Don Kee

Installing new booster pump
« on: November 25, 2017, 03:36:11 pm »
Hi all!

I think I’m having a bit of a brain fart moment that I’m hoping someone can help with!

I bought a Dab Jet booster pump that someone on here recommended (I think smudger..?) from Anglian pumps and I’m struggling to get it working...

I've wired it in (I think) correctly, and its meant to be self priming but I cant get it going!!!  :-[
I’ve also check water in/out are the right way around (its the only diagram on the instructions that make any sense)
All I’m getting is a humming noise but no boosting of water pressure.

The instructions are in foreign so I’ve had to ‘wing it’ and Anglian pumps are closed until Monday so has anyone on here installed one or similar before that may be able to shed some light?

I’ve attached a photo of the wiring just incase anyone notices I’ve done something wrong!!

Cheers mucho!

andyM

Re: Installing new booster pump
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:09:57 pm »
Which model Dab pump is it Donkee?
This site contains instructions in English!
https://www.dabpumps.com/en/taxonomy/term/78
One of the Plebs

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 04:50:07 pm »
Its the ‘Jet’ model!

Thanks Andy, thats the same instuctions I got with the pump but the ones you’ve linked have english; you’re a legend!!

Will have to wait until morning now, better light!

andyM

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 05:05:52 pm »
From scouring the instructions, there is a fault finding section:
* The motor does not start but makes a noise:
a) Check the state of the capacitor (as it's new very doubtful, but could possibly be faulty)
b) Check the electrical connections
c) Check for obstructions in the motor or pump

Also check that you have filled the pump with water before starting up as per instructions.
One of the Plebs

martinw

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »
This is completely wrong. You have wired power supply to capacitor directly instead of terminals marked Live (L) and Neutral (N) on black block connector where two blue and one black cables are connected.
It will never work this way.  Take off those crimped connectors from power supply cable  and screw brown to live and blue to neutral.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 07:47:58 pm »
looks like i am not getting back my pump after all

is your life insurance paid up  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

martinw

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 07:55:30 pm »
Forgot to mention feed power supply through side of the pump housing where you have that single screw between yellow and power connector block. Otherwise you won't be able to put lid back on.

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 09:06:13 pm »
Forgot to mention feed power supply through side of the pump housing where you have that single screw between yellow and power connector block. Otherwise you won't be able to put lid back on.

Top man, theres a reason why I’m a window cleaner!