porty cleaned carpet
« on: August 22, 2008, 07:31:02 pm »
Cleaned this dirty carpet today with my steampro,power burst and double clean.Dont knock the porties power.

davep

Re: porty cleaned carpet
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:43:46 pm »
Not suprised it came up, Powerburst is ph 11 and double clean ph9.5

Not the safest of combinations  ;)

Good chance of being sticky and resoiling quickly  :o

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 07:58:15 pm »
It was a synthetic carpet,the same as my own lounge carpet .I use the same combination on that ,and havnt had any problems on that ,its still there mate.

davep

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 08:04:03 pm »
You need to get the carpet ph neutral after cleaning, clean it that way a few more times and you will get problems  :P

spencer davies

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 08:09:16 pm »
Quick fix cleaning, we used to clean carpets this way around ten years ago, results look good, but not for long.

S

derek west

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 08:17:10 pm »
not your night tonight stevie i'm with dave and spencer on this one, i could get a result with a mop and bucket with those chemicals.
derek

John Gregory

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 08:31:35 pm »
You need to get the carpet ph neutral after cleaning, clean it that way a few more times and you will get problems  :P

Sometimes you need to clean the carpet and get paid . did a full house today eot clean 100% wool berber , hammered  used blitz and formula 90 with a truckmount it still looked crap when I had finished but I got paid

John

mark shannon

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 08:39:13 pm »
Power Burst should do the job followed by acid rinse. Try HM CLEARWATER RINSE excellent economical acid rinse.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 09:01:58 pm »
Thanks  Mark I will try that.At the end of the day the carpet looked trashed,it came up 1000 %,I worked on it for a couple of hours and she didnt need to buy a new carpet, and she was very happy.All for 50 quid,and ready for her next dirty tenents

spencer davies

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 10:10:46 pm »
2 hrs work for £50  :o  I think she may have got a bargain !

No offence meant.

S

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 11:31:17 pm »
I bought some powerburst last week following everyone on here harping on about it, was i dissapointed. :( :(
I used it on a 80/20 twist, light beige and was very greasy covered in black sticky marks.(almost black top) Rinsed with fab & fibre. i had a very poor result.
So i empted tank, made up a solution of Oneclean rinsed with this, then mist over with fab & fibre, and this was great, a really good result.

Yesterday used it on student let carpets( you all know what these are like)
rinsed with very hot water and again poor result :(
made up a solution of form90 and once again really good results : ;D

Everone keeps banging on how good it is, but i seem to get better results from what iv been using before....Chemspec 321 and form90, chemspec oneclean traffic lane and oneclean powder.
It looks as if its the additive cleaning and not powerburst!!
I will keep on trying it but im not happy with it at the moment.

regards

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 11:36:06 pm »
Powerburst like most Prochem chems top notch IMO.

richie

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 11:39:49 pm »
Cleaningmaster,

I am amazed that you didnt get a result.  I have tried Powerburst on a range of carpets from £1.99sqm - £60sqm and NEVER had a poor result like you say you got unless the carpet had a variety of fruit juices, tea, coffee, curry on it.

Richie.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 11:54:05 pm »
As i said i was really dissapointed
i know that there hasnt been a bad word against it.THATS WHY I BOUGHT SOME.
I was using a hydroforse and brushed it well in i dont understand what im doing wrong ??? i dont think im doing anything wrong???
I feel as if i would have got the same result by just using form90!

Do you use an additive in the tank or just acid rinse?

Regards

Daryl

garyfindlay

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 12:49:38 am »
did you spray it hot, aggitate and let it dwell?

Timmy Boy

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 09:46:18 am »
I was cleaning a school over the past few days using powerburst and getting a reasonable result but I had a lot of blue tac to shift so I rung Prochem to see what I needed to shift it. They told me citrus gel and then pres spray with multipro. This suprised me but the chap said that powerburst is for food grease but multipro is better for foot traffic grease (he said one is for oily grease and the other for greasy soils - or something like that). I then extracted with fabric and fibre. Maybe trying this or trafficlean on your light carpets if you find powerburst is not up to scratch?
Regards
Tim

John Kelly

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 09:53:36 am »
Its funny that some people can swear by a product whereas others just can't seem to get away with it. Its always been like that and always will. If not, everyone would use the same product and I would have one shelf in my showroom.
Use what you're happy with.

markpowell

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 09:54:02 am »
Powerberst is great on greasy pub and restaurant carpets but if you have heavily soiled domestic carpets i would use trafficclean or pre-spray gold.
mark

derek west

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 10:43:31 am »
prespray gold is a milder form of multi pro, i use the pre spray gold on wool to be safe and multi pro on man made, a good thing about multi pro is you can dilute it 1 to 8 for standard soilage and 1 to 4 for heavy. good stuff but expensive,
derek

clinton

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 12:03:39 pm »
Am with you there john

Have used the same chemical company for nany years as i know its limits and results :)

spencer davies

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 12:14:40 pm »
Also I think the degree of agitation is so important, we used to use a SEBO duo on domestic jobs but realized that it was far to lightweight, using a good quality ms with proper agitation always returns a superb result. We use an Enviro dri and more recently have switched to the Prochem Procaps machine.

