Jadecleaning

WFP System
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:47:41 pm »
I would like to invest in this system but with the current water problems a few questions need to be answered:
1 can you buy purified water? and if so will these companies still be able to supply it with the current water shortages?
2 if you can use a system to purify your own water how is it filled with a hosepipe ban in place?
3 will systems like this be under scrutiny by water companies and therefore incur limitations or full bans until water is available again?
I may sound too 'in depth' with my questions but this is a big investment for my company that I can't afford to lose on. Any input would be gratefully appreciated.
Darren.

Paul Coleman

Re: WFP System
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 08:40:49 am »
I would like to invest in this system but with the current water problems a few questions need to be answered:
1 can you buy purified water? and if so will these companies still be able to supply it with the current water shortages?
2 if you can use a system to purify your own water how is it filled with a hosepipe ban in place?
3 will systems like this be under scrutiny by water companies and therefore incur limitations or full bans until water is available again?
I may sound too 'in depth' with my questions but this is a big investment for my company that I can't afford to lose on. Any input would be gratefully appreciated.
Darren.

In answer to your questions, nobody yet knows if WFP will be banned or not during the drought in the southeast.  The drought order hearings have only taken place recently and there are others pending I believe.  The decision lies with the Secretary of State.  Even if a drought order does ban WFP, it will be permitted to bring in water from outside the drought zone.  Not really practical but permitted.  If I treated my customers the way the water companies are treating theirs, I would not have a business left to run.

steve m

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 06:32:27 pm »
even with a drought order in place they wont ban wfp.firstly its fed from a tank and not from the mains, and second, they couldnt afford to pay the compensation for all wfp'ers sitting at home watching the telly

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:32:34 pm »
even with a drought order in place they wont ban wfp.firstly its fed from a tank and not from the mains, and second, they couldnt afford to pay the compensation for all wfp'ers sitting at home watching the telly

Sure thing.  Since I posted that in Apriul, the water companies have not banned WFP as it is not directly connected to the mains.  It may happen one day if they ever implement "phase three" of a drought order but it hasn't happened yet and may never do so.