V_Purcell

Re: Steroid injection to elbow?
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 08:53:10 am »
Try this exercise it worked for me.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=we4UoiKG3Co

paul alan

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 09:25:10 am »
I went to the doctors last week I was diagnosed with Golfers elbow, I've been put on Naproxen for a mont if that doesn't wok I've been told that i can have steroid injections, however after your experience sounds like its not a very good idea.

Don't know if its anything to do with it but I've had the last 6 months off the GYM. Ive decided I'm going to go back and see if that makes a difference.

I know exactly what you are going through, its very painful.

Dazzler

Me too! 5 months out the gym and on naproxen- il be going back in soon and start doing 5 x 5 workout 3 times a week just with the bar until I get stronger
I'm doing the stronglifts 5x5, got the app on me phone.

what I like about this its really simple and easy to follow, you see strength gains week by week.

ideal if your a busy man.

davids3511

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 01:46:16 pm »
I went to the doctors last week I was diagnosed with Golfers elbow, I've been put on Naproxen for a mont if that doesn't wok I've been told that i can have steroid injections, however after your experience sounds like its not a very good idea.

Don't know if its anything to do with it but I've had the last 6 months off the GYM. Ive decided I'm going to go back and see if that makes a difference.

I know exactly what you are going through, its very painful.

Dazzler

Me too! 5 months out the gym and on naproxen- il be going back in soon and start doing 5 x 5 workout 3 times a week just with the bar until I get stronger
I'm doing the stronglifts 5x5, got the app on me phone.

what I like about this its really simple and easy to follow, you see strength gains week by week.

ideal if your a busy man.
How hard is it to do if you've no experience with weights?

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 02:07:25 pm »
5x5 workout is brilliant for beginners because you start with very light weights , you don’t do that many variations of exercises and you only do it 3 times a week

Brian Nunn

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 02:56:39 pm »

For the past 4 months I have had a sore elbow joint and it extends down the forearm muscles and up between the Bicep and Tricep which I think is called the Brachialis. Painful to get lids off jars and grip etc.
Thanks for that link, basically he suggestes massaging the area for 1-3 minutes and then very light resistance exercises.

I do feel about 20% relief from my first go at the exercises.

How long did it take you to cure the problem?
I assume these exercises are to be done once daily.
He said the muscles need to be strengthened, did you find the very light resistance exercises enough of did you use a bar and add weight?

Crystal-clear

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 03:59:48 pm »
Hi thx for all replys.

ive had this for years its cos i worked like crazy... it has come at a price the pain eased off and i was able to work today and return to the gym ive been dealing with the pain for many years

i aint sure myself about this injection i dont think it can cause harm as id have to sign a disclaimer they wouldnt do it otherwise. im going to try and find some physiotherapy and im gona try some exercises online 

Missing Link

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 04:24:23 pm »
How hard is it to do if you've no experience with weights?

There's loads of stuff all over the internet about how to lift weights.  As the others have said 5 x 5 is very good.  Just five exercises work all your major muscle groups, effectively, and you don't need to spend hours in the gym.

Also, any half decent gym should give you an induction and show you how the machines 'n' stuff work and should be happy to help with advice and training.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 04:31:36 pm »
Hi thx for all replys.

ive had this for years its cos i worked like crazy... it has come at a price the pain eased off and i was able to work today and return to the gym ive been dealing with the pain for many years

i aint sure myself about this injection i dont think it can cause harm as id have to sign a disclaimer they wouldnt do it otherwise. im going to try and find some physiotherapy and im gona try some exercises online
Yeah sorry didn't mean to alarm you about the injection before. My local surgery advised against it however because they said the recent opinion to its effectiveness for tendonitis had changed in the ten years since my previous symptoms. There was a small chance it could cause damage that would then require corrective surgery. Better, they said, to try alternative treatment and physio first. My town has a new  clinic for just such joint problems and their advice was the same.. The exercises they explained are along similar lines to those in the you tube video.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2017, 05:05:12 pm »
Hi thx for all replys.

Yeah sorry didn't mean to alarm you about the injection before. My local surgery advised against it however because they said the recent opinion to its effectiveness for tendonitis had changed in the ten years since my previous symptoms. There was a small chance it could cause damage that would then require corrective surgery. Better, they said, to try alternative treatment and physio first. My town has a new  clinic for just such joint problems and their advice was the same.. The exercises they explained are along similar lines to those in the you tube video.
cheers which Velcro fastening strap do you recomend do you have a link

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 05:52:31 pm »
Don't have link but picked mine up in Boots. Google tennis elbow support otherwise.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 05:58:41 pm »
he tryes to sell you the stuff did you buy them or did you use something else?

Shrek

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 06:02:23 pm »
he tryes to sell you the stuff did you buy them or did you use something else?

It just needs to be something that’s long and hard , no need to buy anything, just use the handle of a wooden spoon or something like that