Joe H

Re: CFR Handtool
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 08:45:35 pm »
Paul - you say
"There is no way that you can fully clean that amount of carpets and leave then dry/hand dry fact. Unless you have low moisture cleaned them and used turbos and they are synthtic."

I had already said
"I don't tell lies, and I have nothing to gain personally by misleading people.
I was there, you were not.
I worked the machine and tools, you did'nt."

THOSE ARE THE FACTS

*paul_moss

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 08:55:03 pm »
Joe no skin off my fore  :D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 11:06:09 am »
how long is the O ring lasting on your triggers? mine goes every 6 weeks :-\ :-\ and now Amtech say they don't sell the repair kit you have to buy the full valve assembly.

it went again on Friday ( it sprays even when I don't pull the trigger) this is after fitting a new valve 6 weeks ago , I'm ringing them on Monday. so I'll be using my other collection of hand-tools next week.

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 11:43:36 am »
John Im just trying to let Joe know that  the road  he is taking is not what is seems, as I took it a couple of years back.
Joe will know what i mean, if not today, then a year or 2 from now he will  ;)

The "road" Paul is referring to here is the Solutions UK road - although he wont admit it outright.
We will see what the next couple of years brings, that inevitable.
but I found out a lot earlier what sort of person you are when you make statements (that imply people are not telling the truth) when you cant back your words up.

I respect you superior knowledge of carpet cleaning but it ends there.

tony harrison

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 01:37:12 pm »
Hi,

Sorry Joe & Paul that my topic has caused a little friction it was not ment to.

Getting back to the cfr hand tool, a little concerned about what Mike has said about the " O " rings but I am sure if its only "O" rings that go, then they could be sourced locally.

I was about to order hand tool but have noticed that there are lots of companies selling them, which one gives the best deal.

Regards Tony

*paul_moss

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 03:20:01 pm »
Tony only had to change mine once in 2 years. Mike may just a slightly bent pin  :o and thats why his wears more,I had this problem once on a wand,I kept going through loads of O rings,the  metal pin that it goes around was worn and slightly out of line which was wearing it down faster, once changed it was fine.

Joe lets just keep to the facts.Its about drying times and nothing else ::) You must have too much time on your hands.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

carpet guy

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 06:10:25 pm »
We have a typical situation here where someone has posted in all sincerity a report on a recent job where he achieved a "touch dry" result in 90 minutes, which is perfectly reasonable to anyone who has used a CFR machine, or any other machine with reasonable vacuum power.

I achieved this 10 years ago, with a single vac machine, which was used after applying the original One Step product and aggitating well, with a Klanz prior to clear water rinse ( warm )

Similar results were achieved on upholstery.

At that time, I took  longer to clean carpets and suites, but the results and the retained clients plus refferals from them over the years suggest I was doing a good job and comments from many, many clients about the better results I achieved than other cleaners ( which included a lot of well known franchisees ) so I'm not just giving my opinion.

No matter what power is available, or lack of power, for that matter, it's the person at the end of the tool that counts and his ability to make best use of both chemicals and tools.

Reminds me of a famous golfer who completed a round of golf using a putter only and won the game.

Joe H

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 06:56:37 pm »
So how are you with that Paul?

10 years ago eh! and with a single vac too!

Is that 2 of us telling porkies?

Of course your apology would be accepted if offered.

*paul_moss

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 08:16:16 pm »
As I stated earlier cant be done with standard cleaning. I read all this rubbish years ago on the forums with some guys saying they had great wand technique and carpets were dry in an hour.
I would agree in the middle of sumer with plenty of air vent and a couple of blowers down then you may have had a chance, but not this time of year with low humidity.
I tried it for months even to the extent of using a hand tools on a carpet to speed its drying up, result the carpets still took 4 to 8 hours to dry and that is with using moisture meters to get a correct result, not a hand dry guess.
Go and wash a normal cotton shirt in a washing machine and then spin it . Place it on the floor I guarantee it wont be dry in 90 mins, nor it 3 hours.

I
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 09:13:06 pm »
but what is dry?

Dry to touch or dry by moisture meter?

I've spoken to many a cleaner and their version of dry is definatley not mine, also how clean is it? I have a cleaner near me that leaves carpet dry but uses a Puzzi he quickly HWE areas just to brak up soils although does retrieve some soils and then buffs the carpet dry using the bonnets to mop up dirt, the carpets look fine not brilliant but passable and all he uses in a gallon of water for a 2 carpets ( he does 2 carpets for £49.00)

So it's true you can get carpets dry in 90 minutes but it depends on how much water you put down in the firt place.

