tom20001

Benz advice
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:36:11 pm »
Anyone else here receive regular email updates off Benz as they have bought product from them.

If so what do you make of advice they give on various topics relating to softwashing?

Plankton

Re: Benz advice
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 11:15:25 pm »
I've never bought anything directly from them but I subscribed to the news letters. You could pay hundreds for the info they give out for free!

tom20001

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 10:50:00 pm »
I agree to a point Alan. I am trying to educate myself more in softwashing as their info certainly helps. But at times i find their info a little wishy washy and lacking in specific information.

Ive been researching how to clean headstones and benz say blackwash and then bio. But then they would of course ,they are trying to sell a product. However there is a lot of conflicting info to this. Basically a lot "solid" sources and websites say hypo type of products will stain the stones and leave a brown stain. Id show screenshot of this info but site wont let me upload 🤔🤔

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:22:57 am »
Hypo will react with marble turning areas brown. Maybe ask in the General section and see if Kev or Chris will give you an answer, probably along the line of an alkaline based cleaner.