JetVac Cleaning

Resiblock trade sealer
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:07:47 pm »
Anybody on here used the above sealer? Been using resiblock for a few years but decided to stop offering a sealing service but have a customer who is adamant they want it sealed or I won't get the job! Previously been using superior but want to maximise profits by using acrylic sealer instead of the expensive stuff.

BDCS

Re: Resiblock trade sealer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:38:16 pm »
Look at the PICS sealer

Kenny83

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 09:40:33 pm »
Maximise profits? isn't that another way of charging top dollar for laying cheap poop?? hahaha
If they want the best then they have to pay for it mate, if you were using an acrylic go for a solvent based one like picseal / smartseal / etc, resiblock trade is a water based acrylic and will not last very long, it's not to bad on indian stone though or patio flags as it gives quite a nice sheen, but when it comes to joint stabilization of block paving then I wouldn't bother mate, and I certainly wouldn't charge them through the nose for it as it's only £50 a drum... you get what you pay for
 ;D
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 09:51:45 pm »
How much is the good quality pic seal stuff per 25ltrs? Been browsing the pic seal and adseal sites . Have always used Resiblock superior and have tried the cheaper ebay stuff and it has bit me on the arse in the past so won't be using sealer which has not been recommended again! Just want to find something that's reasonably priced and will do a reasonable job. I have quoted £7.50 per metre clean , sand and seal so won't be making a fortune but still don't want to be called back in 3 months when it looks like a football pitch

Kenny83

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:24 pm »
It's all round about 85 to 100 a drum inc VAT, plus delivery
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 10:51:21 pm »
i use pics permaseal which is exactly the same as resiblock trade. both water based acrylic. Ive used loads and had no problems put enough on and the sand sets like rock.

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 11:11:57 pm »
What's the price of the permaseal Simon?

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 05:24:44 pm »
Spoke to pics today and the rep is going to deliver some tomorrow as he's in the area. He said they supply smartseal with sealer which is not too far away

BDCS

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 06:18:02 pm »
Funny what you find out - they also supply tech clean and they said they produced their own