DanielWelford

HELP REQUIRED
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:22:02 pm »
Hi

I currently run a carpet cleaning business, and do a lot for estate agents and landlords. Consequently I keep being asked about the cleaning side of the job.

However, before I get involved I want to set this side of the business up correctly, and therefore propose to prepare method statements & risk assessments for each part of the job.

If anyone would be so kind as to provide me with a copy of either of these documents, it would be gratefully appreciated.

email: carpetcleaner@talktalk.net

Many thanks

Dan

gerrystyles

Re: HELP REQUIRED
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 10:55:35 pm »
You have mail

gerrystyles

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:59:11 am »
Dan

The email was returned. If you could email me I will send you what I have. premier-klean@ukonline.co.uk

DanielWelford

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 06:21:02 pm »
Thanks for your help Gerry.

;D

Dan

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 07:03:26 pm »
Hi

You don't really need Risk assessments & method statements for LA's, estate agent and landlords, as they want the job done, not get buried in paperwork. Also what if something happens that isn't on the risk assessment, doing work in EOT cleaning is vast, writing these documents is going to take you an age, while someone else is doing the work.

Regards

Martin 8)

Robert Parry

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 07:06:31 pm »
I disagree Martin, as you probably know Risk Assessments etc are in fact required by law.

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

ColinD

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 07:36:58 pm »
Hello excuse me, did I read soemthing about not requiring Risk Assements Method statements etc, waste of time! Hey Let's abandon H & S. CoSHH is a bit of pain! I know, the most expensive part of staff safety, training. now let's get rid of that. It's not cost effective.

May I suggest that the little time spent covering your backside now, will save you a lot of time and money in the future.

I applaud you for trying to cover every aspect of what should be fundamental in the industry. You obviously have a professional mind and approach. Keep it up. Cutting corners will get you nowhere, apart from a poor reputation and sorry to say a short life in the industry. Good for you asking the question. If you need any advice. cc@chercol.co.uk. ::)
Nils illegitimi carborundum

gerrystyles

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 09:00:53 pm »
It is asking for a serious headache not to carry out and record Risk Assessment. It is required by law and we all have had since 1999 to do it. The most fundamental part of any business is Health & Safety and TRAINING. Get that right and the rest will fall in. Good luck Dan. If I can help with anything else you have my email

The Great One

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 01:09:24 pm »
Hi

As usual things are taken out of content and context.

Please show where in my post I actually say Method statements, Risk assessment, CoSHH & H&S are a waste of time? Also please show where it is worded in my post that training is also a waste of time and where it actually says that I cut corners, am not professional in my business.

All I said is that with LA's etc you don't really need them , they certainly do not ask for them. If you want to make them part of your approach then great.

You do not have contracts with LA's, estate agents and Landlords, as they may use you, they may not.

If you are after a contract then it is required by law as stated.

Maybe I need a risk assessment to actually get out of bed, in case I fall out and hurt someone and a method statement on how to actually do it?

Regards

Martin 8)

DanielWelford

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 01:33:21 pm »
I agree, they probably will not grant work based on the fact that I have done these things, but it looks a lot more professional. I am enclosing them in all my intro letters.

It has taken me 2 complete days to complete 1 for every task, but will be worthwhile in the end.

Anyone wanting a copy, more than welcome.

Dan.

DanielWelford

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 01:35:13 pm »
Colin and Gerry

Thanks for your support.

Dan

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 01:49:52 pm »
Hi Dan
Please can i have a copy
Thanks
Karl

mxg

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 02:18:08 pm »
Dan

I will have a copy too please if you don't mind.

Mick

Robert Parry

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 02:30:48 pm »
Martin,

It really does not matter, if LA etc, ask for the required paperwork or not, just because they conduct their business on the fly, does not mean it is correct or lawful, yes the client has a duty to ensure anybody who works on their behalf is competent, and has the necessary etc, and yes I know hardly anyone asks for proof of insurance/H & S etc, but does that not mean that we, as an industry have a responsibility to inform and educate our clients?

If, as I suspect many on this forum and others, think that this is overkill, just stay around for the next 10yrs or so, and wait for the govt or europe to legislate further on these matters.

Do you not see the H & S industry, growing?
Do you really believe that companies are spending massive amounts on complience with the legislation in order to look good, or to improve the bottom line?
No their not! They are spending these vast sums of money in order to protect themselves, I wish I could say in order to protect their staff, on moral grounds perhaps, but no, they are doing it to protect their companies from the huge lawsuits, that are now  becoming the norm.

Regards,

Rob

mpajek

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 02:46:35 pm »
Hi Dan!

Could I have a copy please.

cheers

Martin

m.pajek@yahoo.co.uk

DanielWelford

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 04:39:12 pm »
Karl, Mick, & Martin

You have mail. Hope it helps.

Dan

The Great One

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 06:56:09 pm »
Hi

Rob, again things are presumed and assumed.

In answer to all you questions yes of course, I never said anything to the contary, I was stating what is actually going on. You assume that my clients do their work on the fly, and I have been called un professional and told I cut corners.