S

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 12:42:21 pm »
Spencer do you find the process now quicker?
Pre vac same in time, HWE possibly same in time but the procap machine means that you don't have to run infront spraying everything?

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 01:17:42 pm »
so does the procap prespray and agitate at the same time. don't suppose it pre vacs aswell, now theres a machine,
derek

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 03:07:41 pm »
Gary
Yes water was very hot, aggitated and left to dwell for about 10-15 mins.
I used to use multi pro, traffic lane and pre spray gold (still use gold on uph) and got really good results.
Then i was told about chemspec, tried them and i have to say that i feel as if im getting the best results i ever have.
I may haqve to go back to pro chem as i get my TM in 3 weeks and i dont know if chemspec form90/oneclean will handle the heat, i`ll have to get on to them.
Any thoughts?????
regards
Daryl

carpet_care

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 04:35:15 pm »
I use prochem powerburst with chemspec liquid high heat on just about every carpet job now and continually getting superb results.

The two work great together with the prowler ,the alkalinity of powerburst and then the acid side rinsing properties of high heat are working really well together.

Regards Andy Locke.

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 04:58:16 pm »
Thanks Andy
i`ll give it a go.
Do you use it on ALL carpets, wool and manmade?
Do you use a hyroforce?
Daryl

carpet_care

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 05:13:05 pm »
Yes I use it on just about all carpets dont believ all the woolsafe hype as long as you use arinse afterwards carpets will stand up too a fair bit of stick.

I dont use ahydraforce I use a 10 litre gloria stainless steelsprayer.

Regards Andy Locke.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 05:40:06 pm »
Liquid High heat can be used as an acid rinse.

Shaun

John Gregory

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 06:36:51 pm »
I use prochem powerburst with chemspec liquid high heat on just about every carpet job now and continually getting superb results.

The two work great together with the prowler ,the alkalinity of powerburst and then the acid side rinsing properties of high heat are working really well together.

Regards Andy Locke.

Sounds a good combination is there a supplier that sells both products. so I can give it a try      John

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 06:49:11 pm »
Yes, ACS in Poole, Dorset

Daryl

carpet_care

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 07:28:17 pm »
Also John Kelly at Restormate, John and his wife Lynn are two of the most helpful and likeable people you could wish to meet.

Regards Andy Locke.

spencer davies

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 07:30:37 pm »
Hello Shaun

Yes......quality agitation with pre spray, easy.

S

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 08:23:21 pm »

Oh how views change over a couple of months.
I've seen some well known names on here stating that there was no need to acid rinse a synthetic carpet because it is synthetic, but with wool it is a 100% neccessity.
Make up your minds.

Jim_77

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 12:10:46 am »
;D tides ebb and flow

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 06:12:26 pm »
I think im going to soak a piece of wool carpet in ph12 solution for a few months ,and monitor the effects.What do you recon.

Gerry Styles

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 06:20:01 pm »
WHY NOT TRY IT IN SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Premier Klean Limited

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 06:35:35 pm »
If you use Acid rinse to neutralise then you have the chance to apply protector and it bonding properly.

Shaun

Gerry Styles

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 06:38:46 pm »
Procap is an encapusalion product which is fine for a maintenance clean. For a salvage clean which I believe (looking at the photos above those carpets would need) I would after PH test use an alkalinine prespray such as Power Burst and then rinse extract with an acid neutralizer such as Fibre & Fabric Rinse. After all you customr would be a lot happier giving you a call after 12 months than 1 month. Leaving a carpet with a high PH will ensure rapiid resoiling and a unhappy customer. After all A happy custome is a loyal customer and will call you instead of your competition.>>??
Premier Klean Limited

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 06:47:25 pm »
Thanks Gerry.I think its about time I started neutralizing.It does seem the safest bet.Plus prochem fibre and fabric smells nice.

Gerry Styles

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »
Good stuff Stevie, hang up the Dark Glasses, Stetson & Spurs
Premier Klean Limited