Re: Starting a private home cleaning service
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 05:51:43 pm »
Ian,
If you (as an employer) pay your staff salary by cash, without deducting tax and NI from it, you will definitely be prosecuted.  However, if you, as a customer, pay by cash to a cleaner it would be cleaner’s responsibility to declare the income.
Regards,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 01:31:01 am »
Hi mancherry

I think you sent me a flyer about your website do you charge £9 per because ive had another also charging £19 per week,also can you give me info about insurance how much does this cost i clean 13 houses per week,but dont have insurance luckily ive never had a problem but theres always a first time.

Thanks
suzieq
Got another enquiry today from the site- just ignoring them for now- need someone to deal with enquiries if your interested, have seven now since beginning of month.

mancharry

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 01:34:19 am »
bloody hell i wish i could charge £14 hour!im charging £8.50 but other companys in the area are advertising   at £8 hour  where abouts are you working for this sort of cash? :-*
if you quote a price per hour on the phone what makes you better or worse than anybody else?
We never quote an hourly rate and won't quote for a job until we've seen it!
If you send a 65 yr old cleaner and charge £8.50 per hour for 4 hours, a 25yr old cleaner could probably do the work in 2 hrs so what does hourly rate matter?