pro-fresh

Shockwave
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:04:57 pm »
Does anybody else have problems with little brown bits in their Shockwave, however I mix it they wont dissolve and end up blocking the sprayer nozzle, even using the large blue plastic nozzle it still happens. It happened with my free trial tub as well, so its not a bad batch ive had.
I rang Solutions and it seems i am the one it happens too.
Ive got a tub as big as a wheelie bin to get through so any ideas would be grateful.
Thanks
Kev.
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk

Neil Jones

Re: Shockwave
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »
Happened with my sample tub, hence why I didn't buy any more. It looks like grit and just won't dissolve, I don't know what it is. I do like other solutions products though and I've always used PB which is identical to shock wave.

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »
Also got the sample pack of all their stuff, only turned up the other day so have not tried anything yet, but will keep an eye out for that
What goes around comes around

Nick Attwood

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:21:30 pm »
Yep I have had this problem too   >:( Although the new tub I received a couple of weeks ago appears to be a different formula and has very very few brown bits in it.

pro-fresh

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:33:42 pm »
My new tub also appeared to look better, it looked a bit more refined but it still happened. I changed over to Powerburst after rinsing out the sprayer and I still had a couple of blockages from the odd bit that must have been left in there. At least i'm not the only one, I just cant understand why nobody has ever mentioned it before?
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:00:32 pm »
Rusty cement mixer.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

richie

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:15 am »
Happened with my sample tub, hence why I didn't buy any more. It looks like grit and just won't dissolve, I don't know what it is. I do like other solutions products though and I've always used PB which is identical to shock wave.

PB which is identical to shock wave?????  Shock wave contains those nasty enzymes doesnt it.....PB does not.

CarPete Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 08:22:55 am »
I've got the same problem with the yellowish/brownish bits that won't dissolve - glad it's not only me.  After mixing, most of these bits are caught on the inlet filter in my WCW electric sprayer - always wondered what they were though?
Pete Callis
Affordable Quality
www.carpetecleaning.com
NCCA m2102

Dennis

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 10:31:51 am »
Rusty cement mixer.

or rusty shovel.  ;D ;)

Richard Meads

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 11:18:58 am »
I use PB on bad EOT's, I was going to try Shockwave but I don't like the sound of these bits, is it still worth giving it a try?

james roffey

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 11:42:22 am »
I have noticed these bit too, i found it was blocking the filter of my pump up sprayer, i have taken to placing a cloth over the funnel when i fill the sprayer to filter out these bits they dont disolve at all, dont know what they are, if they are not meant to be in the product i will be a bit upset as i have a massive tub of shockwave which i think is a good product

wynne jones

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »
Wonder if Nick would offer a replacement tub?

Robin Ray

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 01:14:30 pm »
I had the same experience with shockwave. I have the sample pack and apart from spm I cant seem to get anything to work PB seems world apart to SW and I have only got MPower to work once. Everyone else seems to rave about solutions products, is it just me? ???

*Hector*

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 01:32:17 pm »
Quote from: Robin

Ray link=topic=162314.msg1352560#msg1352560 date=1354972470
. Everyone else seems to rave about solutions products, is it just me? ???

Might be Robin  ;D ;D

The thing about Mpower is that less is more..... If you mix it too strong, thinking it will work better.... It dont...

Fusion Clean works best at twice the recommended dilution, and the HD microsplitter works great if you agitate like billy-o....
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Neil Jones

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 01:37:11 pm »
Ritchie, I meant in terms of use, not chemical make up. I find a lot of people use PB and SW in the same circumstances, if i've got something grubby to make good I have found PB never fails.

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 03:00:41 pm »
Ritchie, I meant in terms of use, not chemical make up. I find a lot of people use PB and SW in the same circumstances, if i've got something grubby to make good I have found PB never fails.

have you ever tried it on the kids  ;D
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

Russ Chadd

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 03:02:25 pm »
Silly question but how are you mixing the stuff?
I have never had any problems with Shockwave as long as i gently add it to a bucket of hot water whilst stirring.

M.Acorn

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 05:30:14 pm »
Used it for the first time today, on a minging garage reception that I do regular.
Did notice little brown flecks in the tub, but I have the nozzle on my sprayer set to more or less open, as it is so greasy.
Also added 5 scoops of solu boost stuff into the mix.
It's on a par if not slightly better than powerurst,the one plus is no fib and fab rinse, but not sure price wise if using the 2 products as opposed to using pwr burst and fib and fab rinse works out.
Boss was impressed.
No fun cleaning and having mechanics with greasy boots walking over the freshly cleaned carpet though  :-[

wynne jones

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 08:22:07 pm »
Mark

If you are having to add something to it and it's only about as good as PB then I would stick with PB. I assume this was a synthetic tile or similar I wouldn't bother with acid rinse anyway.

M.Acorn

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 11:00:49 pm »
Yeah carpet tiles, think I will prob stick with pb, don't dare use my sebo , as I will never get it clean again

John Kelly

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »
Where do you get the idea you have to acid rinse Powerburst and not Shockwave. They are both ph11. You acid rinse to neutralise the alkalinity.

richie

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 12:51:19 am »
i was about to say the same John. 

