gwrightson

Re: Bad day yesterday
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 07:10:30 pm »
melonie.

you clearly have a problem.

How can you possibly call a fellow c/c a cowboy when you dont even know him, well not that i am aware :-\   ,as for saying " now all his mates have arrived"   , again
a riduculous statment.

I certainly dont know him personaly, but  i certainly wouldnt label him with any tag, he was simply letting us know of what had gone wrong that day, and by doing so has learnt from it and possibly prevented somebody else making a similar mistake.

I just hope that nothing goes wrong for you in the future, but it wont will it?
Well it may well do, but you just wouldnt admit it.

Geoff

ps.Why not just hold your hands up and appologise for been so arrogant and self centered, then we can all get back to normal ;)
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 07:14:00 pm »
Have you got a stutter Geoff - same post within a couple of minutes.

gwrightson

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 07:32:36 pm »
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

sorry, didnt realise ???

my connection was cut, didnt think was sent ;D

or maybe just wanted Mel to see my thoughts

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 10:24:04 pm »
I keep having problems at certain times of the day - wont load this site or cleantalk but does my othr favourite - ebay.
Just done a long post then it would'nt go thro so I had to copy it to word and save it just incase it all went haywire.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 10:26:44 pm »
Just read this and have to agree, Melanie if this is the type of outburst you can come out with to someone who you have never met, and someone who has been frank enough to warn others of the dangers of dye transfer, then, to be honest, I think it is YOU who is unprofessional.

I haven't a clue who you are or what your business credentials are, but I am not impressed with your turn of phrase.

The same has happened to me, not with jeans but with dye transfer off a pair of slip on shoes, lukily I managed to get the colour out using a solvent cleaner.   Does that make me unprofessional?  I don't think so, we all make mistakes, even women make mistakes, it's how we deal with those mistakes which dictates whether or not you are a professional business with a reputation to uphold or a cowboy looking for the next steer to round up!

I notice you keep you details private, something to hide, or merely a nobody?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 10:48:07 pm »
Melanie's got sharp wit and a sharp tongue but it shocked you into action I bet and you'll not do it again!

Perhaps a little decorum would suffice.

Shaun

lands

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 11:13:39 pm »
Such naiveity shows a total lack of respect, i hope you don't refer to yourself as a professional cleaner, you have a responsibility to show due care and attention toward your customer, you should be ashamed of yourself, on both counts, why on earth trust staff to use a window cleaner with a green dye in it, you are just asking for trouble, and as for the jeans.....well! You have nobody to blame but yourself, i have no sympathy for you at all. Sheer supidity.

Melanie

Have you heard of Derek Bolton, John Bolton, Ken Wainright or even Paul Pearce? I have met all of them and have had both the Bolton's and the legend that is Paul Pearce tell me how they made fundamental mistakes that only experience have allowed them to learn from.

I am no CC god but I work hard and try to do the best by my custy and don't take risks but I have made mistakes (we aronly human, are you?. I feel your comments are very harsh against someone who is big enough to come on here and tell all of their peers they made a slight judgement in error. As was previously mentioned, they are the true professional because they are willing to share the experience, learn from it and help others to do the same.

I hate reading comments like yours on here and whilst I am a very mild tempered person I think you should take a step back and think about what you have written and apologise. If you are not the sort of person who can manage this then I suggest you go away.

Pete

elliott cleaning

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 11:14:21 pm »
Shaun
Couldn't agree with you more.   If it hadn't have been for Melonie, this thread would have lasted a couple of posts with: "There, there, we all make mistakes".
At least now Absolute cleaning will remember his blunder & not appear at his customers in jeans & not using drop sheets. Both very unprofessional (which I believe the industry refers to as 'cowboys') - so the girl ain't that wrong in her comments & done Absolute a great favour

lands

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 11:15:05 pm »
I stand by what i say, if you don't like it, tough! but the word cowboy cleaner springs to mind, and now his mates have arrived, alert the poor unsuspecting public.
 ;D :D

Are you from Surrey Melanie?

