yorky

Service, What service
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:20:21 am »
So i'm looking at differeny options machine wise and have contacted 2 different suppliers. The first one says the boss is busy but will call me back,it never happened. The second one I try to call on friday as they state they are open on an evening but no reply. They have an e-mail link on the website and I post asking for details of the wand and hoses that are given as part of the package advertised with this machine.

Well 10 pm last night I get an e-mail reply with the following.

"No phone number no deal"

That's all that is included, no regards, name, thanks.

I have been in business many years doing different things and that's just about the worst customer service I have ever encountered, and this is from a company mentioned on sites before not some cowboy outfit.

Unbelievable.

richy27

Re: Service, What service
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:56:24 am »
www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk

matt is your guy great customer service

Colin Day

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 10:34:45 am »
Just hope to god it isn't Cleansmart that's ruffled Yorky's feathers ;D ;D ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:39:31 am »
Hi Guys

Yorky. which company was it?

This is the sort of thing which comes up with CC's who refuse to respond to emails if there is no phone number, forgetting the prospect may want to communicate via email!

Cheers

Doug

yorky

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:50:50 am »
Hi Guys

This is the sort of thing which comes up with CC's who refuse to respond to emails if there is no phone number, forgetting the prospect may want to communicate via email!

Cheers

Doug

I respond to every E-Mail even if I think it's a competitor just looking for prices. I would never respond in that manner to anyone. The guy need to seriously look at his interpersonal skills given that reply.I would never give them my money.

I'm new to the forum so not sure if it's ok to post company names given the nature of my posting. If the moderator does not have a problem I don't have one but I know from posting on other forums (not carpet cleaning) that they don't always allow it.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 10:58:56 am »
Hi Yorky

I can understand you reluctance to post details, it's a difficult one.

Maybe you should email the company and express how dissapointed you were with the response, it's certainly very poor.

I agree with your email policy, beprofessional and positive at all times.

Cheers

Doug

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 11:00:39 am »
Give us a hint Yorky.... ;D

yorky

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 11:02:51 am »
Give us a hint Yorky.... ;D

If a mod says ok I will let you know. Lets just say doing a search on here the company has been mentioned on a posting this year.

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 11:04:33 am »
Thought the company would only to pleased to see their name on here! ;) (No such thing a bad publicity ???)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

yorky

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 11:14:17 am »
Hi Yorky

I can understand you reluctance to post details, it's a difficult one.

Maybe you should email the company and express how dissapointed you were with the response, it's certainly very poor.

I agree with your email policy, beprofessional and positive at all times.

Cheers

Doug

I did Doug with this reply

"Sorry i'm baffled by the response. Can't say I have ever had someone in business reply to me with only the words "No phone number no deal"

All I want to know is what's included in the offer, is it a standard wand or a wonderwand as i'm trying to decide between buying a second hand machine without anything included or a new machine.

I did phone as it stated you were open until 8pm but got no answer.

Regards"

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 11:27:41 am »
Yorky

You wasn’t using a hot mail address (I never reply to those ether)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 11:41:33 am »
as a moderator I would be unhappy with you naming this company as you don't even name yourself.

fill out your profile, tell us who you are. if I was a supplier I would not be happy with someone posting negative comments about my company but using an alias.

please don't read this as criticism of you personally you can post negative & experiences about any company on here  but it is only fair to give that company the chance to give their side, but they can't do that unless they know who's complaining

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

yorky

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 11:44:20 am »
as a moderator I would be unhappy with you naming this company as you don't even name yourself.

fill out your profile, tell us who you are. if I was a supplier I would not be happy with someone posting negative comments about my company but using an alias.

please don't read this as criticism of you personally you can post negative & experiences about any company on here  but it is only fair to give that company the chance to give their side, but they can't do that unless they know who's complaining

Yes thats fair enough Mike which is why I asked. My post was intended more as my early experiences.

yorky

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 11:48:06 am »
Yorky

You wasn’t using a hot mail address (I never reply to those ether)

Yes it was me own personal e-mail address which is hotmail.

