Blast Away

If they won't clean it, you clean it...
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:36:35 pm »

jasonl

Re: If they won't clean it, you clean it...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 09:52:13 pm »
Very clever , but the signs wont rust they are a special Alloy , they wont reflect light properly though with the algae on them.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »
lee was meant to ask you do you use your whirlaway with hot water running thru it for removing oil stains from block paving? as when trying to blast the blocks to get oil out the sand goes everywhere. today i used the whirlaway with hot. i have a hotbox but i kept the machine on full bore as someone said if you have too hot water it can damage seals in head?? not too sure what the score is with heat thru whirlaway?

mike roberts

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 07:24:04 am »
just noticed post ... yer you have to be carefull running hot thro a whirlaway.. think make stated temp is around 90 ... can run hotter but run the risk ... thats one reason we have moved to mosmatic stated temp around 120 ... parts so much cheaper and simpler design.

We got quoted around £20 for a single castor / wheel from dual pumps crazy... contacted local manu that supplies dual p ... wheel cost less than a £2  ;D ;D whole castor set less than £9. Mosmatic in a different league....

mike roberts

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:58 am »
Fair play with the sign Lee  ;D ;D
.. we have the same problem down here.. would be so simple to clean but is amazing how many there are when you look along any stretch of road. May copy your tactic down here if you dont mind !

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:46:49 am »
lee was meant to ask you do you use your whirlaway with hot water running thru it for removing oil stains from block paving? as when trying to blast the blocks to get oil out the sand goes everywhere. today i used the whirlaway with hot. i have a hotbox but i kept the machine on full bore as someone said if you have too hot water it can damage seals in head?? not too sure what the score is with heat thru whirlaway?

Not had any problems with heat and whirlaway mate. Had the same one running on heat for 18 months and it's still fine. We don't use heat every day though.

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:06 am »
Fair play with the sign Lee  ;D ;D
.. we have the same problem down here.. would be so simple to clean but is amazing how many there are when you look along any stretch of road. May copy your tactic down here if you dont mind !

Don't mind at all, that's why I posted. Get out there and get some free advertising done.

Kenny83

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 05:50:48 pm »
Mike how many litres are you running your mosmatic on? and what size inch is it?
ive just bought a 21 inch mosmatic but not sure whether to set if up for my 21 litre machine which I use every now and then or set it up for my 15 litre machine which I run all the time, would 15 litres be ok for the 21inch?
i agree, the mosmatic is alot more simple and i was suprised at how light it is compared to my 18 inch whirlaway!
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 06:53:25 pm »
I have the Tech clean 18" fsc and when I use that with hot it gets flexible and this allows the bar to hit the handle bolts. This is with 21 lts/min running through a 15 ltr/min boiler so the temperature is nowhere near boiling. Who is the agent for Mosmatic in this country

Blast Away

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:55 pm »
I have the Tech clean 18" fsc and when I use that with hot it gets flexible and this allows the bar to hit the handle bolts. This is with 21 lts/min running through a 15 ltr/min boiler so the temperature is nowhere near boiling. Who is the agent for Mosmatic in this country

http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/rotary-cleaners/index.html

mike roberts

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 07:59:29 pm »

At the cleaning show they told us you can buy  direct ... However we buy from a local guy that makes our washers to spec

mike roberts

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 08:13:55 pm »
Mike how many litres are you running your mosmatic on? and what size inch is it?
ive just bought a 21 inch mosmatic but not sure whether to set if up for my 21 litre machine which I use every now and then or set it up for my 15 litre machine which I run all the time, would 15 litres be ok for the 21inch?
i agree, the mosmatic is alot more simple and i was suprised at how light it is compared to my 18 inch whirlaway!

Our one is 21" castors + skirt.. Mainly use it on 18ltrs / 200 bar (2x03) works well - Have used it on smaller m/c think its 15ltrs but higher bar 250 ish (03 jets a bit big..025 better ) Dont know about you guys but we still find ocassionally really bad blocks (i mean bad!) require finishing locally via turbo.
We only converted to mosy this yr from whirlaway never looked back ..much lighter better made easier to transport...blah blah  ;D ;D

Kenny83

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 08:19:05 pm »
Yeah, to be honest sometimes i just turbo the whole lot when it comes to block paving, mainly because by the time you reah he end you find that the moss/dirt has started to dry off so you have to go back down the whole drive washing off anyway and to do the corners/missed moss, I have found if I start with the turbo at the begining then I don't need to do this as you are pushing the dirt the same way as your cleaning... depends how I feel on the day as to how i clean it really
Pressure Washing -

Kenny83

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 05:40:45 pm »
just noticed post ... yer you have to be carefull running hot thro a whirlaway.. think make stated temp is around 90 ... can run hotter but run the risk ... thats one reason we have moved to mosmatic stated temp around 120 ... parts so much cheaper and simpler design.

We got quoted around £20 for a single castor / wheel from dual pumps crazy... contacted local manu that supplies dual p ... wheel cost less than a £2  ;D ;D whole castor set less than £9. Mosmatic in a different league....
where cn i get some of the wheels at that price mate?
Pressure Washing -

mike roberts

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »

We got quoted around £20 for a single castor / wheel from dual pumps crazy... contacted local manu that supplies dual p ... wheel cost less than a £2  ;D ;D whole castor set less than £9. Mosmatic in a different league....

company that makes the wheels is 'Blickle' based in Milton Keynes close to me 01908 560904 on the net, they produce the 'new' castor assembly for whirlaways - dual pumps.... will sell parts seperately to u direct give them a ring..  got some beginning of yr plus castors for our billy goats , got fed up with dual pumps stupid prices be honest havent used whirl for ages as neoffeds new bar again fed up with prices they want over £90 for it crazy. Did consider buying in bulk and adding to our website  ;D ;D
let me know their current prices now shoudnt b far off

Matt Gibson

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 07:15:08 pm »
Mike, you can get pretty much everything you need for the WAW from the states, pretty cheap..

