caz16

Hi im thinking of starting cleaning co, donestic & commercial, not sure where to start though! any ideas & help please
Tah
caz
caz16  :-)

Daria Taylor

Re: starting cleaning business, any ideas where to start. heathrow/staines
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 05:39:11 pm »
well deciding what you want to do would be a good start, along with how much budget you have. You have idea budget etc, drop me e-mail at daria-taylor@live.co.uk telling me what you wanna do etc who are your customers and i will be able to give ya better advice.

Regards dash

simon smith50

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 03:02:11 pm »
hi caz
you need to look on www..com
all the info and business templates you could want on there .
or go to my site and go to their link on my site
www.sascleaners..com
hope this helps
regards
simon
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

simon smith50

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 11:43:32 pm »
hi caz 16 ,
have just found a website i think may be of tremendous use to you .
www.MyHomeCleaningBiz.com
looks impressive and appears to have lots of the answers that i think you are looking for . it has an ebook for free download   something along the lines of all you need to know to start a home cleaning business , although it is american i believe you will find it useful
hope this helps
simon
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

Maximus

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 06:33:33 am »
Hi Ya

The best way to insure you make good profits is to have the support of a good supplier for all your consumables and chems and machines, I use Nationwide Cleaning Supplies in Milton Keynes, they deliver all over the country, and what those guys know about cleaning in invaluable, I call up and ask whats best and they tell me, and they are always right, their prices are the best around and unbeatable service, call and ask for Sean 0844 543 0423.

Good luck
Maximus

gary hall

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 08:03:15 am »
Hi Caz

I  run a carpet and upholstery cleaning business in the Heathrow/Staines area
drop me a line and if you have any questions I may be able to help you out.

When I started in 2006 I was felt I was fumbling around in the dark so all I can say is good luck ,you will get there  !!!!

Gary H  vp@hallhawkett.freeserve.co.uk

simoncollins

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 09:26:34 am »
Hi Caz,

So you're looking at starting a new cleaning business. Well, all I can say is good luck and go for it!

There are plenty of good businesses operating throughout the region, but there are many others that are not well managed and have no business plan. You can certainly succeed as long as you plan what it is you want to do and how much it will cost you. Always operate within your budget!

I would recommend attending any courses that you can get on to broaden both your practical cleaning knowledge and your business acumen. For instance, Prochem run one and two day carpet and upholstery cleaning courses at their place in Chessington and these tend to cost around £95 per day.

Also, Business Link offers a wide range of business related courses including how to write a business plan, marketing, web design, basic accounting etc and these are generally free.

When you get up and running you will need to sell and market effectively so use whatever "networks" you can, e.g. BNI business networks, local Chambers of Commerce etc and get out there meeting and selling YOU and the business.

Anyway, I hope it all goes well for you and feel free to get in touch at any time.

Kind regards,
Simon
Simon

caz16

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 07:49:36 am »
Thank you all, yes i am running in the dark.. still thinking ! gota make career decission quick !  its getting clients first & foremost & insurance, any ideas of companies.?? im starting small to start with

Thanx  again
caz
caz16  :-)

martin19842

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 09:35:56 am »
hi there

i have read all the previous posts and thought i would offer some of my own.

re suppliers, the nationwide group are a national company and provide a good service, however i have in the past beat their prices through the use of a local company who provided a second to none service, so consider both options .

you need to make a decision about whether you are going in the commercial or domestic direction, as doing both from day one will be tough, this will also impact upon the insurance cover that you require.

the market is tough, and the myth about this industry being easy cannot be more wrong.!!!!

it isnt just about buying some cleaning materials and going out to do cleaning.

another decision that you need to make is what level of salary/wages you need/require/desire.

please dont mix this up with profit, as profit is the money left after thewages have been paid, and is the money left in the business to expand the business.

please dont take offence if this is to low level, as there have been a number of people that mix up this fundamental business issue.

so good luck

regards

martin

Drewheald

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 09:51:07 am »
Hi

Are you still loking to start your cleaning business?

If so please contact Drew on 07003401479 or drewheald@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Nick Head

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 04:57:08 pm »

Hi Caz

Hope you have sorted what you want to do - if you need any further help please feel free to email me, my email address is on my profile.

I have started a few cleaning operations and would be happy to pass on any advice

Nick
Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence