Joe H

Re: writeing on vans
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 09:41:27 pm »
If anyone thinking of putting a photo on do make sure its taken at high megapixel.

This one was done at 5 megapixel (stupid me-my camera goes up to 8 mp).

Its Ok at a distance as in walking by or following in a car etc, but close up it pixelates a bit.

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 01:22:09 am »
Nice van Joe.

There are a couple of Indian guy's in my area who are carpet cleaners, On there van they have.
You have tried the cowboy's now try the Indians.
also on a little sticker on the back bumper they have, Indian driver smoke signals only  ;D

It always makes me smile when I see it.

francis

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 01:58:37 am »
OK, Nice van Joe but I will criticise the 7 bullet point small print.
Who will get to read this unless you are parked somewhere & a pedestrian stops to read the whole signage in full (highly unlikely)
Although we all like to travel in a nice sign written van, ask yourself how much business it brings in.
Sure, you pull up to a new client for a job, it is reassuring for them to see your business name displayed on the truck. But that's it.
I always ask my new customers where they have got my name from.  In all the years that I have been in the business, only once have I come across someone who mentioned my van signage.
Get lots of people accosting me because they are deafened by the noise of the machine or tripping over my hoses. This brings a good deal of business, but van signage - no.
But then I ask myself how many times have I phoned a tradesman because I saw his number on the side of a van - Never

Joe H

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 09:26:59 am »
So do you in person Joe    :P
Thanks for the reminder Dave, love you too  :D

Francis - you say who will read the small print bullet points? Yes those who WALK past, the larger print NAME OF BUSINESS and TEL NUMBERS are for those who see it driving past - bigger letters so they can take note.

When I got van off Steve Gunn it was still fuly lettered in his livery. I would drive along a busy shopping street Ifo example) and using my driving mirrors I could see peoples heads tuning and I was thinking Shucks! not even my number on this. So it was catching attention.

Its a mobile and stationary advert. Even when I go to a large shopping carpark I will be trying to park in as much a prominent position as I can - put it on show. Would cost thousands to get a billboard advert in a prominent place.

How much to advertise on the back of a bus? I dont know but I reckon its lots more the the cost of whats on the back of my vehicle and I can drive on the same roads as a bus at the same peak times.

As for parking outside clients homes. Whilst its not been signed I just wonder if any one twitched the curtains to see what the noise was (I do have a TM now). What do they see - a plain white van. What they doing? I could be doing a few things - cavity insulation spings to mind. Point is - they cant see I am a carpet cleaner, and mst people are likely to want a carpet cleanerthen a cavity wall insulator.

Costs more then the £300 I paid to advertise in YP or the likes, and they are annual things. The van can be 4,5 years or more.

and when I ask customers where they get my name/number from, a good majority cant remember anyway.

and YES I have phoned a tradesman because I saw the number on the side of his van. Just shows how different we all are.

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 09:34:28 am »
Joe, Van looks great ..... you have stopped just short of TOO much information to be read while moving. Details needed for customers (Name & Number) easily visible .......... additional info to hand if time to absorb!!
Some vans i have seen, are very nicely done but you would only be able to read it all if it broke down!!
Name/number/website on sides of mine now ........along with picture which is about to be a wrap of rear section (below) .......... courtesy of Spencer  ;)
Most added info is on rear of van ........ where it can be read in traffic!!

Joe H

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2008, 09:39:20 am »
I am pretty sure that will look good Chris.

Post it on here, please, when you have done.

spencer davies

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2008, 10:33:29 am »
My 13 year old son created that !    ;)

Regards

S

stevegunn

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2008, 10:52:31 am »
It's all about getting noticed the amount of calls I received because they saw the van was unbelievable.You need to stand out from the one who turns up in his estate car or a banger of a van.

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2008, 11:29:15 am »
I saw cracker of a van recently ............. plumber with cartoon picture of body sat on loo with trousers round ankles ....... positioned on driver & passenger doors ......... obviously the picture was complete if someone sat in van  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2008, 11:49:19 am »
I've seen 1 of those in my neck of the woods, I wonder if it's a national company or a franchise?

Shaun

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2008, 12:28:50 pm »
Long drive for blocked loo  :o

spencer davies

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2008, 05:38:51 pm »
I reckon some shots of the girl getting out of the pool would generate some interest, maybe on the back doors.  :D

S

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 07:55:42 am »
Joe

Very nice  Man obviously inspired by Mr Haliday  But it does work.  Makes  a  change from the prochem twins everyone had a few  years back.

How much did it cost

Mr Dvae

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 12:55:37 pm »
look great joe

regards

Dave :D

Joe H

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 04:25:07 pm »
Dave - Thanks

Ian - hope it works for me as well as it does for Mike H, but there again Mike does a lot more to get his success.

Cost was £300 which I think is a steal, and that is supplied and fitted.

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 08:43:17 pm »
Why point out that Julian has made a couple of minor spelling mistakes and insinuate that he must be dyslexic?
That would make most of us here dyslexic if we make any sort of spelling error.
For the record your spell checker is also dyslexic,13 times and still 5 errors? :)
John

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 08:45:14 pm »
Like it Joe, well done.

Often vans are noticed more by existing clients. Once they've experienced your services the van seems to register in their conscious.

Many is the time I have had customers say to me "Oh, we see your vans all over the place".

I have thought about putting a number "5" on one door and "7" on the other then I could ask the customers which one of my (at least 7 vehicles) they had seen ;D
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Joe H

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 08:50:14 pm »
Hows it go Roger?
Progressing ok hopefully?
You back into work yet?