Out of interest why do you not reply to hotmail addresses. Am I missing something as I get queries regularly from hotmail addresses and reply to them the same way as any other?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 11:51:51 am »
I would love to know who it is, just tell us but put your real name at the bottom of the post.

its like someone going onto a humberside homecare forum and saying "Mike Halliday Is a cowboy and did a crap job of cleaning my suites" ...........signed Pippa88

how can I give a defence without knowing the actual customer
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 01:31:04 pm »
Hi Guys

Cheers
Doug
;) ;D nice one doug

yorky why don't you just put your phone number on, problem solved
after all, mike halliday has said pretty much the same thing to you , all be it a lot politer.

yorky

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 02:01:51 pm »
If they had stated they needed a phone number no problem but the form they use did not ask for it. I get requests all the time with no number as many people just e-mail these days.
Regardless I don't see what difference that makes when all I was doing was asking what was what type of wand was included in the price.

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 03:16:07 pm »
Yorky
I can only assume that what has happened to this company in the past is that they have had a lot of plonkers playing around with their website requests and got totally fed up so they will only give info tho those that give full details.
Lets face it, there are lots of plonkers around - some on here as well.
and like already said, many of us get requests for prices for carpet cleaning via website and people dont leave name tel number or anything. After you wasted time so many times you sense that any messages of that nature are going to be a waste too.
This dealer may have been having a bad day (we all have them), but it would have been good for you to identify yourself.
Posters on here, you will find, who dont properly identify themselves very often dont get full help from other members - we been caught too many times before by the plonkers.

Phild

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 03:33:29 pm »
Hilton (?), re your query about Hotmail accounts. I'm no techie but basically anyone can open a Hotmail account under an assumed name. It is extremely common that they are used to send abusive mail or spam. So what you may say? Well I have watched our techie guy when he comes in each morning and the first thing he does is go through the spam filters to sort out the rubbish that has been caught. The volume is incredible, by that I mean hundreds every day. He then has to glance through them to make sure that any important messages haven't been trapped by the filters. Hotmail makes up a large part of this mail. Another way of looking at it is that if you are dealing with business customers it just doesn't give the right professional image.

I also agree with DH's comment that forum members should have enough details recorded on their profile that they can at least  be identified and contacted. Phil D

yorky

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 04:37:38 pm »
I would love to know who it is, just tell us but put your real name at the bottom of the post.

its like someone going onto a humberside homecare forum and saying "Mike Halliday Is a cowboy and did a crap job of cleaning my suites" ...........signed Pippa88

how can I give a defence without knowing the actual customer

No problem

It was a company called "The big clean"

Mark Reynard

yorky

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 04:51:40 pm »
I had no idea there was a problem with Hotmail accounts, you learn something new every day.I'm using mine for just about everything at the moment.

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 04:55:58 pm »
Mark
If you get a professional website you normally get the host service providing email addresses like info@(yourcompanyname).co.uk    And websites dont cost a fortune but are an effective media.

Now doesnt that look more professional the yorky@hotmail.com  or whatever.

How about filling in your profile now.?

yorky

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »
Mark
If you get a professional website you normally get the host service providing email addresses like info@(yourcompanyname).co.uk    And websites dont cost a fortune but are an effective media.

Now doesnt that look more professional the yorky@hotmail.com  or whatever.

How about filling in your profile now.?

Yes I know Joe I'm just not at that stage just now and am having to use my own E-Mail only. I should have things sorted in the next couple of months or so.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 05:28:12 pm »
Sorry to say guys but blaming Yorkys email is a joke! Theres nothing wrong with hotmail accounts at all, they are free! so what!
So are yahoo and gmail accounts! etc etc Hotmail are huge, i think the biggest supplair of email accounts so you are bound to get alot of them.

That reply by "The Big Clean" was totaly and utterly terrible! He could of aleast said, "Hi Mark, give me your telephone number and we can discuss it better on the phone." easy.

For a company that sells niche products to a smallish industry like carpet cleaning he really has no brain if that is his customer service attitude.

Tony

yorky

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 05:35:09 pm »
That's my feeling. I had tried to phone them first and gave them my name and would have been more than happy to give my phone number if they had needed it. At the end of the day all I was asking was what wand was included as the price was already on the website.

