carpetworx

PROWLER NOT GOOD!
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:33:10 am »
Flew over to Melbourne, to check one out,and to be honest,i would'nt even rate it.
The heat was good,but the suction was poor,and then,when i used it with a tile spinner,the water flow just stopped,and would'nt work again,and the noise, well.
the sales guy did'nt know what to say or do,so i took it as an omen,and moved on,have now narrowed it down to a 318 or a spitfire.
Was disapointed tho as i've heard so many good things on here about it :o

magic_carpet

Re: PROWLER NOT GOOD!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 09:44:49 am »
the 318 has replaced the spitefire 3.2....over here anyway
and it,s a great looking and performing piece of kit.

carpetworx

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:24:42 am »
He had 3 there, all did the same.
magic,have you got a 318?

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 11:01:34 am »
Problem sounds like the sales person, not the machines  :o

Seen the 13hp and the new 15hp Prowlers demonstrated to full and impressive effect. Any questions were answered concisely and without head scratching or ums & arrs  ::)

John Kelly knows the machine 'intimately' (no legal ramifications please !!) .......... only buy a product from someone familiar with all it can and cannot do  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 12:21:20 pm »
 I wouldn't buy any machine were I had to fly to the supplier! but  I suppose the UK is a little bit smaller than Australia.

when you say the suction  was poor, what are you comparing it to? and the water flow stopping sound like a technical hitch that could be rectified

don't bite your nose off to spite your face, I'd give it another chance :)

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 12:24:49 pm »
Strange.

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 12:27:57 pm »
Hi John
I thought youd be out fishing today for clabydoos? Upon saying that I was wondering how long it would be before you commented on this post!!
John

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 01:12:41 pm »
I think its good, getting used to it and how to use it will take a little time.

It is loud in my opinion but I dont know how loud other truckmounts are to compare the volume to?

John

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 01:56:06 pm »
Im finding the hose management a little tricky because of the difference in size from porty to t/m. They are tangling quite a bit but thats something I can work at and get used to.

But its the noise really that makes me sweat! Has anyone had any trouble from neighbors etc...complaining about the noise?

John

john rees

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 02:39:11 pm »
Hi John,
           In  the 8 years I've used T/M I've had one miserable git complain! when you see a neighbour marching over to you from the other side of the road don't panic...............It's probably to ask "do you have a card?" or "will you come and give me a price on cleaning my lounge". ;D

All the best
                                                  John
john

John Gregory

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 03:03:14 pm »
I agree   with  John  a truckmount is the best bit of marketing I have ever done , took a phone call this morning the customer asked was I the bloke with the big hose ,

John

*paul_moss

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 03:19:02 pm »
No John thats not you  ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

spencer davies

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 03:45:18 pm »
I was working in Hove on Friday using our Hydramaster, I was approached by six people for cards, Saturday afternoon three calls and three jobs booked in, enough said  :)

S

John Gregory

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 04:38:17 pm »
Paul    .     ask your Missie's

John

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 04:39:25 pm »
I know this sounds negative, but I would probably get six people coming over to tell me to turn it off. ::)

spencer davies

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 05:01:39 pm »
Miserable people  :-\

S

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 05:11:38 pm »
Spencer do you quote over the phone?

Shaun

Ian Rochester

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 05:12:35 pm »
Never had any complaints about the noise from the Prowler, if anything it attracts people to have a look, most have never seen a TM machine before, we get quite a few requests for cards and I have often done work which came from people seeing us at work.

I think the original line saying PROWLER NOT GOOD is a bit misleading considering he only saw it in action for a short while, PROWLER SALESMAN NOT GOOD may have been a better lead to a thread.

I'm more than happy with mine and anyone is welcome to come and see it/me or any of my staff at work with it anytime.

I'm taking it out of the van tomorrow morning (2 minute job) so that I can get 11 bikes across to Keswick for a week long bike hire.  How many other TM users have that versatility with their vehicle?