Ben Peters

Beware DP design and print
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:17:16 pm »

As i have just had the worst experience  in dealing with the above i thought it would be in the interests of you all to hear...

Ordered 5000 leaflets, gave exactly what i wanted on them, waited for them to arrive!

Leaflets arrive a month later, only printed on 1 side and my contact number was wrong, plus i was over charged on my credit card by £25....Called to complain told someone would get back to me when they look into it, constant phone calls and emails later 3 weeks later am told a reprint would be done and that refund would be put onto card...3 weeks later leaflets arrive and on the back it is all blairy...i had no choice to use them as i was doing a promo event and needed them...phoned to complain and was told there is nothing they can do, I asked about the refund and was told it was done, checked my account and shock it wasnt!!!

I give up altogether with the whole thing now sick of calling and emailing...

will01

Re: Beware DP design and print
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:35:46 pm »
Hi Ben:

Sorry to hear about your experience :-\

However I have dealt with this firm for a while now and admittedly there has been a few minor hiccups but in the main I the service has been pretty good.

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:25:39 am »
Hi Ben

I used them a few years back and I wasn't overly impressed with them. To me they are quite amateur in their design and approach.

Just ordered 20,000 from www.printcarrier.com and as usual am extremely impressed with their service and quality of leaflet. I would not even look elsewhere now!

John

Jon Tabbener

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 09:22:11 am »
well i've used them a few times & had no problems what so ever - last time i ordered from them i received the leaflets in 2 days  - nice guy aswell
Cleaner Carpets

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:35:48 am »
Probably the old saying "you only get what you pay for" springs to mind.

Regards

Daryl

nick p

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 09:40:52 am »
Ive been using them for a few years now, never had a problem allways have a proof emailed to me before they got to print, ive allways had a good service and a good price from them.

Nick

John Higgins

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 09:48:23 am »
Mark from DP
This is a maliciouse posting from a competitor we have never done any printing for this guy.
If this is how low he has to stoop to compete with us he must be desperate

We have done 1000's of jobs
for cleanit up members over the last 15 years Think this may be the guy who was trying to advertise cheap
leaflets a wile ago that were not that cheap.

coyote7

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 09:51:57 am »
Hi Ben,
I must admit I have been using them for the past year and yes things sometimes take a little longer to get done than I would like but as for the quality and price I have no compliants ;D and Mark is always on hand to offer advice.
Sorry if it's not the answer you are expecting but we all have this happen from time to time with various companies I guess you have been unlucky on this occasion :-\
Rich.

richy27

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 09:57:20 am »
dealt with mark couple of times always very pleased no probs at all

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 10:34:19 am »
I've had leaflets from DP and the service has been excellent, deliverd directly to suppliers or to my home without a problem.

To put things into context though and looking through Ben Peters posts he is a cleaner as for the rest can't comment.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 11:21:36 am »
look like Mark is calling you a liar so....... he would have sent you proof of your leaflet  post it here so we can see the mistake, if one side was blurry take a photo and again let us see it, you paid on your credit card again photo it ( blank out any personal stuff just leaving the date, amount,  DPs name and your name)

lots of ways you can prove your case and if some one was calling me a liar I'd do my utmost to prove I'm right.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 12:05:05 pm »
Remember what good old Dom off of the One Show always tells us!!

If you've paid by credit card you're protected by the consumer credit act, you can get your money back!!

That's presuming what you're saying is true of course.

richy27

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 12:22:08 pm »

If you've paid by credit card you're protected by the consumer credit act, you can get your money back!!

dont get dumb get dom  but if it gets too heavy just get the hell out of there

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 12:41:00 pm »
Used Mark at DP good price good service no problems.

REGARDS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

nevil

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 04:25:40 pm »
I have dealt with Mark and DP and he has not only done a cracking job every time, but is a mine of information. I have kept him yapping on the phone many a time when I'm sure he has better things to do. Top bloke.

I reckon this has got to be a wind up or someone is out to cause mischief.

John Higgins

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »
Mark DP
If this is genuine He can always call me on 01482 226295
or email is mobile to mark@kireth.com

He says he is called severval times but have had no communication from him he is based in irland
we only do an handgfull of cleaners in irland have rang them all its none of them.

Bob Allen

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 06:17:12 pm »
I too have used Dp design & print many times and Mark has been very helpfull never had a problem with quality or the service.
Bob Allen

Colin Day

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 06:19:52 pm »
I too have used Dp design & print many times and Mark has been very helpfull never had a problem with quality or the service.

Same here! It's a shame they can't get it right 100% of the time but hey, none of us are perfect! I'll continue to get my leaflets done there.....

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 06:35:44 pm »
How much are DP doing 5,000 colour A5 double sided 135g for?

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 06:35:45 pm »
Someone once said! No such thing as bad publicity.  :o ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

paul moss

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 06:44:09 pm »

He should have said DONT WEAR A PURPLE SHIRT or you will look like a PRAT ;D

John Higgins

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 08:14:08 pm »

5000 A5 £86.25 Deliverd All the prices are on
http://trade-print-services.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 08:44:11 pm »
I got 5k A6 cards from DP last month,I think the service was efficient and the quality was fine,the only thing I found not very good was the cards are advertised as 250gsm and to me they are no thicker than 190/200 gsm.I have worked in print for 34 years and I know about paper weights.

The price of £55 for 5K is the reason the print trade is in the brown stuff at the moment.Cant see how he makes much profit on that.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 08:52:43 pm »
The issue isn't price it's a dispute about service and maybe an over charge, Ben needs to come back to answer the posts or contact Mark.