If they had replied along the lines of your posting I would have had no problem in providing anything they needed.

I had no idea about Hotmail accounts and problems.

colin thomas

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 05:48:05 pm »
have to say that most of my family have online e-mail addresses, hotmail, gmail yahoo etc, they like to easily access from anywhere. i have an e-mail address that carries my business name but surely there's no problem with those that dont.

colin
colin thomas

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 05:52:22 pm »
Yeah.... i wouldn't employ them to clean my vans never mind selling.

One word, CleanSmart (ok two words)

And there's nothing wrong with Hotmail email addresses trust me.

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:19 pm »
I have a thing about hotmail and others you’ve got an ip provider why not use it, I even use my real name on the bay ant got nothing to hide oh ant got a web site yet and when I do it will have my address on but that’s me. 8)

Re the big clean waiting a phone call from them the yank only went back Friday

southern counties

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 06:59:53 pm »
Hi Mark That was me that typed that.

We spend a lot of time replying to requests  but we only give out pricing info  when the person leaves some real contact details not just a  generic email address (and this was a question about my prices).

I should  have been more professional and less blunt in my response and -so i would like to apologise for that and for upsetting you.

I am sorry.

Sincerely
Dave Preece

Steve Chapman

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 07:07:12 pm »
problem solved,

i love a happy ending  :'(

steve

yorky

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 07:11:18 pm »
Hi Mark That was me that typed that.

We spend a lot of time replying to requests  but we only give out pricing info  when the person leaves some real contact details not just a  generic email address (and this was a question about my prices).

I should  have been more professional and less blunt in my response and -so i would like to apologise for that and for upsetting you.

I am sorry.

Sincerely
Dave Preece

No problem and thank you for responding.

Mark

Doug Holloway

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 08:08:06 pm »
Hi Guys

We all have times when we don't respond as we should and I think it is a big plus from David that he has admitted that.

It can be frustrating dealing with email or even phone enquiries when you know they are not likely to result in any business.

Well done to Mark as well for his sensible approach.

Cheers

Doug

John Kelly

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 08:23:56 pm »
We get dodgy orders nearly every week. They are all using dodgy credit cards and try and order say 5 Henry's. We have never been caught out yet as we have some good software. However every one of them uses a hotmail account. Nothing wrong with hotmail accounts but when we get one we have to make additional checks. If you have an isp provided email at least we know you have a registered phone line and address.
Also we are not allowed to use a generic email for any of our fire and flood restoration work. Non of the insurers or loss adjusters will allow it as all their systems filter it out. In my opinion ok for personal use but not for business.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 08:38:43 pm »
ok, but what about the percentage of new set ups? or the companys that dont have a buisness website? (i presume this percentage is high)
Cant expect a new CC to have a website before they buy equipment surely??!

John Kelly

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 08:48:49 pm »
You don't need a website just  internet provider. I would have thought internet access was a must for anyone starting any business these days.

John Kelly

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2010, 08:50:14 pm »
Just thought if you have a hotmail account you have to have internet access anyway.

ryan mca

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2010, 09:09:39 pm »
 when calling for advice on start up equipment I found dave at the big clean very
helpful guess everybody has a bad day if your after a powerflite check out
airflex turbo at cleansmart well worth alook

yorky

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 10:05:07 pm »
Just thought if you have a hotmail account you have to have internet access anyway.

My hotmail account was set up years ago by my brother in law and I've used it ever since without realising it could ever be a problem.
I don't think I will ever look at it the same way again now it's been sullied. :o

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 10:27:18 pm »
Who knows Mark having a new email account may bring in more work or at least looked on more favourably bringing this to the light may have done you a favour.

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 10:53:06 pm »
Mark

You're not far from uk-cleaning-systems who will probably match whatever deal you're looking at 700 miles away

yorky

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 03:27:26 pm »
Mark

You're not far from uk-cleaning-systems who will probably match whatever deal you're looking at 700 miles away

Yes I have spoken with them. At the moment I'm looking at all the options.