Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Carter

Undercutting the big boys
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:55:19 pm »
As the price of water fed pole kit comes down, are the big boys in for a nasty shock?. I'm seeing more & more one man bands, with 200 litres in the boot of their car.  The theory is that the investment required is making the industry more professional & pushing up prices because of health & safety legislation, but a one man band can do just as good a job out of his car as three employees in a transit with all the associated costs. If he has to doube back to home once or twice for water, so what !.
In the end it's all about time & motion & choice. Window cleaning with a pole is simple, getting the water to the window is simple, generating the water is getting cheaper all the time.  There are plenty of one man bands happy to work for £20.00 per hour. Why then should a company be able to charge itself out at as much as £100 per hour. It's ignorance on the part of the company paying that, & lack of choice. My question is might the WFP actually change all that ?.
Onwards and Upwards...

Moderator David@stives

Re: Undercutting the big boys
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 12:59:01 pm »
 i think we were thinking along the same lines here we must of both started typing at the same time ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 07:26:10 pm »
the big boys dont have anything to worry about

nice shiny vans

nice shiny systems

nice shiny flasks (in the winter)

oh i allmost forgot, nice shiny frames around the "water fed course certificate"  :P

Oh and they deserve the 100 quid a hour they earn, us lot of "working from a car boot with your trolley system, and hevean forbid they are DIY trolleys" we give them a bad name, cowboys the lot of us, should be made to use our brushs to sweep the road not peoples windows

:P :P

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 07:33:46 pm »
matt

i like it  `  like it  i like it  like it .
a man after my own heart
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D