drive surgeon

im getting aching right arm after using lance for long periods. i even get vibrations from the whirlaway handle. it cant be any good for the future. i had some anti vibration gloves but they were too bulky to get into lance trigger etc. they were no good anyway. does anyone else suffer this problem?  hours on the lance is a killer on big jobs.

Roger Oakley

Re: can anyone recommend good anti vibration gloves for pressure washing.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:50:16 pm »
DS
These used to do finger-less anti-vibration gloves
www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk
Can't remember how much they were, I have used them, last about 6 months max.

jaespray

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:16:43 pm »
hi drive surgeon  if you are getting vibration to that extent there must be someting wrong with your kit you could get white finger/hand/arm syndrome   if you employ people you could be seud   good pressure washers should have surge protection fitted as standard    if you are getting vibs from you tools something is out of balance    stop useing it till its fiixed   or you will need a hostpital surgeon
regards john

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:40:30 pm »
I assume we are all sat indoors watching the rain ! Ringers anti vib gloves are £20 at Straus

drive surgeon

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:44 pm »
its a tech clean washer. its only small vibration but when on the gun for hours on end you can feel the affects. dont you guys use any form of vibration gloves or dont you feel any affects?  i got a weeks worth of work coming up next week at a school which will be 8 hours a day on the gun  :-X

Alan McTernan

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:34:22 pm »
I use the same gloves as Roger and Carl and think they are pretty good ;)

I feel the affects after a long time on the lance and sometimes my hand just lets go!!! But these gloves seem to help :)

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:53:54 pm »
I have VWF from when I was at the mine and my hands are always cold in winter plus I can pick up hot things and not feel them. I got £15k compensation for it but would rather they were right, £20 on a pair of gloves would be well spent. You need to change hands regular DS - when your pressure washing as well  :o

jaespray

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 11:25:20 pm »
 after working long hours with fsc or gun     my legs go to jelly   butt drags the ground   arms ache  yes but that is cramp or mustle fatigue  you can soon recover from that   vibration can cause white finger/hand/arm the results of this can be permanant
regards john

Blast Off Stoke

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 11:34:23 pm »
personally i can go all day washing with the lance or FSC  and get no vibration trouble at all , but i do get after about 5-6 hours use a sort of electric shock feeling in my left hand ( i'm right handed) where it feels like someone has give me a sharp prod in my left arm with a pointed finger.
if you or staff are using a fsc and they are feeling vibration then your fsc is faulty as of which the cleaning ability will be reduduced and noticed, but as for a lance then it must be you personally.

Blast Away

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 07:47:23 am »
Severe vibes on a FSC can be a blocked nozzle or rotary head in need or greasing.

Never had any problem with needing gloves.

drive surgeon

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 11:19:48 am »
yes bdcs maybe it all the vibrations from other right arm activities thats causing my aching right arm  :-X  ;D

thanks guys for your answers. i will look into getting a good pair.