ianharper

Re: Google Adwords
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:36 pm »
guys

first woodman you are right about yellow pages the net is going to take over yellow pages soon. it must be affecting them as they are changing so much. like, no address, 0845 numbers, milti adverts and i think you can put price in now.

The Internet and yellow pages are what I call passive marketing, this type of marketing is where you wait for someone to have need for your services. its important to have this type but making it pay is key,

You have to find the level at which it does. by tracking and testing you can find this level. I have spoken about this in my post on directories. Yellow pages are offering us all free 0845 numbers so that they can quote to us all how many calls any advert gets. caution has to be taken with this as we all know yell with rent out our contact details on their database service. so any numbers will have to take this into account.

With regards adwords. you need to find out what "active keywords" are? basally they are the words typed in my the person searching. I know how it works but its difficult for me to put into words.

These keywords will improve your response.

again, offers guys. give your prospect a reason to click to your site. if you are getting the impressions then your copy on the advert limited as it is is not compelling for prospects to click though.

My advise is that active marketing will produce more profit. as demand for carpet cleaning is low compared to other services, like domestic cleaning.

my plan is work on free listing with multi sites as this is free. and using directories by expanding my sales message on a website, or  free recorded message.

Respect

Ian Harper

Neil Grainger

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 02:43:18 pm »
Red

I have left it upto them to set the price, Should I change it and how much do you think i should set it at.

Cheers

Neil

woodman

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 04:05:21 pm »
Michel

It must be your keywords they probably need optimising.

At the rate you set which is a good level I would have expected you to recieve plenty of visits.

I have tried to look at you site but can't get on it , there may be a problem there as well.

If you want you can supply me with your adwords password & email to sign in I will take a look for you.  email them to me @:  woburnis@aol.com

the red carpet

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 07:47:03 pm »
Michel Roberts, NO ???

try again theredcarpet@hotmail.co.uk

the red carpet

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 07:52:44 pm »
Neil, i set at £5 per day

Maximum cost per click £1.95

today i have had 7 clicks and they have cost me on average 79pence each

the only keywords i use are

carpet cleaning "your town"
carpet cleaner "your town"

with all the towns i want to work in

the red carpet

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 08:27:43 pm »
Michel, yeah i found it, it had gone to my junk mail for some reason.

It looks like you have it set up right to me, i would lower the daily spend though coz if somebody in your area objects to your new advertising campaign and keep clicking on you, you could be a couple of hundred quid down in no time.

Your add shows if i type in carpet fitter west london
so the only thing i can think is nobodys searching in west london

in my experience people will either search more broadley ie "London"

Or they will narrow it down ie, "Kilburn" "Islington" "Hamersmith"

just add these to your keywords

Try this and it should work ;)

Michel Roberts

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 09:12:29 pm »
Red

Sounds like that might be it, I will give that a go and see how that works.

Thaks for taking the time to have a look for me.

Regards Michel

nick p

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 09:18:51 am »
hi

just in the process of puttig my first website together very intrested in these adwords but also seen a thing called instant traffic which guarantees google listings which is on 123eg.co.uk where im building my site do you think this would be any good

cheers nick

ianharper

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 03:15:51 pm »
{keyword:Carpet Cleaner}
Free Room Carpet Cleaning
Intro Offers 0800 191 0263
carpet-upholstery-cleaning.co.uk

Here is the formate that I was talking about its line one that's the important one.

the "keyword" is replaced by what the prospect has typed (as long as you have in your keywords) in the search engine. so say the typed in billericay carpet cleaner the first line will appear as this. its really cleaver.

respect

Ian Harper

davep

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 06:28:22 pm »
I am looking at these adwords thingymebobs, does it put you in the sponsored listings on the right of google, or on the main part of the page?

Are the're other ways to get up on top? 

If i Google 'carpet cleaner liverpool' then the top result is a link to 'www.accessplace.com' and 'childwall carpet cleaning is highlighted.. (not me!)

I take it hes not using Adwords as he has no website?   :-\

the red carpet

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 07:12:09 pm »
you go either on the right or right up the top above everybody else

davep

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 07:36:24 pm »
Ta Red,

So can i presume that my competitors aren't using Adwords as the top result is a link to a directory?

Can you Google 'carpet cleaner Liverpool' and see what you think?

Ta

the red carpet

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 09:09:54 pm »
The ones right at the top in the blue box are using adwords as are the ones on the right hand side, so you do have a bit of competition on there.

davep

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 10:08:04 am »
Ta red, i am wondering though  ??? The top listings seem to be directories like thompson and accessplace..  are these likely to use adwords?

Neil Grainger

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 04:06:11 pm »
HI

Had My first 3 Calls from Adwords today, Booked 2 Jobs worth £300. Not bad me thinks.

Took a while for me to figure this out but now I have the minimum click thing figured it seems to be working.

Fingers Crossed

*paul_moss

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2007, 08:41:59 pm »
Still struggling with mine. :(

Help any one
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Neil Grainger

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 10:13:58 pm »
HI All

All i have done is use Carpet Cleaning Town and Carpet Cleaner Town. I hupgrade to the standard edition that gives you the opertunity to set the Max click rate for each individule Keyword.

I have about 20 Keywords and have set different rate for each one, It has teken me a week to get what I think is right by trial and error. I think its just a case of playing with it.

Cheers

Neil

woodman

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 04:49:29 pm »
Paul

send me your details and I will have a look for you,

(By the way thanks very much arrived today ;))