Please offer proof to back up your claims?

As it happens I have just submitted a quote for an office with full Methods statement & risk assessment, CoSHH to be submitted if contract awarded.

No one was not to know this of course but all to easy to assume otherwise and go on the attack.

I was only honestly answering the original post.

Martin 8)

mpajek

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 10:06:51 am »
thanks Dan

Robert Parry

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 01:28:21 pm »
Martin,

I am dissapointed that you have felt that I am responsible for attacking you, or indeed assuming that you conduct your business affairs in an on-the-fly way.

This was not my intention at all, your last post stated that you supplied your last quote complete with all required documentation, I just wonder then, why you do not do that as a matter of course?

I also wonder, why in your original reply:

Hi

You don't really need Risk assessments & method statements for LA's, estate agent and landlords, as they want the job done, not get buried in paperwork. Also what if something happens that isn't on the risk assessment, doing work in EOT cleaning is vast, writing these documents is going to take you an age, while someone else is doing the work.

Regards

Martin 8)

you didnt advise Dan to do the same?

I honestly can see your point of view, re: clients not asking for the required documentation, but that, in my opinion, does not give us, as an industry, an excuse to follow suit, after all, are we not the experts, when it comes to cleaning?

Regards,

Rob

ColinD

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 01:46:17 pm »
Surely, it would prove our professionalism if we provided all the relevant documetation, H & S, risk assessment et al, as and when new contracts came our way. To a certain degree, it is a very good sales point to provide , or parts of them, (examples if you like) at the time of quoting.

I really do not see a problem. If we are operating in a legal and professional envirnmonet we should, wrong, must have all this information inplace within the business.

Mine reside on the computer, which I can personalise for individual clients, circumstances and situations. That includes a copy of PL and EL insurance certificates. Simple.

The Great One

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 05:40:19 pm »
Hi

The reason i did not advise Dan to do the same is because with La's, Estate agents & Landlords he will not be under contract. he will be used as and when required. he can certainly make all the relevant docs part of his initial presentation, and it will stand him in good stead of course. I was merely stating that with this kind of work they are not required in the view as not being asked for, not reffering to what is actually law (hope that makes sense)

When it comes to law, H&S etc there is no excuse.

With the work Dan mentioned it will not be asked for, but that doesn't stop him writing it anyway.

(Phew!)

Regards

Martin 8)

Jon Tabbener

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 10:51:43 pm »
Dan

Can i have a copy of these documents please mate  ;)

Tabbener@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

Jon
Cleaner Carpets

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 10:30:12 pm »
Dan,

could i take a look please.

Regards Rob.

need a cleaner

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 06:51:36 am »
Dan, can we also get a copy please,thx

ColinD

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 10:03:58 am »
Dan,

May I have a look at a copy of the docuemts please.

Best wishes.

Colin.

Art

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 03:19:02 pm »
Dan,

Any chance i could have a copy aswell. arthur@scsf.co.uk

Arthur

DanielWelford

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 06:02:54 pm »
Jon, Rob, need-a, Colin, & Arteur.

You all have mail. Phew ;D

Dan

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 06:10:44 pm »
Very much appreciated.

Regards Rob.

ColinD

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 08:26:26 pm »
Thanks, very interesting and appreciated.

Best wishes.

Colin

Jon Tabbener

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 11:15:02 pm »
Thanks mate your a star
Cleaner Carpets

CVC

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 08:43:54 am »
Please can I have a copy, my email addy is davetew@btinternet.com

Thanks a million.
Dave

Art

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2006, 12:38:31 pm »
Thanks Dan

DanielWelford

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 02:56:57 pm »
Dave you have mail  ;D

Dan

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2006, 04:11:32 pm »
Hi
I know its probably getting a bore now but....

can i have a copy too please.

thanks

cleanandneat

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 07:51:17 pm »
hello Dan

Would you be kind enough to send me a copy?
Many thanks,

cleanandneatservice@hotmail.co.uk

bluecrescent

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 02:26:51 pm »
I agree, they probably will not grant work based on the fact that I have done these things, but it looks a lot more professional. I am enclosing them in all my intro letters.

It has taken me 2 complete days to complete 1 for every task, but will be worthwhile in the end.

Anyone wanting a copy, more than welcome.

Dan.
Can I have a copy please dan?

bluecrescent

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 02:28:41 pm »
Can I have a copy please Dan?

Andrew P

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 02:34:49 pm »
Hi Dan

Can i have a copy please ;D.

Thanks

Andrew

Malcal

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 09:22:55 pm »
Can I have a copy please.
Regards Mal

wimbledonhandyman

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 06:23:13 pm »
Hi Dan

Could I have a copy please.

cheers

Steve

steve@wimbledonhandyman.com
CARPE DIEM QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.....

The Great One

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2006, 11:03:27 am »
Hi

Daniel

How did you get on with your method statements?

How was the uptake and response for them?

How many did you give out?

Hope they are keeping you busy?

Regards

Martin 8)

Kev Loomes

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2006, 09:36:00 pm »
Hi Dan

Could we have copies to please

Thanks