Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daria Taylor

please help
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:25:58 pm »
I am working on domestic cleaning leaflets, I got the final design etc just one thing is I cannot decide on is whether to put prices on or not, they will be going out to the very affluent areas of Sheffield and Derbyshire where there are a lot of holiday lets and people who obviously require this sort of service etc.

I don’t want any price shoppers saying can you do it for £8.00 per hour etc, but at the same time I don’t want people to be put off by the prices.

Plus I could really do with an advice on how to handle when customers ring up about regular cleans and how do you propose a price to them without putting them off, as in many cases we get is “ just ringing to see how much you charge per hour”

I hope Diane is reading this post, as I will really appreciate your help in dealing with this matter.

Everyone else thanks again for reading and any advice will be appreciated.

lesterM

Re: please help
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:38:49 pm »
Dont put the prices on the leaflet, esp if its costly. Have a scale of charges   marked a- z whatever, and put the actual prices on a sepaerate sheet that you can change/ up date or have special  event prices on.
No Job Too Odd.
Dont Panic - let us do it for you.
Pure dealers since 1746

dianegreenwood

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:43:08 pm »
Hi Dash

I wouldn't put prices on your flyer.  I've sent you an email with some tips I use to get over the price shopper.  But bear in mind that if you get the hourly rate 'out of the way' on the phone you're 80% of the way there and they just have to like you and have confidence in you when you meet and they'll buy.

Another good way of getting through the 'price barrier' is to let them know the difference they are getting with your service compared to hiring an £8 per hour numpty (don't use that wording!)  Really nail your USP and price should be less of a frightener even over the phone.  I find that if I just get them talking they start realising that price isn't their main concern.

Hope this and the email helps.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Daria Taylor

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 04:14:57 pm »
Hi Dash

I wouldn't put prices on your flyer.  I've sent you an email with some tips I use to get over the price shopper.  But bear in mind that if you get the hourly rate 'out of the way' on the phone you're 80% of the way there and they just have to like you and have confidence in you when you meet and they'll buy.

Another good way of getting through the 'price barrier' is to let them know the difference they are getting with your service compared to hiring an £8 per hour numpty (don't use that wording!)  Really nail your USP and price should be less of a frightener even over the phone.  I find that if I just get them talking they start realising that price isn't their main concern.

Hope this and the email helps.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Thanks alot for that Diane,

you always put a smile on my face, and thanks alot for your e-mail too.

dash t

e newlands

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 11:17:24 pm »
hi dash its me e newlands just to show im not all bad
i would keep the prices off
i find something along the lines of say
10% discount for 3 months  with this leaflet often works or something along thoes lines
what i have done in the past is put a ref number on the leaflet quote this for your discount
this encourages people to distribute amongst other prospective custies if they have not got a flyer

Daria Taylor

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38:20 am »
hi dash its me e newlands just to show im not all bad
i would keep the prices off
i find something along the lines of say
10% discount for 3 months  with this leaflet often works or something along thoes lines
what i have done in the past is put a ref number on the leaflet quote this for your discount
this encourages people to distribute amongst other prospective custies if they have not got a flyer

No hard feelings, a heated debate about something doesn't in any way indicate that I now hate you and don’t want anything to do with you.  ;D Plus I never thought you was bad person, I admit I didn’t like something’s you have said, but that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it just as much as I am to mine.

PS thanks for your kind advice.

dash t

e newlands

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 12:59:43 pm »
no problem

Adam P

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:42:49 pm »
so don't even put per hour charges on? e.g. we charge £14 per hour as our staff are blah blah blah, we're great, reliable etc?

Daria Taylor

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 04:40:36 pm »
so don't even put per hour charges on? e.g. we charge £14 per hour as our staff are blah blah blah, we're great, reliable etc?

yeah dont put that! Just say what you normaly say but without prices!

Adam P

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 12:26:20 am »
interesting. will trust you all here and try it without, see if it works out or i get too many calls asking for our per hour charge that turn out to be nothing.

Daria Taylor

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 02:46:12 pm »
interesting. will trust you all here and try it without, see if it works out or i get too many calls asking for our per hour charge that turn out to be nothing.

yes do try it, i think it will work much better, but also work on what you will say when people say to you that oh no that too expensive, work on being able to convert every incoming call into a sale. This is idea of this i guess is to get the initial customers in the net and then convince them that you are the best at what you do.

It's much easier to put prices on and only get call from those who are ok with the prices.But this way you will get many different customers and your job is to make them believe that the price is irrelevant.

Mark Hughes

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »
Hi Daria,

I agree with the other guys and gals but want to expand slightly.

It seems that these days all our customers are hell bent on prices and the stats prove that we only have between 3-5 seconds to capture a prospects attention with our offer. That said I would be tempted to test your market with 2 sets of flyers(if your budget allows), one with the prices and one without. Stick a different reference number on each batch and track to see which one proves best.

A lot of the time I find that a clear offer and a call to action on a flyer is often more important than tons of info, prices etc. The prospect may well be shopping around and therefore getting them to call you with a great flyer headline and call to action could well do the trick. I tend to think that a flyer is like a website and they are not there to sell your business, simply to get people to call you. After all you are the only one that can sell your service the best.

Good luck. :)

Cheers

Mark
Mark Hughes
Moving Home Takes Up Time, Money And Effort...
We've Got Your Cleaning Covered...

Pristine Clean

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 06:52:40 pm »
Hi Mark,

Daria has now left the forum hence her name is in Black.

Just thought id let you know
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Jason Ryan

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 10:50:26 pm »
Why she leave ???

Adam P

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 09:46:33 am »
Why she leave ???

my thoughts exactly. she seemed like a decent enough user and posted regularly with good posts. maybe it was because of that whole mark/dp website stuff ???

shame