sorry ive been told i cant leave tips anymore
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:47:32 am »
ive been told not to leave sherlocks tips anymore. whether you liked them or not isent the question. they were a valid point of view . and work well for me. ive been gagged >:(
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

paul_smith

Re: sorry ive been told i cant leave tips anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 11:20:40 am »
Who has gagged you?
your tips may be good or bad but i like to decide for myself.
Paul

Karl Wildey

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 11:27:30 am »
Who gagged Sherlock?

His tips like or love them, have something to do with running a carpet cleaning business. Picking your nose does not, so why?

This site is losing members and its plot.

I think the moderator need to tell us why Sherlock is gagged.

Anyone agree?

Everbrite

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 11:48:28 am »
Yes please tell who told you to stop??????

Adrian Makel

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 12:37:54 pm »
not on.didn`t always agree with tips but would like choice to make up my own mind,and anyway always had a laugh at them.MODERATOR GONE MAD!!!

cleanthrough

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 01:42:45 pm »
Hello

I am sure they had thier reasons

I have spoke to Phillip and he seems to have visions of the way this site is going
Its the sites way or no-way
Dont like it..GO!
I for one will stay as I come here to talk about cleaning and admire the sites commitment to keep it the way they like it.
Some might not agree andI am sure there is another cleaning forum

John

Karl Wildey

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 01:57:41 pm »
The site is about cleaning and running a cleaning business, so why is sherlock gagged???

Still no answer

cleanthrough

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 02:21:34 pm »
Hello
I was equaly as puzzled when some of my stuff was edited and delted
Like I said, I am sure they have thier reasons and have a direction for this site you are not aware of
If you dont like it go-away!, that is what I was told,BY MODERATERS!

John

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 02:53:31 pm »
most of you have got it right, this site is about carpet cleaners coming together to share knowledge & experiences for the mutual benefit of all readers. but  when this knowledge is rubbish and harmful to new starters then steps have to be taken.

Something had to be done about Rons post I think they are not about helping other but more about self gratification and boosting his own ego, who in his right mind starts post like 'should I be a moderator'  or 'Sherlocks tips' I'm all for giving tips to help others but perhaps he should contribute to this board for a year or so before he starts believing he is  the fountain of all knowledge.

Just to finish I'd like to say Ron is a very interesting & valuable member of Cleanitup, and i like him :) :) :)

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 04:37:58 pm »
ive been gagged by the top god. and mike i dont think that it is justified to say my tips have little merit. if you dont use them, thats your choice . my tips work and i have no self gratification whatsoever. i maybe one of the few people on here  that hopes people do well. and whatever i say i have tried and tested , rubbish and harmfull. sorry that is without doubt an interpretaion you can make. you simply dont take my 30 years of knowledge and use it. to gag me is nothing more than hypocritial, cause what you are saying is i dont agree get rid of it. others are ok. but sherlock cant make his point. jon who are you, it was only a couple of weeks ago that you told us theres no point in life.
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Everbrite

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 05:08:47 pm »
Well said,  And can somebody tell me how you become a moderator??????

Matt Read

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 05:47:07 pm »
 what tips has sherlock given that could get a newbie in trouble ? Most of the old boys brigade on here tell newbies to quit at the first sign of their incompetance.... i think we should start a sherlock fan club..create our own clique to compete against the old hands and the allergstop commitee  ;D...this isn't a forum for debate and help anymore its a witchhunt ...the main main left a while ago but he is alive and posting out there ,,,still with politness and great knowledge u just gotta find him and his forum.
Matt

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 06:03:39 pm »
John

I was puzzled why i have never read any of your posts then I realised most of them have been about window Cleaning.

Ron  I am sorry to hear about your problems, Obviously Mike Boxall has his reasons.

Regards

Ian

PS I am not anti anything I just do not like one product being plugged .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 06:34:47 pm »
I'll clarify some of my comments I made earlier. What I find harmful is making post without clearification, if you tell a new starter that you should get a 1% return of leaflets, what is he to think if he is only getting 0.01%.

it like telling a new starter that it should take 90mins to clean a suite. If you are going to give advice then be willing to answer any questions that follow, not ignore them.

telling us all that you get 15 suites a week, but won't say how is not helpful.

Matt, when has an old timer told an newbie to quit?  & this is'nt a witchhunt its an interesting Topic ;) ;) at least its better than picking your nose

Mike

Paul Phillips

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 08:05:54 pm »
While I do not agree with some of what Ron [Sherlock] has to say, I also have t point out that some of what he does say makes perfect sense. We all have to learn and I for one have taken onboard some of the guys advice (FOR THE BETTER to my business).

I totally agree that a leaflet - like all advertisements - should drive the prospect into action and make the call. If the leaflet goes in the bin, it has failed. FACT. If it goes in the draw for future reference, it has only achieved 50% of what it was desgined to do! FACT.

Ron gave me some excellent advice via an email some weeks ago, which I took about 80% onboard and am now becoming more and more busy - coincidence maybe, but how to prove it???

By gagging Ron, this is just censorship! Now I thought - perhaps wrongly - that we lived in a free country. Fine, I am only a junior, but from what I am reading, there are alot that feel like me. Who cares if the guy posts cr@p sometimes...... we are all human afterall. Anyone who NEVER makes a mistake does NOT exist. Anyone who 'thinks' they NEVER make a mistake is only fooling themselves.

