concept

Re: PPB, a waste of time?
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »
I am not sold on the parts per billion, but hot water on first cleans or less regular cleans would definitely make sense.

what about hot PPB.

Just drive past the window and it cowers into a clean state.

Dougaldum

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 09:48:29 pm »
So techniclaly we are not using pure water as 000ppm may be 001ppb.
Its all a con anyway, i dont change resin until it gets to 30-35 and never have probs or complaints, i could prob get away with water going even higher but havnt risked it yet.
Its just another way to get us window cleaners to spend even more money to keep upto date in the wfp world.

lately ive been using water of 58ppm and ive not noticed any diference in
the waters ability to clean compared to 000ppm

the only  difference is the potential for water marks which doesn't happen
on 90% of properties I clean

the approx 10% where it does I run a squeegee on a pole across the glass
at the bottom of the frame where the water gathers solves the problem
in seconds

I agree 000ppm is a con and 000ppb is a con with bells bollox and whistles
attached
I don't believe you for one second And if you are you going to be losing customers  :o

gary999

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 01:48:04 am »
So techniclaly we are not using pure water as 000ppm may be 001ppb.
Its all a con anyway, i dont change resin until it gets to 30-35 and never have probs or complaints, i could prob get away with water going even higher but havnt risked it yet.
Its just another way to get us window cleaners to spend even more money to keep upto date in the wfp world.

lately ive been using water of 58ppm and ive not noticed any diference in
the waters ability to clean compared to 000ppm

the only  difference is the potential for water marks which doesn't happen
on 90% of properties I clean

the approx 10% where it does I run a squeegee on a pole across the glass
at the bottom of the frame where the water gathers solves the problem
in seconds

I agree 000ppm is a con and 000ppb is a con with bells bollox and whistles
attached
I don't believe you for one second And if you are you going to be losing customers  :o

what reason would I have to lie,i rarely lose customers,like I said 90%
of the glass I clean I have no problems with using 58ppm

I went this morning and cleaned a nice 5 bed detached this morn using
58ppm most of the glass dried without a problem he had one set of down
stairs windows with aluminium frames so bladed dry to be sure.

a lot of the glass I clean sheets when cleaning and dries evenly shrinking
inwards happens a lot on the vast majority of older properties I clean
and also at the other end of the scale on new builds aswell.

on glass I clean which is hydrophobic like I said in previous post
there is a potential to spot so I will blade dry,especially at the bottom of the
glass where the water gathers

im hardly making out im performing miracles but far as concerned 000ppm or ppb
isn't necessary

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 08:57:24 am »
The other misconception is that pure water cleans better than tap water. Our tap water is approx 80/90ppm & without doubt, there is absolutely no noticeable difference whatsoever between that & 000ppm in it's ability to remove dirt from a hard surface!!

formb

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 09:05:56 am »
The other misconception is that pure water cleans better than tap water. Our tap water is approx 80/90ppm & without doubt, there is absolutely no noticeable difference whatsoever between that & 000ppm in it's ability to remove dirt from a hard surface!!

Not sure that's 100% true. From tinternet:

Deionized water, however, is inherently acidic and contaminants (such as copper, dust, stainless and carbon steel, and many other common materials) rapidly supply ions, thus re-ionizing the water.

I know that it can have an adverse effect on steel (land rover chassis) if you don't treat the metal it comes into contact with.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 09:11:57 am »
Soupy - why do you believe 000 water rots land rover chassis more than tap?

>Nathanael

Matt 7 v 6 - or is that a bit harsh?  ;D

Homoeopathy = ppb!
It's a game of three halves!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 09:17:07 am »

Not sure that's 100% true. From tinternet:

Deionized water, however, is inherently acidic and contaminants (such as copper, dust, stainless and carbon steel, and many other common materials) rapidly supply ions, thus re-ionizing the water.

I know that it can have an adverse effect on steel (land rover chassis) if you don't treat the metal it comes into contact with.

One thing to bear in mind regarding your van chassis- rain water, especially where you are is almost pure!

As for the "theory" of pure water cleaning power, yes, I know, I've read it all before but it's at such a minute, scientific level that in "practical" terms there is no "noticeable" difference at human level!! ;)

Try it, clean something with both & apart from pure not leaving dissolved solids behind after evaporation- it will not clean any better than non-pure.

formb

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 09:33:39 am »
Quote from: Granville Gold
Soupy - why do you believe 000 water rots land rover chassis more than tap?

>Nathanael

Matt 7 v 6 - or is that a bit harsh?  ;D

Homoeopathy = ppb!

Land Rovers are neither pigs nor dogs thank you very much.

When we started out we were di only. Tank of tap water in the back with filters before the reels. We did this for about 18 months, no issue. We then went with a static ro, purified water in the tank. The effect the purified water had was fairly obvious and happened quite quickly (less than a year). There were certain points on the old design of our system that were prone to leaks. You could see where the water had eaten away at the chassis.

We changed the design of the system to reduce the chance of leaks and to channel any water away from the chassis. We also now treat the chassis with underseal which needs to be done on a yearly basis.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 10:08:18 am »
It's a scientific fact RO water is more aggressive , PPB water is used in lots of manufacturing processes .
Spit and polish

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 10:12:48 am »
I have a IPC eagle twin RO pumped and have contacted gaps water regarding the nuclear grade resin to see if I used it in the final polish it would produce water at PPB
If this will produce PPB I shall purchase the resin and conduct my own experiment.
Spit and polish

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 11:27:13 am »
The company that supplies the equipment makes UPW http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrapure_water

We use most of the equipment to make the water. I would say making PPB is mostly down to the resin really.

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »
There is a difference between water with a TdS 100 which been contaminated with dissolved  chlorine and another water a TDS of 100 with dissolved iron or lead  oxide which would present totally different results on glass. A lot of your problems with so called lime scale on the glass is in fact calcium oxide which does not readily rinse of glass and needs to be polished out. You read so often on here of chaps having this problem with white spots that will not wash off with pure.
Were we will see more spotting with a tds not at 000 is with the event of using hot water.As these harder oxides adhere/bonds better with hot water. This we see often with dishwashers machine . Which has a softener build in.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2013, 07:02:24 pm »
There is a difference between water with a TdS 100 which been contaminated with dissolved  chlorine and another water a TDS of 100 with dissolved iron or lead  oxide which would present totally different results on glass. A lot of your problems with so called lime scale on the glass is in fact calcium oxide which does not readily rinse of glass and needs to be polished out. You read so often on here of chaps having this problem with white spots that will not wash off with pure.
Were we will see more spotting with a tds not at 000 is with the event of using hot water.As these harder oxides adhere/bonds better with hot water. This we see often with dishwashers machine . Which has a softener build in.

Nobody's using TDS 100 Smithy, get with the times!! ;D

Oh, & you've been reading too much! ;)