cleartech Window Cleaners

One of those mornings 😡
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:12:11 am »
All started off well, then got to a restaurant we do and one of the girls had gone outside to take a call and locked herself out. Came back when they had keys, in a rush left my coffee cup on the dash, got in to drive to the next job and forgot about it.  Coffee flying all over dash in front of windscreen, All electrics going mental. Horn blaring, windscreen wipers going full blast and various sensor lights pinging on and off! Hoping when I come back to it in an hour or two things will have calmed down a bit......

paul alan

Re: One of those mornings 😡
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:21:38 am »
Hate them days...deep breaths mate....

andyM

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 02:43:07 pm »
I was cleaning  a farmhouse property this morning when a woman approached me in panic asking if I could help as their dog had killed another animal.
As I approached the crime scene I noticed a Hare laid flat out on the floor staring up to heaven.
The woman was almost in tears and asked if I could dispose of it?
I replied...."Well i'm glad that's not Peter Rabbit laying down there as he's a big time movie star nowadays and someone's bound to notice if he goes missing!" 
There was a shovel to hand, so I scooped it up and before slinging it over the other side of the hedge I thought it only right to say a few words.
My mind's a bit rusty when it comes to recalling  Bible passages so I made it up as I went along and said "Hare today....Gone tomorrow....Peace be upon him!"
And made the sign of the cross before launching him into orbit.   
Job done..... 
One of the Plebs

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 06:17:30 pm »
The oddest thing that happened to me once, about 2 years ago was a job I did out in the sticks - this London couple who figured commuting to the city whilst keeping a few acres and half a dozen sheep was the way to go. On one of the visits she came running across the fields asking  if I knew what to do with a ewe having difficulties in labour. Luckily, I did, usually. Having been a part-time shepherd in a previous existence. 

I was shown this ewe they had shut up in a pen, half way through giving birth to a lamb. It was pretty much out, but when it flopped out completely was not breathing. There’s a few tricks you can do to help get a lamb breathing which I  put in to place and before long it was on its feet and looking to suckle from its mother. It was a big bugger too, just a single.

They were over the moon. Delighted. So much so 6 weeks later after 3 years of cleaning their windows they sacked me.

cleartech Window Cleaners

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 08:53:37 pm »
So, one of those mornings turned into one of those afternoons! Van managed 3 more hours before dying on me. Fuel gauge went all funny and then van conked out. Turns out transit customs don’t like coffee 😡

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 11:05:03 pm »
I was cleaning  a farmhouse property this morning when a woman approached me in panic asking if I could help as their dog had killed another animal.
As I approached the crime scene I noticed a Hare laid flat out on the floor staring up to heaven.
The woman was almost in tears and asked if I could dispose of it?
I replied...."Well i'm glad that's not Peter Rabbit laying down there as he's a big time movie star nowadays and someone's bound to notice if he goes missing!" 
There was a shovel to hand, so I scooped it up and before slinging it over the other side of the hedge I thought it only right to say a few words.
My mind's a bit rusty when it comes to recalling  Bible passages so I made it up as I went along and said "Hare today....Gone tomorrow....Peace be upon him!"
And made the sign of the cross before launching him into orbit.   
Job done..... 
Is that why they say hare of the dog?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 11:10:28 pm »
The oddest thing that happened to me once, about 2 years ago was a job I did out in the sticks - this London couple who figured commuting to the city whilst keeping a few acres and half a dozen sheep was the way to go. On one of the visits she came running across the fields asking  if I knew what to do with a ewe having difficulties in labour. Luckily, I did, usually. Having been a part-time shepherd in a previous existence.

I was shown this ewe they had shut up in a pen, half way through giving birth to a lamb. It was pretty much out, but when it flopped out completely was not breathing. There’s a few tricks you can do to help get a lamb breathing which I  put in to place and before long it was on its feet and looking to suckle from its mother. It was a big bugger too, just a single.

They were over the moon. Delighted. So much so 6 weeks later after 3 years of cleaning their windows they sacked me.
School nativity play?
Good story though, Matt.  We've had some sheep in the field near us recently. They are funny creatures and some of them are bigger than I imagined.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 11:35:43 pm »
Yea!

Just so I could get my paws on Mary 🤣

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 07:22:28 am »

Well, bugger me.

Theres a coincidence, this came up on my FB timeline this morning, as from 4 years ago.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 02:26:50 pm »
So, one of those mornings turned into one of those afternoons! Van managed 3 more hours before dying on me. Fuel gauge went all funny and then van conked out. Turns out transit customs don’t like coffee 😡
don't they have cup holders then  ??????