So what if the forum is 'sponsored' by a company! By the very fact this board is open to all, means they have given control away. If someone is being gagged then that is a VERY BAD thing!

I would suggest the gagger recinds the gag and allow the board members to make up their own minds, after all, we are adults - unlike the board sponsors I would suggest.......

Smacks a little of "It's my ball and you are not playing football...!".

Debate open................................................................................

Paul
Resolve Services UK Ltd.
Covering Gloucester and Cheltenham

garyj

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 08:29:25 pm »
Well said Paul, spot on.

The moderators are very quite at the moment!!

Matt Read

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005, 08:35:14 pm »
"all doom and gloom" posted April 02, 2005,,springs to mind mike.
Matt

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005, 08:42:39 pm »
Whilst some of your tips were ok and some were useless ;) i do wonder how you manage to run a cleaning business and post on here so many times!!! youve been a member since the back end of march and posted and posted about 250 times :o :o

Anyway are you going to gatwick tomorrow Mr King ???

NIck
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 08:46:41 pm »
no nick im going to clean 2 .3 piece suites instead. i only go to gatwick when i take off to some tropical calm climatic island in the sun.but thanks for asking. hope that i wont be one of the topics. my ears will be flapping

jcbdfa

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 09:17:41 pm »
this topic is the most openly aggressive i have read on this forum and unfortuneatly i agree with most that ron should not be gagged. it seems that he has rattled some cages and is paying the price. if its about cleaning carpets/business no matter how against accepted practice/knowledge it should be printed and replyed to imho

williamx

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 09:57:19 pm »
Does anyone see a resemblance between this subject and George Orwell "Animal Farm" :o

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 09:59:50 pm »
lol
nice one williamx 8)
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 11:04:05 pm »
it is now becoming, rude, very personal. of no creditwortiness. its a shame if newcomers see this, thanks for the support. 

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 11:09:52 pm »

As I am a big man  ;D  ;D  ;D I will say as I feel

I AM OVER THE MOON YOU WONT BE BORNING ME WITH YOUR SO CALLED TIPS 
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

therapist

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 11:26:45 pm »
What's you're idea of a big man, Gavin?

Matt Read

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2005, 08:57:34 am »
Perhaps we can start afresh today like good children,,no more allergstop advertising,no more threats to lamp people,let everyone have an opinion without fear of the being hunted down and smacked around the head !

We're all on the same side ,,we want to make money cleaning carpets,,and we all go about it our own way,,no rights or wrongs ,what works for you works.
Matt

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2005, 09:01:44 am »
Therapist

You tell me I am only quoting what others have said about me  8)

Regards Gavin

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2005, 01:36:38 pm »
this is without doubt the most aggressive attack ive ever seen, on any forum, some of you should be ashamed.perhaps if you put more effort into your work rather than attack an individual you would prosper. shame on you

ian richards

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2005, 03:53:04 pm »

I'm staying out of this one :-X

I have said my peace in the past, and am now retiring form the Sherlock subject.

Anyway in four hours time i'm off to stay in that wonderful hotel that you can see on the left :) :)

Ian

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2005, 03:57:41 pm »
looks nice ian. can i come, we could chat carpet cleaning issues.as you can see im now a god. amazing i got to this respectable position. :-X

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2005, 05:53:18 pm »
Ian

Dont tell fibs  :o ::) :o

I was speaking to your wife only last week you are going on hols with her folks staying in a hotel not TO far away and you are gong to go to that hotel one day for evening tea and cakes

Got ya mate  ;)

Cheers Gav  8)

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2005, 06:14:51 pm »
about 3 weeks a ago I had one of my posts deleted and got a private mesage not to type anything like it again :o :o

does anyone remember it?

no you don't because I just accepted it and did'nt start crying like a baby shouting censership.

we are guest of Express Cleaning  they pay for this website they can do anything they like, if you don't like it , go away.

Mike

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2005, 06:17:42 pm »
its my party and ill cry if i want to.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2005, 06:23:07 pm »
Ron, youy'll remember my post because you were the only one who had time to answer it.

it was titled 'people talking crap' I think it was deleted because of the liberal use of a slang work for testes starting with ' B'  ;D

Mike

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2005, 10:44:27 pm »
yes mike i remember it, you should have been left. its a crying shame

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2005, 09:06:23 pm »
yes to those of you that have sent me emails i will send my tips out via that media thanks again to you all

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2005, 11:11:28 pm »
glad you got them .may they work well for you god willing

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2005, 12:39:45 pm »
This is supposed to be a professional forum for professional people.

Lately, it has become full of rubbish and has put off many members from posting. Even those members who use their names post here relatively anonymously. The content of this forum reflects directly on Express Cleaning Supplies and if deleting rubbish is seen as 'censorship' then so be it.

If you don't like the way we operate it - GO ELSEWHERE!

This topic will also be deleted shortly.

Regards

Mike Boxall

paul@ctcs

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2005, 03:11:35 pm »
Before this subject is removed, I will add that I agree with the moderators taking action and removing some of the rubbish posted of late. In the past there has been the odd trouble maker but, like buses they seem to have turned up in numbers all of a sudden  :(

Lets hope we get things back to the way they were in the very near future :)

Paul

dave401uk

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2005, 04:38:48 pm »
i agree with paul, this has gone to far, and i for one am glad to hear that at last, something will be done about it, lets keep it professional.

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2005, 06:56:10 pm »
i would ask this to be deleted .my topic ron