Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pristine Clean

Large windows? WFP or Trad?
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:48:07 pm »

Hi Guys,

We seem to be getting a fair bit of work in.

Now we were asked to do some large windows, about 6 feet wide 12 feet high. There's about 40 of them.

Would guys do the WFP or trad? I am asking as I read somewhere that it would be quicker with Trad on these large windows. Is this true?

Also the other question I have is when its cold (ice) how do you clean them? its been a while since I have been window cleaning, just getting back into it.

Do you just stick a bit of antifreeze in the water?

Cheers

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: Large windows? WFP or Trad?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 03:01:40 pm »
If they are 12 foot high I would use wfp, what might come close is a wagtail or mop and blade on a pole. Antifreeze in a bucket or heated water fed pole.

Simon. 

Jack Wallace

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 04:21:00 pm »

Hi Guys,

We seem to be getting a fair bit of work in.

Now we were asked to do some large windows, about 6 feet wide 12 feet high. There's about 40 of them.

Would guys do the WFP or trad? I am asking as I read somewhere that it would be quicker with Trad on these large windows. Is this true?

Also the other question I have is when its cold (ice) how do you clean them? its been a while since I have been window cleaning, just getting back into it.

Do you just stick a bit of antifreeze in the water?

Cheers

Dave
Oh no!!!! just as I had forgotten all about the winter and was enjoying the sun you had to go and remind me.   ::)
Soon be the shortest day of the year. its all down hill from there.  ;D

jonnyald

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 05:26:25 pm »
as said above use a wagtail.  the bigger the better

i was doing some big glass this afternoon and its a lot of fun with a 24inch wagtail .i dont often do such big glass but i ended up doing them all twice over as i was enjoying it so much  ;D

Pristine Clean

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 06:21:57 pm »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Jack,

Sorry to remind you of the cold... I wont forget the cold. My hands froze to death including myself. That was the original reason I gave window cleaning up. Just a fine weather window cleaner. Im not hard enough! Give me the cheese any day.

Wagtails

Yes I am looking at getting one or two of these.

Is that mop large enough to hold water for those windows of that size.

Cheers

Guys

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »
One of the reasons the wagtail works is that it puts a very thin film of water on the glass meaning less chance of leaving trails.  They work ok but in this hot weather as with any trad method you would need to section the glass off as the water will dry.  A wagtail has a slight advantage in that it wets the window again just before the blade cleans the water off.

Simon.