carpet guy

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 11:18:44 pm »
Ain't what you say.............it's the way that you say it.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 11:35:25 pm »
Pete (ex Lands)

Are you now running/moderating this board to the degree that you can suggest members should stay or go.  I'm sure Absolute Cleaning is big enough to weather Melanie's posts & in the end it is up to him to respond to her if he feels her comments unjustified

lands

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 12:19:28 am »
Pete (ex Lands)

Are you now running/moderating this board to the degree that you can suggest members should stay or go.  I'm sure Absolute Cleaning is big enough to weather Melanie's posts & in the end it is up to him to respond to her if he feels her comments unjustified

Just an opinion like hers. She is a bully in it's purest sense and I hate that. And no I have no authority, just a sense of what is right and wrong.

PaulKing

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 08:51:31 am »
Don't think you where the only one having a bad day! ;)

Easy to say the hard thing on the internet that you would keep surpressed in real life, but I do often find that people who say such things have a blank or hidden profile? Bet it's the same here.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

John Kelly

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 09:03:28 am »
You think its a girl ;D

Fresh Clean

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 09:13:44 am »
glad that melaine did'nt post her opinion on the sensitive topic that was removed from the non-related cleaning  forum a couple of days ago, nothing worse than a woman with a bad opinion 'he he' ;D good morning joe & pete. still recovering from that suite, phew! freshi

lands

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 09:16:57 am »
You need to get down the Gym son, lose a few of those tyres then the suites will seem that much easier.

How did you get on with all that grease? Looked like a definite case for immersion from the pics you sent me of it. ;D

That is the dirtiest suite I've seen mate

Fresh Clean

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 09:24:42 am »
it looked alot worse in the flesh mate, used a whole bottle of super solve on the seats & arms, the custy was pleased with how good it came up. don't need to work out cause i'm a lean mean cleaning machine, i'm all puffed out now. ::) freshi

lands

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 09:27:48 am »
Anyone who eats steaks the size of a small Kentish village would look like you ie. a character from the film Fight Club. I just can't work out if it's Brad Pitt or the other one whats his name eeerrrmmmm got it
Meatloaf ;D

melanie rowe

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 10:05:09 am »
I'm glad to see there are a few alpha males still in existence!, as far as my critiscisms are concerned take it like a man, take it on the chin, and just bloody get on with it, if you are cleaning upholstery for a living one of the first things you should learn is always , always always always thoroughly cover the floor, never, never , i mean never wear clothes or garments that will run, i dont know who is teaching who on these forums but if thats the standard? Maybe for many of you out there the reason you are self employed is because you just are not employable, meaning you cannot take personal critiscm when you have made basic, no childish errors, if you put a post on here regarding your inadequacies, dont expect all your going to get back is a pat on the back and there, there, there, it all be alright , you'll be wiser next time. Some of us out here have far higher standards than that, and on a forum such as this have a right to say how we feel about this kind of poor business practice. i have not insulted anyone, just pointed out that by some peoples standards and that would include customers what he has done is ridiculous. As for all the week non alpha males out there coming to this guys rescue like he was a damsal in distress, just grow up, and pete why not leave names like paul pearce , john bolton and derek bolton out of this, they are not legends just ordinary people doing a good job, and i am sure they would not advocate not covering carpets or flooring while they are cleaning upholstery.If you dont like my posts then quite simply...dont read them.

lands

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 10:36:29 am »
Melanie

The Aplha Male thing is actually a contradiction here as it's you that seems to be holding that mantle with your manner. So please don't belittle yourself by using the male v female thing.

The point I was trying to make is that this site is for sharing ideas, helping each other and sensible debate. To write a post that insults someone ("sheer stupidity") is not productive and puts people off using the forum which is a shame.

I'm not sticking up for or protecting him because I'm sure he can do that himself and I'm sure he isn't crying off to see his counsellor I just hate reading angry comments from people when their is no justification for it. As for the Legends term then I will call these guys that in the same way a non-league footballer would call Bobby Moore or Pele a legend.

Pete