robbo333

Re: Damme good setup!
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 07:22:26 pm »
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

P @ F

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 07:36:28 pm »
Very good link that , looking down through the list there could be some good group buys there !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

robbo333

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2017, 07:54:10 pm »
I think their individual prices are very good too. Compared to the (quick decision) extortionate prices I paid at Halfords for 'Christmas ribbon'!

I may ratchet strap the Grandkids pressies down. Probably take them about 7 seconds!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Plankton

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2017, 11:04:30 pm »
This is the current state of affairs with my van. Hopefully I can get it sorted out soon!
[/img]

P @ F

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2017, 10:26:41 am »
Are you related to Adam Thompson by any chance  ;D
He's got a van just like yours  :o
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Plankton

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2017, 05:24:59 pm »
I've had it two months, put off getting signage, plywood racking and properly fixing the brackets to the roof. Not got a clue what to use for the brackets that doesn't involve drilling into the metal.
I envy these people that have it all organised, I was used to throwing stuff in the pickup and trailer and off I went. I just haven't took the time to work out what's the best configuration before spending money on things like racking.  Maybe after next week is out the road I'll get it sorted!

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2017, 07:02:34 pm »
alan i use soil pipes from B&Q fixed to my inside roof with thick cable ties for pole storage.(no cutting or drilling required).they work a treat.my reel is fixed to a sheet of plywood that sits in front of my tank (covered in back plastic sheeting)and for hanging up goosenecks or pole hose ive screwed some hooks into the plywood at the side of my van.

i also ordered some door cards from grippa for my back van doors for spare brushes,BOAB etc.you simply replace the door ply with the cards and screw in the relevant holder.grippa cut them to size depending on your van model.for trad gear like cloths/detergent,etc i use plastic storage boxes available from any large supermarket.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2017, 07:13:37 pm »
also i have an ettore oblong bucket with a lid so i dont spill any soapy water when driving about.ive actually got an old unger green bucket like yours in the van for odd and ends(spare rubbers,detergent,cif,solvent,scrubbing pads,etc) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2017, 03:59:37 pm »
When I've got the other tank in I don't think I'll be able to fit ply racking over the wheel arch and another thing is I can't get to my battery!