Shaun

Damian

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 09:20:55 pm »
Shaun, is this cleaner you speak of, called John?

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

Joe H

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 10:08:29 pm »
Well perhaps Paul your technique need some improving - I thought you were better then that!  and you use a truck mount too.
Obviously not humble enough to apologise.  More then one problem eh! Tough life.

Shaun, obviously you not read the 2 independant posts proper.
Certainly my clean was not with a puzzi.

"Touch dry" after just over 90 minutes - customer asked how wet is the carpet - I said feel it - she said its dry! - I said "no", it feels dry but will take more time to be fully dry.
And by the way she was very pleased with how clean it was too, been  no comeback over the weekend, but I will be making a courtesy call tomorrow as a matter of course.

I have had a couple of private emails and a telphone call over this and its been said they dont post much on Clean It Up because of the of stupid things that go on at times. Thats a sad relection on the whole site, and it should'nt and need not be.

Chris R

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 10:15:10 pm »
how long is the O ring lasting on your triggers? mine goes every 6 weeks :-\ :-\ and now Amtech say they don't sell the repair kit you have to buy the full valve assembly.

it went again on Friday ( it sprays even when I don't pull the trigger) this is after fitting a new valve 6 weeks ago , I'm ringing them on Monday. so I'll be using my other collection of hand-tools next week.

Mike

Something is wrong somewhere mike.

My CFR upholstery tool is used A LOT and i have not had any problems in the last yr.

I also use it for stairs with the big head on  :o

sell it on ebay and buy another one  ;)

Chris
Staffordshire

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 10:15:43 pm »
A scorpion uses a 2 gallon a minute pump about half the volume of a TM water pump so the TM will flush more water through the carpet therefore wetting it more, so a smaller machine may get it drier quicker.

Joe don't ask for apologies for a conflict of opinion it's like asking your lass to admit she doesn't spend your money so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 10:18:28 pm »
Perhaps you are using it with super high steam ;D

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 10:24:55 pm »
Shaun - I got to the point where Paul was obviously not going to offer an apology, so may as well ask for one.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 10:57:32 pm »
Hi Guys

It would be better if we stuck to the more technical aspects rather than some of the bitching which has been going on recently.

One of the biggest problems in CC is that there is no independant research, so a lot of things are down to opinion.

If you don't agree then sometimes you just have to accept there are alternative viewpoints.

Cheers

Doug

AJB

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 12:00:05 am »
http://www.wcsuk.com/acatalog/Valves___Repair_Kits.html

HIDE-A-HOSE VALVE REPAIR KIT
Ref: WH1009

Price: £5.41 (Excluding VAT at 17.5%)

My CFR tool developed a leak after 6 months.
I demonstrate the effectivness of my Wonderwand/Powrflite 1350 combination
by kneeling on the carpet, seconds after blasting it in front of the customer, virtually no moisture on trousers, this impresses the hell out of them. and most shorter pile carpets are touch dry within 90 mins, even at this time of year.
The wonderwand does not put masses of water down, but a fine droplet spray that is more easily recovered.
My Ninja drys carpets even better with the Wonderwand.
 Most would describe me as Splash and Dash, i don't hang around. I do a thorough job though, my customers are happy,
they keep coming back, as do family and friends.
The most often quoted line is "thats far drier than the last cleaner left it" and i don't mess about with drying passes.
I don't make any wild claims about being the best, or better than anyone else, but i must be doing something right.

www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 06:42:33 am »
im finding when a use my h.dry hand tool on real bad suites it just doesnt cut it like the prochem one  :-[ how ever it does leave them alot dryer , is the cfr tool better for doing dralon suites thats been in the wars ??

*paul_moss

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 07:52:58 am »
My point on this whole point was that there is no way a carpet of the volume Joe did would be dry in 90 mins in the current climate. That is my view from experience, if some one wants to come and show me how it can be done then I will change my view.
Joe has made it personnal not me, he wont let it go, he sounds more like one of the people that come round to your door preaching of god and you cant get rid of them  :D. I can believe you have had lots of calls and emails about this Joe and I probably would be able to guess who every one of them was ( I know how the dark side works).
Anyway Doug has made a good point and it has gone off track so I will say no more on it  :-X
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk