M.Acorn

Re: One of those days !
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 04:20:16 pm »
Might get myself a couple of trestles (spelling ?) keep getting endless e mails from screwfix might have a look  ;D
Something like this  ;D plastic too so it wont rust

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/42093/Hand-Tools/Workbenches-Trestles/Sawhorse/Folding-Sawhorse-Junior-Twin-Pack
What goes around comes around

clinton

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 04:45:10 pm »
Mark

You can get the decorators tables for a few quid :)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 04:59:55 pm »
You obviously work in some big rooms to allow you to put a decorator's table up as well as your equipment.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 05:08:57 pm »
How much equipment do you have Doctor? Or do you just work in particularly small homes on Liliput Lane? ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 05:17:13 pm »
I'm old fashioned and kneel on the floor and clean the cushions on the base of the sofa, perhaps I need knee glides.

I once had a decorators table but it wobbled around too much for my liking so it got relegated to the garage.

I used to prop the 3 seater sofa up against one of the arm chairs and use the back of it as a table but customers don't like it.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 05:20:36 pm »
Roger

I dont use a table i use the same trusted method as shaun :)

Dont even need an overspray sheet ;)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:07 pm »
How much equipment do you have Doctor? Or do you just work in particularly small homes on Liliput Lane? ;D

Ho ho!

No I have my Ninja and hoses (hose bag). 2 blowers and therefore space to use them to dry the cushions (and not pointing at radiators) and obviously you need to place the dried cushions somewhere out of the way whilst working on the rest of the suite.

Shaun

Can't say I've ever had any complaints about my method. Any comments received have usually been admiring about coming up with a creative method of working.
Perhaps it's my good bed-side manner when treating the patient that does it. Or perhaps it's because my clients aren't so sophisticated this side of the Pennines. ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 05:57:40 pm »
Probably thinking I'm looking for coins to fall out of the bottom.

Shaun

Dave_Lee

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 06:45:59 pm »
I do them on the floor or I should say on my drip sheets. Youve got to use drip sheets it doesnt look professional if you dont. Mind you these heavy duty cotton sheets from various supplyers are so absorbant they are a waste of time. I got mine from a tarpaulin manufacturer, very heavy duty canvass. The more you wet them the tighter the weave becomes and you can literally pour water on them and nothing gets through. Ive used these for nearly 30 years and they last ages. Last one I got was approx 4 x 4mtr 6 years ago cost around £120 . I cut this in half to make two pieces and they are still going strong, I throw them over the top of the TM to dry which doesnt take long, also acts as a noise muffler.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

M.Acorn

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 06:56:56 pm »
I use large bath sheets,folded over and just have them under the area i am working.Have got through too many of the tarps from Prochem,end up using them to lay on when i am working on the car  :(

markpowell

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 08:24:52 pm »
I'm old fashioned and kneel on the floor and clean the cushions on the base of the sofa, perhaps I need knee glides.

I once had a decorators table but it wobbled around too much for my liking so it got relegated to the garage.

I used to prop the 3 seater sofa up against one of the arm chairs and use the back of it as a table but customers don't like it.

Shaun

Thats what i do, tip a chair on its front against the sofa and use the back of the chair. It was a tip i picked up by one of the trainers on a Prochem course years ago, never had any complaints ???
Mark

clinton

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 08:28:43 pm »
Wouldnt take tables in to peoples living room  ???

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 02:44:07 am »
I use something similar to this http://www.campers-universe.com/camping_picnic_tables/single-aluminium-folding-camping-picnic-tables.php works a treat and just the right size. Mine is a bit wider but you get the idea. I tend to do cushions first so they can be drying whilst I do the base units.

Simon

Ricky M

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 07:22:45 am »
On me Knees with knee pads on
my left knee is buggered
shrapnel from fighting the V.C  8)
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

clinton

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 08:25:54 am »
Mark

Think its friday the 13 tmor ;D

With your luck i would stay put ;D

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 08:54:04 am »
Mark

Think its friday the 13 tmor ;D

With your luck i would stay put ;D

;D ;D

clinton

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 02:30:17 pm »
 ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 03:34:28 pm »
Ha ha re above ! 13 is lucky for me though  ;D
Just managed to get out of my overdraft  ;D and then went back into it by ordering the new heat and run  :( £372 inc vat and del,i am a skinflint,and looked long and hard for a cheaper one ! a+m cleaning were the cheapest,so thanks Darren o.Fingers crossed it should be here tomorrow,got a pure white woolen lounge to clean ,in the arvo,and i know it`s going to be a pig !
As a couple of months ago i was using the dyson on it,and writing a text,left the dyson in one spot,when i moved i was left with a big black line ,where it had been,and this was in a corner where there is no traffic !

Joe H

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 04:03:07 pm »
Cancel it and wrap yourself in cotton wool and stay in. :D

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 04:11:43 pm »
 ;D