Fran84

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 07:25:38 am »
Where do you get the idea you have to acid rinse Powerburst and not Shockwave. They are both ph11. You acid rinse to neutralise the alkalinity.

Here Here!!

Acid rinse should be used with both of them. I use both and actually prefer shockwave on more oily/greasy carpets.

Fran

M.Acorn

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 09:43:38 am »
Says on the tub plain water rinse.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 10:46:54 am »
Hi Guys

Remember pH is a logarithmic scale, which means PH 11 is 100 times more alkaline than pH 9, so a little weak acid is going to make very little differnce.

Volume of rinsing is far more important.

Cheers

Doug

Russ Chadd

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 10:51:33 am »
Acid rinse on synthetic carpet tiles?

M.Acorn

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 10:58:20 am »
Well I have been doing the place every 6 weeks for the last couple of years, it's a garage, a very busy garage, thick oil all over reception and office area, like I sad got mechanics walking all over it as I am cleaning it, it took me a good long time to get it anywhere near acceptable, due to the oil being so thick, tiles are synthetic and it gets a very good flush as I am having to make quite a few wet passes to make any difference, owner is happy and he uses me for all his rental properties so I am happy.

John Kelly

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2012, 11:51:19 am »
An acid rinse when appropriate. Mainly on wool carpets if that product has been used to obtain a result. It doesn't just help neutralise the alkaline but leave the fibres with a nice hand (soft).

Fair point Doug, great if you have a high power porty or truckmount but there are still thousands of cleaners out there using 100psi machines. There is no way they can provide enough flushing action.

wynne jones

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 11:56:05 am »
All the courses I have been on talk about acid rinse. I did it for years. Spend a week using a roll of litmus tape on a carpet after you have pre sprayed it and worked it in, and then after you have wanded it.

Then make your own mind up whether you need acid rinse to neutralise the ph.

james roffey

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 07:30:43 am »
Silly question but how are you mixing the stuff?
I have never had any problems with Shockwave as long as i gently add it to a bucket of hot water whilst stirring.

Has nothing to do with the mixing, i always mix like that but loads of this orange sandy stuff in it that wont dissolve, your mix must be very different, blocks my jets up on sprayer have to clean it every time i use it.
It would seem that my batch must be different, i am concerned that something is in mine that shouldn't be

Joe W Brown

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 12:28:08 pm »
I've been using shockwave with Orion sprayer for a good few weeks now and not had much of a problem. Recently there was a slight block, but it unblocked easily (unscrewed the end to the sprayer, gave it a spray, screwed it back on) and has been fine since.

I've had great results with shockwave and get lots of "wow"s.

Fran84

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 01:46:10 pm »
Straight from the horses mouth (sorry Nick) ;D

'The Brown specs are the enzyme which can take a little longer to dissolve than the powder,

Going to change the formulation slightly and make a broth of the enzyme and then coat the powder which should help it dissolve quicker.

Regards

Nick'

Doug Holloway

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 05:20:30 pm »
Hi Guys

Although enzymes are brilliant cleaning agents they have health issues, such as sensitisation of asthmatics.

I will use them as a problem solver but not as routine.

Why not just use the STTP, microsplitter of your choice and have a tub of enzyme prespray as back up?

Cheers

Doug

Kriss

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 06:35:23 pm »
I have the same problem with my shockwave. Dark bits which blocking my sprayer nozzle. Sample pack for you :(

clive ware

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »
Yep. My gloria sprayer keeps getting blocked up. Starts off as a nice fan spray and within a couple of seconds, I get 2 v shaped  jets sqirting out!

Paul Moss

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 08:13:44 pm »
Enzymes desolve quite quick. What Nick is giving you are small amounts of gold nuggets in disguise. You should be collecting these up for xmas  ;)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 10:40:44 pm »
Hi Guys

The fact that enzymes are linked to many health issues is hardly new, I developed some products over 25 years ago and that was when, in discussion wth other chemists, who were much more knowledgeable than me, I became aware of the serious issues.

Just search the health issues of proteases, amylases and other enzymes.

It is a long time since I worked as an R&D chemist but things don't change that much.

Cheers

Doug

wynne jones

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »
It's only the powder when dried that's a problem, so there really is no problem at all with enzymes... unless you don't extract thoroughly.

Certainly a no no for padders.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:58 am »
Hi Guys

What people don't understand about enzymes is that they act as catalysts and only a very small amount is required to potentially cause a problem, obviously a thorough extraction will remove more but I would think it just about impossible to remove all.

washing powder manufacurers had to modify the form of the enzymes so as to lessen problems.

Cheers

Doug

Craigp

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:32 am »
Prochem stopped doing their enyzeme prespray product about 8 years ago because of the health issues. I was told at the time the same reason doug said, asthma.

Powerburst was then born! Powerburst was its successor, although it was called something else first, can't remember the name now.

I have used PB ever since the eyzeme went.

Billy Russell

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 12:18:47 pm »
used to be called hi force prespray i believe

Tom Mac

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »
Never had a problem with Shockwave or any Solutions products and Nick is very good as are his products.
Other brands are available and we do try them but keep going back to Solutions products as first choice.