richie

Re: inline heaters
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 10:27:31 am »
Hi all,

A friend of mine has a Eclipse 500psi.  When he bought it he also had the inline heater.  To be honest it is poope.  It does not heat the water to anywhere near what you need.  Cold water cleaning is not effective no matter what chemicals you use.  We also tried MPower with cold water and the results where not anywhere near the standard of what the customers want, even when using with HOT water the MPower did not perform aswell as Prochems Pure Clean.  All i can say  & think is that people that are cleaning with MPower with cold water must give sub standard results to their customers because we have tried & tried again but cannot get the results.

Richie.

AJB

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 05:03:58 pm »
Jason the only high pressure hoses i have are Hide a Hose.
Unfortunately had a very expensive year last year, suing a
Garage over gearbox that dropped out after replacing engine,
suing bank over a complete **** up.
So the plan to replace the other 60 ft of hose has had to wait.

On the Powrflite when you regulate the pressure, you are effectively
reducing the flow to the outlet, the excess flow is pumped back into the
tank, supposedly to mix chemicals properly, but it does a very good job
of increasing the temp.
As it is a 1000 psi pump regulated to 500 psi max, you get quite a good
tank heating rate, even at 400 psi +, whilst still having ample heat at
the wand.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Jason Hedges

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 11:50:17 pm »
Hi ajb,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, similar here with van, nothing but expense!

As you say the expense of upgrading hoses takes a back seat, I can see the advantage with hide a hoses but also equal disadvantages. As long as they work keep using ;).

Understand what you're saying about reducing pressure, it will definately help with heat as less flow.

AJB

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 12:07:37 am »
Hide a Hoses are handy in that you only have 1 hose trailing across
the room, but they are heavy, also when coiling them up they can
be a right ba**ard.  Each hose has a different natural radius, so the vac hose
will coil up tighter than the solution hose. This causes it to spring outwards.

Thanks to the vehicle problems ended up hiring vehicles for 10 weeks, on top
of the expense of replacing engine, replacing gearbox as when dropped, it was knackered.
It would have been cheaper if it had dropped right out, and written vehicle off.
Ended up buying a low mileage Citroen Synergie as cheaper than hiring!
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Jason Hedges

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 12:24:00 am »
Hopefully your new van will bring you better luck ;)

Big ends went on my van week before xmas, ended up selling it cheap and had to buy another just to keep working.

Agree, nothing worse than having to hire stuff!! All money wasted.

Keep up the good work, it'll work out in the end :)

Take care,
Jas.

Joe H

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 08:55:43 am »
We also tried MPower with cold water and the results where not anywhere near the standard of what the customers want, even when using with HOT water the MPower did not perform aswell as Prochems Pure Clean.  All i can say  & think is that people that are cleaning with MPower with cold water must give sub standard results to their customers because we have tried & tried again but cannot get the results.
Richie.
Below is a very recent quote from John Bolton - highly prolific on Clean Talk forum.

"There is no product available that everyone will love. We all work in different ways and some have the knack of getting the best out of whatever chemical or equipment and others do not."

I was trying to think up the words for a reply when JB's satement popped up.
I am OK working with M-Power and Nemesis Super, but with Pure Clean I am not too sure - perhaps I have the knack with the former two but not yet with Pure Clean.
I dont think its fair or correct to say just because "you" (an individual or group) dont get the best out of a product means everyone who does use it is giving a sub standard clean. "You" have seen your results and not been too pleased but "you" havnt seen their results.

*paul_moss

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 02:34:41 pm »
I remember buying number 2 from Solution uk about 4 years ago because every body was raving about M/S, I could not get it to perform at all at first,then after finding out that the concentration I was using was too high and not giving it enough aggitation,there fore I was not getting the desired result.
Once I changed the way I used the micro splitters I found I was getting good results and it was that that moved me more into aggitation with all cleaning types but in different ways  ;).

