ronnie paton

Re: max earnings as a 1 man band
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 08:25:06 am »
some need to remeber the difference between turnover and earnings there s a large differenece, also working hours is everthing from cleaning, canvassing to collecting.

I wont indulge in what a 1 man band can do but i would say anything is possible if you put your mind to it so aim higher.

jonnyald

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 08:39:40 am »
exactly ,AIM HIGH JOE  ,   dont sit in your car .
at the mo     i do 280 houses a month on ladders and in springtime im going to find another 280 on top and i know i wont be able to clean 560 but  probably will  do  380 without killing myself , so i will just go with the flow and drop any that i dont want  and  keep laughing while you work Joe  ;D

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 08:41:45 am »
nah im staying with ladders.surely in long run id be worse off getting all that gear to just clean windows.

Not wanting to sound like I'm sniping but my experience is that the above sentence is so very wrong.  WFP was a bit slower for me initially as I relearnt my round, dealt with a bit of customer fallout because a few thought I was trying to con them, and I gradually dropped the jobs that were not practical for WFP (certain link detached/terraced houses and places where the parking was very poor).  However, I reached the point where I almost doubled my turnover and have more time off - and feel less tired so I can enjoy that time off more readily.  It didn't happen overnight.  Sure the outgoings are higher.  No doubt about that.
TIP:
Don't think of "all that money"
Think "How much extra per month will I be able to earn and how much extra per month will the kit cost".
I don't want to go into numbers on an open forum but anyone who has used WFP for a while could tell you a similar story.  Suffice to say that since switching to WFP, I would regard £500 turnover in a week as a not very good week - except for recently of course when conditions have been difficult.
Apart from all of the above, there is also a far lower likelihood of breaking your neck.
Just to add that I have just about 257 customers (mostly 6 weekly) which includes a little commercial work that I subcontract plus I subcontract about 30 domestics a month from one source.  They are a whole range of shapes and sizes ranging from £3 for a front only (only do it as it's in a row of other work) to £150 for a commercial job.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 08:46:25 am »
When we converted our residential to wfp we were slower ,snagging explaining trying to justify it to everyone .We also had to learn our round again.
Spit and polish

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 08:51:26 am »
i think being realistic u can earn a grand a week BEFORE expenses on domestic.but not every week.u will not do 40 hours a week either.after uv took dinner breaks/talking to custys/travelling time etc off.most of us will do
5-6 hours most days "on the glass" and up to 8 hours in summer some days,but there are a lot of variables.to get a well priced compact round takes years then uv got to be organized to get the work done.

most one man band WCs would average £500 most weeks,maybe a few hundred more down south.it depends on pricing/organization as well!!extras like conny roofs,gutters etc can really boost ur earnings but when u take into consideration bad weather days/sick/holidays/ then u multiply it over 52 weeks it wont be as much as u thought!! ::)

IMO if ur earning £30,000+ then ur doing well as a sole trader domestic window cleaner esp up north where the cost of living is a lot cheaper.thats what im aiming for in the future anyway! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 08:56:12 am »
When we converted our residential to wfp we were slower ,snagging explaining trying to justify it to everyone .We also had to learn our round again.

Yes it can be a pain until you get used to it  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 08:57:35 am »
good point on WFP leapstallbuildings.as ive no experience of WFP i cant comment on it. ;D ;D

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 09:01:03 am »
good point on WFP leapstallbuildings.as ive no experience of WFP i cant comment on it. ;D ;D
;D
Even if he sticks with ladders though I feel that the OP could do better for himself - though it can be much slower with ladders.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 09:07:47 am »
leapstall im looking forward to adding WFP this year and honing my round and banging it into shape again!!im working towards it steadily! ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

gewindows

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 09:11:10 am »
nah im staying with ladders.surely in long run id be worse off getting all that gear to just clean windows.

Not wanting to sound like I'm sniping but my experience is that the above sentence is so very wrong.

Correct Leaps.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 10:03:25 am »
your all being sucked in by this guy hes obviously a fraud, joined on the 2 jan 10 am

Must be someone bored of there relatives and nothing better to do

own up!

gewindows

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 10:07:30 am »
Thats his 'local time' in his profile, he joined December 22nd.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:13 am »
That was his last active time, he joined December 22nd.
still seems fishy :)

gewindows

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:50 am »
Oh look someones edited my post  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2010, 10:10:52 am »
Oh look someones edited my post  ;D
Was it you Matt ? come on be honest  :-\
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

gewindows

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2010, 10:12:51 am »
I dont understand it, wasnt me  ;D  ;D

pesky forum  ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2010, 10:15:04 am »
it wasnt me  :P :P :P :P

nelly

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2010, 12:09:26 pm »
I split my round with mate,canavassed where i wanted,

i do 15 houses a day £10 a house(base) 4 day's a week,on a monthly basis,

trad work,includes bungalow's mostly and house's,

Working 4 day's a week, give's me a day to do extra job's or catch up due to weather,

I try to do 3 an hour as they are compact

david watts

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2010, 02:00:13 pm »
all these threads about money get me;
from the point of its ok having x no of custys but you need them to pay;
i get compact work sometimes and in the middle will be a fly in the ointment
i can start off with a few good ones and you get a couple more that mess about.
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

cozy

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 02:48:36 pm »
I dont understand it, wasnt me  ;D  ;D

pesky forum  ;)

Hmm, need to keep an eye on these dodgey types who keep opening new accounts and changing names all the time.