spencer davies

Re: porty cleaned carpet
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 12:14:40 pm »
Also I think the degree of agitation is so important, we used to use a SEBO duo on domestic jobs but realized that it was far to lightweight, using a good quality ms with proper agitation always returns a superb result. We use an Enviro dri and more recently have switched to the Prochem Procaps machine.

S

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 12:42:21 pm »
Spencer do you find the process now quicker?
Pre vac same in time, HWE possibly same in time but the procap machine means that you don't have to run infront spraying everything?

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 01:17:42 pm »
so does the procap prespray and agitate at the same time. don't suppose it pre vacs aswell, now theres a machine,
derek

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 03:07:41 pm »
Gary
Yes water was very hot, aggitated and left to dwell for about 10-15 mins.
I used to use multi pro, traffic lane and pre spray gold (still use gold on uph) and got really good results.
Then i was told about chemspec, tried them and i have to say that i feel as if im getting the best results i ever have.
I may haqve to go back to pro chem as i get my TM in 3 weeks and i dont know if chemspec form90/oneclean will handle the heat, i`ll have to get on to them.
Any thoughts?????
regards
Daryl

carpet_care

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 04:35:15 pm »
I use prochem powerburst with chemspec liquid high heat on just about every carpet job now and continually getting superb results.

The two work great together with the prowler ,the alkalinity of powerburst and then the acid side rinsing properties of high heat are working really well together.

Regards Andy Locke.

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 04:58:16 pm »
Thanks Andy
i`ll give it a go.
Do you use it on ALL carpets, wool and manmade?
Do you use a hyroforce?
Daryl

carpet_care

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 05:13:05 pm »
Yes I use it on just about all carpets dont believ all the woolsafe hype as long as you use arinse afterwards carpets will stand up too a fair bit of stick.

I dont use ahydraforce I use a 10 litre gloria stainless steelsprayer.

Regards Andy Locke.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 05:40:06 pm »
Liquid High heat can be used as an acid rinse.

Shaun

John Gregory

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 06:36:51 pm »
I use prochem powerburst with chemspec liquid high heat on just about every carpet job now and continually getting superb results.

The two work great together with the prowler ,the alkalinity of powerburst and then the acid side rinsing properties of high heat are working really well together.

Regards Andy Locke.

Sounds a good combination is there a supplier that sells both products. so I can give it a try      John

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 06:49:11 pm »
Yes, ACS in Poole, Dorset

Daryl

carpet_care

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 07:28:17 pm »
Also John Kelly at Restormate, John and his wife Lynn are two of the most helpful and likeable people you could wish to meet.

Regards Andy Locke.

spencer davies

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 07:30:37 pm »
Hello Shaun

Yes......quality agitation with pre spray, easy.

S

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 08:23:21 pm »
You need to get the carpet ph neutral after cleaning, clean it that way a few more times and you will get problems  :P

Oh how views change over a couple of months.
I've seen some well known names on here stating that there was no need to acid rinse a synthetic carpet because it is synthetic, but with wool it is a 100% neccessity.
Make up your minds.

Jim_77

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 12:10:46 am »
;D tides ebb and flow

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 06:12:26 pm »
I think im going to soak a piece of wool carpet in ph12 solution for a few months ,and monitor the effects.What do you recon.

Gerry Styles

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 06:20:01 pm »
WHY NOT TRY IT IN SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Premier Klean Limited

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 06:35:35 pm »
If you use Acid rinse to neutralise then you have the chance to apply protector and it bonding properly.

Shaun

Gerry Styles

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 06:38:46 pm »
Procap is an encapusalion product which is fine for a maintenance clean. For a salvage clean which I believe (looking at the photos above those carpets would need) I would after PH test use an alkalinine prespray such as Power Burst and then rinse extract with an acid neutralizer such as Fibre & Fabric Rinse. After all you customr would be a lot happier giving you a call after 12 months than 1 month. Leaving a carpet with a high PH will ensure rapiid resoiling and a unhappy customer. After all A happy custome is a loyal customer and will call you instead of your competition.>>??
Premier Klean Limited

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 06:47:25 pm »
Thanks Gerry.I think its about time I started neutralizing.It does seem the safest bet.Plus prochem fibre and fabric smells nice.