simondavis

Has anyon used this Cleaner
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:09:45 am »

Doug Holloway

Re: Has anyon used this Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 09:36:04 am »
Hi Simon

I have no personal experience but Semca is a recognised brand and about right for the money.

Also in this price range is the Rhino, various suppliers.

Obviously if you had more money better machines are available but we all have to start somewhere.

Cheers

Doug

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 09:46:45 am »
Likewise I havent used this CC but If I only had around a grand to spend I think the rhino looks the best deal.Its got the stair climbing wheels on it as well which can make life easier.Looks smarter as well!
klinger of spa clean.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:48:50 am »
Personally I'd save some more money.

But if you really must, I'd go for something a little but more mainstream. When you buy 2nd hand you don't know quite what you are getting and you will get more help on here with something more well known.

For instance. There is a Ninja for sale in the buy and sell section for a £1000ono. It's a similar spec I suspect and has a heater.

I started off with a machine like that and it will make you money in a reasonable time, then you can graduate to something a bit more powerful.

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:56:30 am »
Simon I agree with Mike, try and save a bit more as you will find after 6 months you will want to upgrade if you buy that machine.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

lands

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:00:16 am »
Simon. Is the £1000 you have to cover all the kit you need? If so I would save a bit more or buy the 2nd hand ninja as it comes with (pretty much) everything you need to get started. If you buy a new machine it won't include sprayers, hand tools, brushes, agitation tools, buckets, a vacumm cleaner and so on.

Pete

simondavis

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:18:10 am »
Anyone have the link to the Rhino or Ninja?

I could probably find £1500 at a push, just wondered if I would get a pro machine like you peeps use for that ammount, or am I dreaming.

I do appreciate all the help, THANKS

Simon

lands

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 10:19:49 am »
The Ninja is for sale on the buy and sell section on here and Restormate.co.uk (amongst others) sell the Rhino

Pete

*paul_moss

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 10:21:09 am »
I believe John Kelly at Restormate can accomadate that price 01670 590099
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 10:35:19 am »
Simon

What do you do at the moment? A bit of background may help us advise better.

I know when I sarted I thought it was just about getting a van and a machine. In fact I wanted to use my mondeo and save on a van. ::)

Your machine is a key part of your set up but just one cost. You have will spend about the same again on incidentals and marketing, chems, insurances etc.

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 11:01:09 am »
The sponsors of this site sell Prochem machines starting at your budget - may be worth having a look at the specifications.

Also Matt at Cleansmart in Nottingham www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk has a couple of machines at that price too.

Dont forget spend £1000 at a dealer and thats £1175 after VAT !

The price of the new Semca on Ebay includes VAT buy the look of it.

Take a close look at all the specifications and come back woth more questions if you need to.

terryyy100

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 11:31:15 am »

terryyy100

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 11:36:35 am »
this is the link   but this has no heater
http://www.prochem.co.uk/galaxy.htm

simondavis

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 12:50:07 pm »
Well I am just doing it for family at the mo. What I mean is  I enjoy cleaning, have a large extended family and do theirs with my Vax (dont laugh). I wanted to buy a pro machine to do their carpets better. I am currently not able to work and am on long term sick but need something to get me out of the house. I really enjoy carpet cleaning and a family member said they would buy me a machine up to £1k and if I wanted any more I could put to it, so its kind of like a present. Its simply for family friends etc. BUT I dont want a domestic unit, a professional one only.
I have autism to be honest and cannot be signed on as I have more bad days than good. MY GP and consultant will not let me work but if I can get a good machine I can do it more often,m thus getting me out of the house, then I can prove to people I can work etc. You see what I am getting at here. I am trying to prove myself I guess.

I dont understand about heaters etc so I will need to learn about them.

Sorry for the long post

lands

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 12:57:41 pm »
Simon

For this purpose the Rhino would be more than enough (as would the semca).

Don't spend more than the £1k, you really don't need to. Buy the Semca and get the supplier to show you how to use it and get all further techy advice from here. Ideally a training course should be the direction but if thats not possible then ring someone who's details are on their profile and they will help you. I'm happy for you to call me.

Pete

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 01:13:04 pm »
Simon,the Semca would come under the entry level machines and would have probably a 60 psi pump,maybe even less,this is barely sufficient to clean carpets on a regular basis and more suited to small areas and spotting,a machine with 100 + psi will do a much better job and you will find the work much easier.
The Prochem Galaxy or something similar as suggested would be a much better choice.
For  £1000 plus the Semca is not the best choice of machine and would give similar results to a Rug Doctor from your local Sainsburys.
If you are on a tight budget,The Galaxy is available from olympic Cleaning together with hand tools at £877-79 + vat which keeps you within your 1 grand budget.-John

lands

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 01:50:20 pm »
I thought the Semca was 100psi. If it is only 60 then John is right Simon it would not suffice.

Pete

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 04:35:59 pm »
Not been able to check what the psi is on the Semca but it has 2 - 3 stage motors

Prochem Galaxy only 1 - 3 stage vac motor and 70psi according to the sites i visited.

Need to check specs carefully

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 07:54:35 pm »
Well spotted Joe,
very confusing as Prochem themselves list it as 120 psi,our sponsors also list it as 120 psi,yet looking around the web others list it as 70 psi,so someone has their sums wrong.
I still believe even if it was 70psi and with a quality single jet wand it would out perform the Semca,but 70psi is really the bottom end of the market.-John

sherco

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 08:01:32 pm »
I bought a new prochem powermax from olympiccleaning for £1500 inc vat, i would save up and buy one of these.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk