*kentnick@hotmail.co.uk

max earnings as a 1 man band
« on: January 02, 2010, 12:42:03 am »
hi.i have been going at this game for 2 years now. i have an average round with average prices. im just so curious what i could achieve if i pull my finger out. is £500 a week achievable or am i thinking in a dream world. i currently earn £350 on an average week but my work is spread out and not highly paid averaging at £7 per house. I reckon if was compact and better prices id be on a right role.also thinking if i go wfp id earn more too. oh great site by the way.

daz1977

Re: max earnings as a 1 man band
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:45:58 am »
say u did 3 house an hour at 7 a house 8 hours a day 5 days a week  50 weeks a year you would earn

3 x 7 = 21 x 8hours = 168 x 5 days = 840 x 50 weeks = 42000  not bad for a 1 man band

*kentnick@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 12:50:19 am »
mate i couldnt work 8 hours a day. 5 at a push.i prob do 1-2 an hour,depends on traveling and how long i sit in car motivating to get out.anyway yea if all got collected each week and weather wasnt a prob it would prob be fine.ill get there at the end.id be in heaven if was on 42000 a year.

Ste M

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:55:22 am »
if you were wfp then you would have more energy to do longer hours, not just that but you work quicker so therefore get your hourly wage up, the downside of this though is the intial outlay of a good few thousand to get a full van set up and van, wether you go down the diy route of building your system your poles still cost a good few hundred quid for decent ones, you need decent ones to ensure your arms dont tire ;D

*kentnick@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 01:00:23 am »
nah im staying with ladders.surely in long run id be worse off getting all that gear to just clean windows.i only do houses not commertial.just out of interest what is avearage hourly rate for wfp then??on ladders for me its between 10 and 14.which sounds a lot but when you work out all collecting and petrol and only 5 hours a day work being done is pretty crap and i struggle.

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 01:04:00 am »
i dont work 8 hours a day or 5 days a week, i was just trying to show what could be earned, only doing 3 houses an hour on a four week cycle  even only working 3 days a week its 25 grand a year with only 288 custys

Ste M

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 01:07:42 am »
nah im staying with ladders.surely in long run id be worse off getting all that gear to just clean windows.i only do houses not commertial.just out of interest what is avearage hourly rate for wfp then??on ladders for me its between 10 and 14.which sounds a lot but when you work out all collecting and petrol and only 5 hours a day work being done is pretty crap and i struggle.

depends on how worse off you mean, the deciding point for me was falling from a first floor window when my ladder slipped, luckily i was unhurt but i wouldnt take that risk again if i dont have to, i can work safely and soundly off the floor now without putting myself in any danger, oh and before people start saying, i did have the ladder at the right angle and i wasnt over stretching, it just slipped on the surface.

Id sooner pay out all the money and i know i can recoup it within a year with the extra speed ive got. at least i know i wont fall and break something and be out of work for months/years/ever.

Iearn a good hourly wage, not going to say what as it causes so many arguments on here$ when people start saying about how much they earn ::)

*kentnick@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 01:12:23 am »
288 customers.wow thats loads. wish i had that many.i dont earn anywhere near 25000 but 1 day i will.fairplay to you daz sounds your doing ell.respect

daz1977

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 01:16:02 am »
i aint doing that well, i was just giving examples on what can be achieved, 3 custy an hour is only 21 a day say 60 - 70 a week,  trying to show that you dont need 800 custy to make a good living being a wc

*kentnick@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 01:20:46 am »
haha 800.id like to see someone clean that by them self.well i just want closer work.i bought my round well got conned.ipayed 7k for 1100 a month and then still he lied as most were just fronts so had to half the house price.prob is its so spread apart.i wish i had the money noto buy a ne round.im thinking of geting it canvased up but dont no ho much that ill cost yet.5 pound a new customer i just read but that sounds low.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 01:23:58 am »
here here 80 custys a wk a tenner a go 800x 4 =3200 x50= 40000
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 01:24:19 am »
get a load of leaflets made, 5k will cost just over 100 and then door knock. cheaper and more reliable than someone doing it for you, plus you meet the customer so you know how they will be with you

daz1977

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 01:26:10 am »
there seems to be an attitude on here by a few that unless u got 800 custys running 3 vans all thermo wfp, u aint a proper wc,  and most wont achieve that, as they will stay a 1 man band,

*kentnick@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 01:27:50 am »
lammy i meant 800 customers a month. but did open my eyes 80 customers a week earning 800.WOW id be rich.if only

Ste M

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 01:29:08 am »
i do love some peoples attitude on here as you say daz, they must of just decided one day they were going to clean windows and every door they knocked at said yes, then someone gave them a van and loads of equipment and then they just blossomed from there, each year as well the customers insiisted on paying them more money ;D oh and if anyone disagrees with their opinion then hell have no fury like a wc scorned ;D ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 01:34:11 am »
i do love some peoples attitude on here as you say daz, they must of just decided one day they were going to clean windows and every door they knocked at said yes, then someone gave them a van and loads of equipment and then they just blossomed from there, each year as well the customers insiisted on paying them more money ;D oh and if anyone disagrees with their opinion then hell have no fury like a wc scorned ;D ;D ;D
This site gets more of a joke each time I come on.

