Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dan hughes

roof cleaning - mossgo
« on: June 07, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »

anyone any experience ?

how do you get it on, how do you get it off, how long do you let it on for ??

thanks

tell me what you know!!??

JSMC

Re: roof cleaning - mossgo
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:43:47 pm »
been told by a guy who owned a building firm not to wash slates a sit causes damage to them especially pressure washing them.

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:46:54 am »

anyone any experience ?

how do you get it on, how do you get it off, how long do you let it on for ??

thanks

tell me what you know!!??

IF YOU PUT A BIT MORE DETAIL ON YOUR POST I MAYBE ABLE TOHELP DONT AV A CLUE WHAT UR ON ABOUT THERE THO SOZ
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

dan hughes

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »
Hi sorry mate, Richy

I have a roof to clean, bungalow. somee nasty yellow fungus stuff round the chimney and usual algea stuff.

I got wfp poles that could spray the mossgo on the whole area and leave.....

I got roof ladders to go up and blast the roof....but anticipating a lot of mess and hassle.

I got a lance (jet wash) that delivers soap (black nozzle) but not sure what the mixing ratio is.

I was thinking, lance the main big bits off, downwards angle, then after, spray the reminder with mossgo via wfp and leave.

How would you go bout it!?

Alan McTernan

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 07:46:17 pm »
Look on page 3 ;)

and type roof cleaning into "search"

Hope this helps!!!!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 07:50:46 pm »
Mossgo pro is made for this.

Personally I've never used mossgo branded chems, but I have tried others with the same active ingredient & the results were disappointing. It kills the moss fairly rapidly,.. in a couple of days it looks dead, BUT the dead moss takes forever to fall off! I treated my shed roof about 5 months ago & whilst the moss is dead it hasn't washed away yet!

I'm doing a roof clean job tomorrow & I'm using sodium hypochlorite (bleach) like the americans do. I did a test patch last week & the algae went almost straight away, but the moss stuck,... so I got out my WFP pole with an old brush & gave the roof a scrub (Dormer bungalow & smooth roof tiles) and it came up ok,.. it came away much easier where it had been treated with the SH even though I allowed only 5 minutes dwell time.

I think Mossgo would be great for algae & for maintenance cleans,.. but the initial clean is going to need some manual scrubbing IMO.

I'd love to find a chem that would do the job on its own, i reckon there's a pile of money to be made!

Richy L

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:57:01 pm »
Mossgo pro is made for this.

Personally I've never used mossgo branded chems, but I have tried others with the same active ingredient & the results were disappointing. It kills the moss fairly rapidly,.. in a couple of days it looks dead, BUT the dead moss takes forever to fall off! I treated my shed roof about 5 months ago & whilst the moss is dead it hasn't washed away yet!

I'm doing a roof clean job tomorrow & I'm using sodium hypochlorite (bleach) like the americans do. I did a test patch last week & the algae went almost straight away, but the moss stuck,... so I got out my WFP pole with an old brush & gave the roof a scrub (Dormer bungalow & smooth roof tiles) and it came up ok,.. it came away much easier where it had been treated with the SH even though I allowed only 5 minutes dwell time.

I think Mossgo would be great for algae & for maintenance cleans,.. but the initial clean is going to need some manual scrubbing IMO.

I'd love to find a chem that would do the job on its own, i reckon there's a pile of money to be made!
Where do you get that bleach from?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:24:07 pm »
Any swimming pool supplier (Chlorine) or farmers supplier (its used as a disinfectant). I pay about €20 for 25 litres.

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 12:15:18 am »
general bleach richy