gary mcd

sharing information with customers
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:56:33 pm »

Had someone ask me for a quote due to them dumping their old w/c. Turned out the w/c was putting his price up and the customer wasn't happy because she knew that he had been on 2 holidays that year and she didn't want "to fund his life style".

I declined the offer, but got me wondering how much of that goes on and if anyone on here has had experience of customers envy/jealousy.

PS, it was 2 bed semi and price increase was from £6 to £7.

lee_dewing

Re: sharing information with customers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:07:41 pm »
Wow that's cheap.
No I don't think any of my customers envy me ;D

Other way round most of my customers live in affluent areas nice houses cars 2 holidays a yr
A lot send kids private school.
I don't think it pays to br too friendly chatty with customers still haven't learned how to do that when I get more work I think I might knock the tea others on the head courteous morning afternoon

Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 01:14:42 pm »
I don't think you'll get too much of that tbh.
A quid ain't gonna kill her.
Sounds a bit if a pillock customer.
I picked up one a few months back-other WC had increased his price on a 3 bed detached with conservatory. From £15 to £19. I was quoting blind but said £15. Customer thought it fair & so did I.

Obviously don't go collecting in a Ferrari but there is balance to be had.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

gary mcd

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 01:55:18 pm »

I've not had any experience of it myself, but it does make you think, what is going through the custys head at times.

Seems to go from one extreme to the other. You have some thinking your out just to make some beer money then you have others thinking you're living the high life, if only :)

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 02:44:06 pm »

I've not had any experience of it myself, but it does make you think, what is going through the custys head at times.

Seems to go from one extreme to the other. You have some thinking your out just to make some beer money then you have others thinking you're living the high life, if only :)

If a window supply salesman rocked up in a new Bentley to quote you for new windows, what would you think? I know what I would think.

If the workmen rocked up in a tatty old beat up van that was falling apart, what would you think?

A local window cleaner drives an 03 plate M/B Vito thats rusting away before your eyes. My brother in law commented that he would never employ someone who came in a van in that condition.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Carl2009

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 05:43:48 pm »
A local windy to me bought a new van and immediately lost a couple of customers, one saying he must be charging too much if he could afford a new van like that.

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 06:48:47 pm »
I tell them a version of the truth .... I had 2 weeks in Mexico as honeymoon last year so told em 2 weeks in Lanzorote instead ... never go collecting in mine and wifes car but always my old van ...  :)