ianharper

TM v Portable
« on: May 30, 2005, 03:40:39 pm »

ianharper

Re: TM v Portable
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 03:41:31 pm »

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 05:48:24 pm »
i must say that portable is alot, easier no parking problems, no worrying about kids falling over the pipies. dont have tol leave front door open, so dogs cant escape. i reckon portable is 100 times better for domestics, perhaps tm better for comercial. only just.
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

John_Flynn

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 07:13:16 pm »
Have you had any experience of using a T/m sherlock??
I get better looking each day!!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 07:37:23 pm »
yes and it was horrific >:( lost loads of jobs could not get near to terraced houses,could not get near to high rise flats without getting clamped. maybe its the type of area you work in. open space is needed
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

John_Flynn

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 07:43:04 pm »
Nah Lad, ah wurk utp North wi got nor flats an lines upt here. Wot yer saying is tha had thi problems wi parking an sor on, not wi T/M.

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 07:43:33 pm »
What ???
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

John_Flynn

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 07:45:20 pm »
Wots up thi Holly carnt tha read Yorksha ??

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 07:46:54 pm »
do they have running water up north yet john?

John_Flynn

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 07:48:49 pm »
Coors wi av running warter it cums arta even.

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 08:16:55 pm »
Nick

Glad John’s picking on Sherlock and not me this time as my neighbour who comes from his neck of the woods and translates for me is in the States!

Sherlock

Have yet to lose work by having a TM may have walked away from a few the same applies to the porty! One should questions and my case interrogate customers about parking and then if impractical make a judgement decision   

Think Ian went a bit ott on hoses all setup/packing up when one and bit of my hoses would do!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 08:24:29 pm »
after deep thought over the last 60 seconds. i have come to the conclusion all truckmounts should be banned. ruining our ozone, contaminating thruogh extra use of petrol/diesel. ban the lot of them. 8)

John_Flynn

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 08:26:16 pm »
eyup Len as nubdi teld lad abaht not avin bends in oses so not to loys vacuum??

john rees

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 08:28:14 pm »
since I've been using tm's(about 3 years now) I have only used the portables once!I do quite a lot of work for letting agent's and using portables was a dead loss.....mainly due to getting to the job and finding out there were tokens needing to be fed into the electric meters before you could use the power, not too bad when it's a fiver but horror when it's about £100 and your told put it on the bill!and I really don't miss tripping the fuses either!the cleaning is much better,drier,quicker and much hotter when needed using the TM's. I bet most TM owners have portables in the garage that they use very very rarely? I wonder how many portable owners have a TM tucked away in the garage but would rather use the portable? ;D
                                 john
john

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2005, 08:36:21 pm »
i think its horses for courses John ::)
Surreys No1 Dart player

lee_gundry

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2005, 08:43:56 pm »
or truckmounts
" for a true deep clean"

Lee G
cumbria

Len Gribble

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 08:46:09 pm »
John F

You S.O.B you know you have me at a disadvantage my translator is out of the country! Picked up only on two Len and question marks what’s a vacuum?

John R

Just wait till you have to use their water supply and they’re on a meter!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 08:48:25 pm »
deep clean maybe? but true ??? your having a bubble mate ;)
(notice the wink before you reply)

Nick "The Hitman" Holman
Surreys No1 Dart player

john rees

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2005, 08:48:46 pm »
of course! like last friday I was working in the sticks, a nice big house and about 10 minutes before I got there the customer rang me to let me know that the power had gone off and thought she had better let me know because it could be off for hours as the power people couldn't find the fault?now if I had a portable I woudn't have been able to do it,  ;)
john

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2005, 08:54:44 pm »
Correct but thats got to be rare man, ive had two propertys in 14yrs with no power and only tripped the fuses once in 14years used a saftey breaker plug thingy after the first time ;)

Nick
Surreys No1 Dart player