 10-12 sq metres at a time. Turn pad over as necessary.
* plonk is a technical term for "place" ie place the pad on the carpet.

If you just ordainary bonneting you can still soak pads in hot water togetther with your chosen releasing fluid, Fusion Clean is getting good revues but could be M-Power or a microsplitter etc.
Just the same - prespray carpet, agitate if you need, ring pad out, plonk pad on carpet, and rotary bonnet it. Turn pad over as required.

I forget the "proper" name of the rotary Texatherm use, but it is a very good make. Blue and chrome - looks good.
And that package includes pads and a BS36 lookalike(which probably will be a BS36).

Pristine Clean

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 02:54:01 pm »
I purchased a standard rotary Victor standard speed with a new tank, drive board, shampoo brush for £315 quid that included delivery. - No bonnets though. The texatherm has 30 bonnets which sounds good value. Plus he is offering time to show you how its done. Pretty good.

If you dont go that route, just practice on a carpet. Just remember to have a ringer, and always use a wet mop.

Any speed rotary can have a tank fitted easily. You can fit them yourself so special skills required there. Probablt take you less than 20 minutes to fit including running the pipe, connecting to the leaver.

Also the size dfifference in the 15 - 17 inch is just the plate. So if you found a 15 inch cheaper, and wanted to upgrade later all you need to do is buy the plate and new bonnets to fit 17inch. Well thats with Victors anyway.

If do purchase a Victor for bonneting make sure you purchase an all metal one, infact make sure any buffer you buy is all metal including the cogs that drive the motor. The plastic ones can break and wear easily.

As for the main speed of 175rpm yes that the main idea so it does not burn the carpet and that speed is recomended by the "various training centres in carpet care/cleaning" however you can use a faster speed safetly after some practice.

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

johngriffin

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 04:49:55 pm »
JAMES, dont let the texatherm connection confuse you, I have used bonnet machines for many years. I started with dry fusion about 10 years ago, but I can assure you that in this kit the only addition you would need is a ringer bucket, I think this is the easyest way of cleaning carpets, once you get used of the motion of the machine, its like falling off a log, even if you dont buy my kit, if you get a machine, come to me and I will show you how to go on, regards, John Griffin.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 04:53:32 pm »
Hi Guys

Jim, I have the Texatherm system which you can borrow and have a play with if you like.

It's really starightforward and 500 sounds a good price for the one on here.

Basically a rotary can have a brush, pad or bonnet and these classes can be subdivided into different brushes, pads and bonnetts.

The Tex bonnets are high quaility and results are good on low profile carpets.

You do not have to use the Tex chemicals, lot's of different products will work, it's easy!

Cheers

Doug