Shaun

neil55

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 10:32:14 pm »
just checked these guys out - v fast and prof response to my email.

V v good prices compared to my printer - am going to give these guys a go!!

tks for the intro ;D

richie

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 11:45:39 pm »
Seems abit weird that Ben has not made any effort to comment on all the replies given. I dealt with Mark a few yrs ago when we required leaflets.  He was very efficient, friendly. Sent us email proofs within a day or so then when we said ok go ahead and print we recieved everything in full & exactley what we wanted.

Adam Fearnley

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 11:58:54 pm »
Mark,

Is there any option on your site to just print one sided leaflets?

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 09:06:38 am »

5000 A5 £86.25 Deliverd All the prices are on
http://trade-print-services.co.uk

Ah right! Think Ill stick with print carrier then. They can do it for £69 inc delivery and Vat. Cheers anyway lol

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 09:43:14 am »
Could someone tell me who is John Higgins

Hopefully the Free plublicity has out wieghed the so far alledgley false allegation

John Higgins

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 11:10:30 am »
Mark,

Is there any option on your site to just print one sided leaflets?

Hi same print price for single or double, however if you require us to do artwork
the fee is £20.00 forsingle £40.00 for double

John Higgins

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 11:14:41 am »
John Higgins is Mark from DP print, cant be bothered to go into the saga I had with him a couple of years back, pleasant bloke but was having quality problems at the time and as reliable as the railway network on a snowy day...

must admit a few years ago we did have roduction proplems around the time of the hull floods
the company has really grown since then in production and quality and machinery

Not all carpet cleaners started out with truck mounts but worked there way up from portbles

same here we only started out with small presses and have worked our way up

Atlantic Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 05:19:41 pm »
Well I have used them several times in the past and I have to say I found them more than helpful, and most of all good value for money. I would recommend them..

AJB

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 05:33:07 pm »
I used to have leaflets from Mark, about 1 Million to be precise.
Never had problems with quality or delivery.

I only stopped because as the presses were upgraded he
stopped doing one colour leaflets.

I think it's about time full details were required for registration!!
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Ben Peters

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »

John Higgins or aka Mark you will recall you done a print for Premier Clean quite a few months back...

The first print were only printed one sided and took a month to be delivered

The second print the images on the back were hazy and also took a further 3 weeks to be delivered

You over charged me by £25 which i called and emailed you several times about getting a refund to which I was promised but didn't happen.

To be honest I was just going to let it go but another company (not to do with printing) is trying to shaft me and it has ped me of to an extend were im not going to except it anymore...

So as I said before Beware DP design and print!

ady

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 09:28:42 pm »
Mark has done my cards and leaflets for a couple of years now and has put me a web site together evrything has been spot on and because I am crap with the use of computers ,has took the time to show me ,ifi have a problem he is on the end of the phone ,and I have met him in hull and he is a gent .these posts having ago at D.P.print are alien to me because I have always had good service

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 09:36:09 pm »
Ditto I don't do much literature advertising anymore Mark only does colour prints (mores the pity)but have no complaints.

Shaun

John Higgins

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 01:25:36 am »

John Higgins or aka Mark you will recall you done a print for Premier Clean quite a few months back...

The second print the images on the back were hazy and also took a further 3 weeks to be delivered

You over charged me by £25 which i called and emailed you several times about getting a refund to which I was promised but didn't happen.

To be honest I was just going to let it go but another company (not to do with printing) is trying to shaft me and it has ped me of to an extend were im not going to except it anymore...

Email me tomorrow with your mobile phone number and will call and sort out if you have slipped through the net
its is a genuine mistake looking at the order I think I was in Hospital at the time with a pericardial rub
I don't like letting anybody down and if a full refund is in order you will get one

as per delivery to Ireland the couriers have not been good delivering to either Ireland or Norther Ireland
and I stopped doing print jobs for Ireland several months ago because of this -

email mark@kireth.com

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 07:33:34 am »

We have a lot of leaflets and postcards off Mark and they are all of the highest quality and excellent value for money, look at his samples. Mark will talk to you anytime like a person not a business.
He’s currently working on a website for me, and I’m constantly mailing and phoning him with what text and content I require in it and he never complains. I find dp an excellent company to work with.
Steve.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 10:34:18 am »

Email me tomorrow with your mobile phone number and will call and sort out if you have slipped through the net
its is a genuine mistake looking at the order I think I was in Hospital at the time with a pericardial rub
I don't like letting anybody down and if a full refund is in order you will get one

as per delivery to Ireland the couriers have not been good delivering to either Ireland or Norther Ireland
and I stopped doing print jobs for Ireland several months ago because of this -

email mark@kireth.com

If that is what happened I am glad we let it run.  Mark why are you John
I

John Higgins

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 01:30:10 pm »
Sorry for any confusion Ian I am posting on my  brothers account (he is also a carpet cleaner) I should really ask for a reminder of my own password.

I'm happy for this post to run if it highlights any shortcoming of our company.

It sounds a bit like a cliche but we do strive to give the best service possible, but we are not perfect sometimes things happen beyond our control and for this we can only apologies. but as the many happy customer who have posted on this topic show...... we usually get things right :)

if Ben contacts us we will be happy to discuss any problems he may have.

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 03:46:41 pm »
Not been on the site for a while but felt that i had to say something re Mark and DP Print realy its only going over old ground ie meaning others have sead the same thing. I have dealt with Mark for a number of years and have had no problems, infact as others have sead he will go out of his way to help. I will indeed be getting intouch with him again shortly re doing some more for me.

Take care all John Rimmer