dazmond

Re: webasto temperature mixer valve.......
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2020, 06:59:51 pm »
I had to do a job yesterday with cold so I didn’t turn it on the windows are paper thin and they would just pop,the hose was literally like wire I took my eye off it when I was reeling in and because it was cold it came in tangled and nearly broke my wrist,also when it’s cold it doesn’t sit on the reel well as soon as you pull out it starts to want to come over the sides.

i think heated water does something to hose causing it to go like wire after a while...either that or i just forget what its like to work with cold hose when i do use cold water!
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2020, 07:31:49 pm »
I think the heat turns the hose brittle , once hot has been through it it will never be the same again , that’s why we notice it more than cold users
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2020, 04:49:25 pm »

This is my reel at the end of the day...it should be almost clouds of steam in this cold weather......   ::)roll

Could there be a problem with the heat exchanger?I just cant get the heater to produce piping hot water....its just warm....I cant adjust the mixer valve anymore without it coming off.....I'm sick of messing about with it now!  >:(

To me it sounds as if the heater is in half heat mode....the ticking of the diesel pump is much slower than it used to be....

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 04:57:14 pm »
Maybe ring grippa if they know their system inside out , you’ll probably get a quicker answer than on here daz

Slacky

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 04:59:59 pm »
I had to do a job yesterday with cold so I didn’t turn it on the windows are paper thin and they would just pop,the hose was literally like wire I took my eye off it when I was reeling in and because it was cold it came in tangled and nearly broke my wrist,also when it’s cold it doesn’t sit on the reel well as soon as you pull out it starts to want to come over the sides.

You’re a big fairy you are. ‘It nearly broke my wrist...’. Course it did ya poof.

Splash & dash

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2020, 06:18:17 pm »

This is my reel at the end of the day...it should be almost clouds of steam in this cold weather......   ::)roll

Could there be a problem with the heat exchanger?I just cant get the heater to produce piping hot water....its just warm....I cant adjust the mixer valve anymore without it coming off.....I'm sick of messing about with it now!  >:(

To me it sounds as if the heater is in half heat mode....the ticking of the diesel pump is much slower than it used to be....

IDE give Oliver a ring if the situation hasn’t improved , when mine went like that it was just an air lock , unless the boiler has been giving off clouds of white smoke it should be fine , mine did over 12,000 hours run time before needing replacement .

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 06:26:21 pm »
no......theres hardly any smoke on start up and shut down.....ill see how i go on tomorrow....i suspect its something to do with the mixer valve as the heater has only stopped producing very hot water since messing around with it.....i remember refitting it a few years ago too and i instantly got hotter water.......

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2020, 06:27:48 pm »
Give it to Grippa, I’m sure they’d like a record day!

NWH

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2020, 06:34:39 pm »
One thing it could be and I had this when the heat in the water dropped on my old heater and that was the heat exchanger needed changing,as soon as I changed it the temperature went back to the usual.
Plenty of antifreeze in the tank is there.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2020, 06:37:50 pm »
You can’t really flush the heat exchangers you can’t get at it I know someone once said you may be able to do a Donald Trump and flush it with a mild bleach solution or soak it but if it’s spent it’s spent usually,when it’s working does the burner feel hot.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2020, 06:45:29 pm »
yeah the header tank is just over half full with coolant which is where it should be.....

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2020, 06:48:54 pm »
im convinced it must be something to do with the valve......as the water temperature hasnt been the same since tightening it up after a leak...these heat exchangers should last years and years before their knackered!its only 3 years old!

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2020, 07:09:59 pm »
im convinced it must be something to do with the valve......as the water temperature hasnt been the same since tightening it up after a leak...these heat exchangers should last years and years before their knackered!its only 3 years old!

Oh, blimey,

I think 3 years qualifies as years Daz - esp as you use it EVERY day.....

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2020, 07:11:23 pm »
Do Grippa not get involved with any maintenance of these things once you’ve not had the £500 annual service? Voided the warranty kind of thing?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2020, 07:18:32 pm »
Do Grippa not get involved with any maintenance of these things once you’ve not had the £500 annual service? Voided the warranty kind of thing?

pure freedom said theyll service it for me......i cant be arsed going down to grippatank!its miles away and in the middle of nowhere!their also very busy fitting systems!......

if there was someone local who could service it for me i would but i dont know anyone.....

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2020, 07:20:19 pm »

Oh, blimey,

I think 3 years qualifies as years Daz - esp as you use it EVERY day.....

Darran

the lifespan of these heat exchangers is 15-20 years!i doubt that this is the problem anyway......

NWH

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2020, 08:02:20 pm »
Take the pipe off the heat exchanger that goes to the valve the water coming out the burner then into the heat exchanger should be very hot.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2020, 08:03:41 pm »
Daz just google Webasto engineers, they will be able to do servicing and diagnostics, there will be one closer to you than having to travel down to purefreedom  or grippa. When I had my webasto diesel heater I got it serviced by a webasto engineer 30 miles from me.

NWH

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2020, 08:07:16 pm »
Nearly all the problems if it’s firing up and working properly are hardware if it’s software it’ll usually power up and power straight off,it try’s to start if it’s software but it won’t go to the next stage.
If this happens it can be the glow plug but it can’t be this with yours as it’s actually working,lack of heat will be either burner or exchanger.

NWH

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2020, 08:08:39 pm »
If I thought it was an airlock I’d disconnect all internal pipes back to the burner but I don’t think it’s that.