Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave.

Trailer system - DIY
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:17:36 am »
Hi,
I'm just putting together a WFP system in a smallsh box trailer I have.

My TDS is 38 to 42 so I'm just using an 11 litre  DI.  I'm planning to fill the tank with tap water, and pass it through the DI.  is it best to assemble in the following order?

tank >> pump >> DI >>WFP

or

tank >> DI  >> Pump >> WFP

The other thing I'm not sure about is whether or not I can mount the pump above the tank (250litre horizontal) or does it have to be level or lower?
Or, is there an alternative 12v pump that will work above tank?

I haven't bought the pump / controller yet - but I was looking at a flojet or shurflo 100psi types.

Any advice would be gratefully received....

Cheers, Dave

Re: Trailer system - DIY
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 12:42:29 pm »
tank >> pump >> DI >>WFP

i hqve had my pump above tank and never had problems

stfc

Re: Trailer system - DIY
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 12:42:35 pm »
Hi,
I'm just putting together a WFP system in a smallsh box trailer I have.

My TDS is 38 to 42 so I'm just using an 11 litre  DI.  I'm planning to fill the tank with tap water, and pass it through the DI.  is it best to assemble in the following order?

tank >> pump >> DI >>WFP

or

tank >> DI  >> Pump >> WFP

The other thing I'm not sure about is whether or not I can mount the pump above the tank (250litre horizontal) or does it have to be level or lower?
Or, is there an alternative 12v pump that will work above tank?

I haven't bought the pump / controller yet - but I was looking at a flojet or shurflo 100psi types.

Any advice would be gratefully received....

Cheers, Dave

hi dave

I would firstly go with tank pump di wfp.

To be honest i put my pump at a low level so its easier for the pump to pump water,the higher the pump the more psi you need to use.Ive got a flojet pump and never had any problems with it.