Like every thing else it is each to their own.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

AJB

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 04:08:28 pm »
When my machine arrived, it had a sample of one step with it,
the first time i used it was on a suite. Amazing result, thought thats it,
this is all i'll use from now on, it was that surprising a result.
 The next time i wondered if it had done anything at all.
Had similar results with Mpower, Nemesis, Nemesis super and Mpower
super concentrate. They all work well in certain circumstances, the trick is to
perservere, and assertain which chem for which circumstance.
I just wish you could buy them all in smaller amounts, i don't use them alot
so don't wish to buy 10 litres.

Joe H

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 04:24:13 pm »
You can but 5 litres of M-Power
and Restormate advertises 1litre as well as 5litre of Nemesis Super

John Kelly

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 04:32:17 pm »
Re Inline Heaters. Unless you are willing to pay major money non of the inline heaters will give you red hot water from a cold tank. Its common sense that water in contact with a heating element for a couple of seconds at most is not going to get very hot. What you have to do if there is only cold water available is re-circulate through the inline heater back to your clean tank. Once this has warmed sufficiently you can then expect a decent temperature at the wand.

Ian_Miller

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 02:27:47 pm »
The Powr Flite perfect heat system is very clever but having a heater in the tank helps to stir/mix up the powder otherwise it won't dissolve completely. Re-circ with your inline helps whilst you prep the job but when there's 2 of you and you want to get going using 2 inline heaters until your tank gets hot is probably the only way. Use sockets on different floors and also the kitchen to avoid tripping the power.

mark shannon

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 06:58:18 pm »
John i bought a decent heat exchanger last year from Vernon the chap who makes the Rhino do you stock them?

carpet magic

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 09:31:47 pm »
Hi Jef, I bought an inline heater last week. I filled the tank with cold water and the heater didn't really work,  in fact it was usless. I have since used it with warm water and it works okay. Bit of a waste of money

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 11:49:39 pm »
So is it practical to use a self contained fuel burner? I read a few post mensioning them in passing but no details.

spindle

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 12:18:42 am »
got 400psi ninja....seperate vac/solution hose..........

use hot water from custy(if any).... by the time i have finished setting up/preparing...the water is normally hot enough...if not ..fAg break :o

although my thermostat now only goes to 50'c.......ashbys told me that to protect the pump the temp needs to be lower?   
had the 135 version and thermostat went to 65/70'c? and changed pump once in 2 years :o :o

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

M.Acorn

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 01:06:46 pm »
Got the Prochem inline heater on my steempro powermax,if i don`t use hot water in the tank i does not heat it up very much when using the wand,but heats it fine when using hand tool 1/2 the amount of fluid going through.
Would not clean with cold water can`t see how it would do as good a job ,you use hot water to clean dishes etc.I market my services as steam cleaning and a lot of my custys want steam to kill off any nastys in their carpets ,which i can`t see cold water doing  :)
What goes around comes around

Joe H

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 06:02:57 pm »
By the time the water hits the carpet I dont think it is going to be hot enough to kill most nasties in the carpet - not with a portable anyway.

*paul_moss

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 06:39:23 pm »
Hot water from any tuck or portable with clean well enough as long as it is hot, above 50 degrees I would say is hot enough to clean and should remove grease, if the carpets are really bad then the hotter the water the easier it will be. As for removing nasties, lets not forget we are cleaning carpets ie removing the muck, we are not sanitising them and we will never be able to ge rid of all the bacteria. Most pathergens will only start to die off as temperatures go above 80 degrees and that temp must be constant for a period of time in order to kill them off.
As long as you can get moderatley hot water out of your inline then it should clean fine.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

sherco

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 07:31:54 pm »
If we need hot water, why didnt my brand new prochem powermax have a heater? or is it another way of getting more money out of use...
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 10:24:41 pm »
Did a pub carpet last MOnday - do it every 6 months.
This time no hot water in their taps.
Was I bothered?
No
Why?
Because I have cleaned carpts before using M-Power / Nemesis Super with just cold water and got good results.
and this time was no different.
Goes against the general grain of things but can only state what has been achieved.