Do you wanna sell the WAW with the buggered bar? if so, how much? im in the market for one, dont have much work for it, but ive needed one a few times and havent had one.

mike roberts

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 06:56:58 am »
Mike, you can get pretty much everything you need for the WAW from the states, pretty cheap..

Do you wanna sell the WAW with the buggered bar? if so, how much? im in the market for one, dont have much work for it, but ive needed one a few times and havent had one.

Sorry Mat do you know a site for spare parts ? all I can find is uk dealers !

was going to keep it as a spare or use with second m/c on Ind jobs... once in posn will replace with another mosy then part company! To b honest it looks sh*t  ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:12 pm »
Mike, Try below

http://www.ultimatewasher.com/surface-cleaner-accessories.htm

Not sure how cheap the postage is, but an arm starts from $19.00

I just noticed how expensive the rotary heads are for WAW!!!

johnny bravo

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 10:43:26 am »
watch out they dont have you for interfearing with signs on public highway

BVC

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 07:10:31 pm »
Genius!!

Even if there was some comeback, wonder what sentence the judge would pass down for partially cleaning government property.

love it.

BVC.

Blast Away

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 08:23:09 pm »
Genius!!

Even if there was some comeback, wonder what sentence the judge would pass down for partially cleaning government property.

love it.

BVC.

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSnSx1RcJzY

mike roberts

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 06:13:41 pm »

did you get a price for the wheels ??

Kenny83

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 08:14:35 pm »
no mate, not had chance, was asking for future reference, hey mike, are you nozzles on the mosmatic a 1/8 fitting?
Pressure Washing -

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 01:34:49 am »
Going by this reverse graffiti a criminal offence in the UK  ???

Legality

There have been several instances of authorities attempting to prosecute those performing clean advertising, but prosecution has been difficult due to the temporary and non-destructive nature of the practice.[5][6] Moreover, while adding something to the sidewalk like paint is illegal, cleaning is not. Thus, companies or artists offering their reverse graffiti services are operating in a legal gray area. In the UK it is not a grey area as the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 section 224 makes it very clear that advertising without consent is a criminal offence. See http://www.communities.gov.uk/publications/planningandbuilding/outdooradvertisements

From January 2011, CURB Media worked with Leeds to help the council become the first globally to regulate clean advertising, marking the start of clean media's development into the mainstream. Since this time numerous other councils across the UK have started to regulate the media as means of generating revenue and delivering local and national advertising

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_graffiti

Fair play with the sign Lee  ;D ;D

Don't mind at all, that's why I posted. Get out there and get some free advertising done.

Blast Away

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:47 am »
Nothing is free !!!

Legality

There have been several instances of authorities attempting to prosecute those performing clean advertising, but prosecution has been difficult due to the temporary and non-destructive nature of the practice.[5][6] Moreover, while adding something to the sidewalk like paint is illegal, cleaning is not. Thus, companies or artists offering their reverse graffiti services are operating in a legal gray area. In the UK it is not a grey area as the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 section 224 makes it very clear that advertising without consent is a criminal offence. See http://www.communities.gov.uk/publications/planningandbuilding/outdooradvertisements

From January 2011, CURB Media worked with Leeds to help the council become the first globally to regulate clean advertising, marking the start of clean media's development into the mainstream. Since this time numerous other councils across the UK have started to regulate the media as means of generating revenue and delivering local and national advertising

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_graffiti

Fair play with the sign Lee  ;D ;D

Ok it costs money to cut the stencil and fuel to get you about.

Exhibit A Stencil. Exhibit B Water. Council's may well use the planning act but they never take action further than trying to frighten you. Cases have been thrown out of court and even so Leeds have set an example now followed by other councils around the country giving privileged rights to certain hot spot paving. Trafford Council here also work with Curb just so they can use the paving around Old Trafford.

It's called greed. Council's are seeing pound signs because they can't issue fixed penalties like they first did when Reverse Graffiti hit the UK. Curb are trying to control the market. They offer 30 impressions in conjunction with their council 'contracts' for £2500. Councils will take half of that.

When you're next on the motorway pay attention to the dirty back doors of a lorry. I may well have flash mobbed it with a Blast Away stencil.  ;)

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 03:32:41 pm »
Personally I can't see the point in stencilling your web address onto lorries or anything else for that matter for so say free advertising without gaining the owners permission first ;D

For instance if you did that to any of my lorry fleet (if I owned one) without permission first I would not be amused at all and you defiantly would not get any business from me messing about with company property.

This seems a very unprofessional way to go about running a cleaning business to me ;)

GS CLEANING SERVICES UK

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:14 pm »
lol nice one blast-away , thinking outside the box.............if your in the market for new staff in the new year reg 1 of your other threads on this forum and you want someone reliable please get in touch.......cheers
Mark
GS CLEANING SERVICES UK

Smurf

Re: If they won't clean it, you clean it... New
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 05:36:59 pm »
Sorry folks this is not a new idea at all as this sales technique has been around for many years.

When going out on a pw quote offer a test patch and if customer agrees stencil the company name etc onto the substrate.

Works 99.9% of the time to get the job ;D