Who posted this thread are you serious or just drunk?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ste M

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 01:35:53 am »

got to be drunk, its 1.30 in the morning ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 01:41:28 am »

lol cod mw2 for me :)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 01:51:15 am »
,most wcs can easily clean 15 houses a day yeah average 10 quid a call 150 take off expenses petrol diesel woteva still leaves ,min 120 you jus gota keep ,motivated  i aint got 800 custys nor 3 vans nor do i want 3 vans i,m happy doin what i do cleaning windows

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 01:55:43 am »
and wot iv bin doin for 20+ years

ronnie paton

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 08:25:06 am »
some need to remeber the difference between turnover and earnings there s a large differenece, also working hours is everthing from cleaning, canvassing to collecting.

I wont indulge in what a 1 man band can do but i would say anything is possible if you put your mind to it so aim higher.

jonnyald

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 08:39:40 am »
exactly ,AIM HIGH JOE  ,   dont sit in your car .
at the mo     i do 280 houses a month on ladders and in springtime im going to find another 280 on top and i know i wont be able to clean 560 but  probably will  do  380 without killing myself , so i will just go with the flow and drop any that i dont want  and  keep laughing while you work Joe  ;D

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 08:41:45 am »
nah im staying with ladders.surely in long run id be worse off getting all that gear to just clean windows.

Not wanting to sound like I'm sniping but my experience is that the above sentence is so very wrong.  WFP was a bit slower for me initially as I relearnt my round, dealt with a bit of customer fallout because a few thought I was trying to con them, and I gradually dropped the jobs that were not practical for WFP (certain link detached/terraced houses and places where the parking was very poor).  However, I reached the point where I almost doubled my turnover and have more time off - and feel less tired so I can enjoy that time off more readily.  It didn't happen overnight.  Sure the outgoings are higher.  No doubt about that.
TIP:
Don't think of "all that money"
Think "How much extra per month will I be able to earn and how much extra per month will the kit cost".
I don't want to go into numbers on an open forum but anyone who has used WFP for a while could tell you a similar story.  Suffice to say that since switching to WFP, I would regard £500 turnover in a week as a not very good week - except for recently of course when conditions have been difficult.
Apart from all of the above, there is also a far lower likelihood of breaking your neck.
Just to add that I have just about 257 customers (mostly 6 weekly) which includes a little commercial work that I subcontract plus I subcontract about 30 domestics a month from one source.  They are a whole range of shapes and sizes ranging from £3 for a front only (only do it as it's in a row of other work) to £150 for a commercial job.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 08:46:25 am »
When we converted our residential to wfp we were slower ,snagging explaining trying to justify it to everyone .We also had to learn our round again.
Spit and polish

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 08:51:26 am »
i think being realistic u can earn a grand a week BEFORE expenses on domestic.but not every week.u will not do 40 hours a week either.after uv took dinner breaks/talking to custys/travelling time etc off.most of us will do
5-6 hours most days "on the glass" and up to 8 hours in summer some days,but there are a lot of variables.to get a well priced compact round takes years then uv got to be organized to get the work done.

most one man band WCs would average £500 most weeks,maybe a few hundred more down south.it depends on pricing/organization as well!!extras like conny roofs,gutters etc can really boost ur earnings but when u take into consideration bad weather days/sick/holidays/ then u multiply it over 52 weeks it wont be as much as u thought!! ::)

IMO if ur earning £30,000+ then ur doing well as a sole trader domestic window cleaner esp up north where the cost of living is a lot cheaper.thats what im aiming for in the future anyway! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 08:56:12 am »
When we converted our residential to wfp we were slower ,snagging explaining trying to justify it to everyone .We also had to learn our round again.

Yes it can be a pain until you get used to it  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 08:57:35 am »
good point on WFP leapstallbuildings.as ive no experience of WFP i cant comment on it. ;D ;D

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 09:01:03 am »
good point on WFP leapstallbuildings.as ive no experience of WFP i cant comment on it. ;D ;D
;D
Even if he sticks with ladders though I feel that the OP could do better for himself - though it can be much slower with ladders.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 09:07:47 am »
leapstall im looking forward to adding WFP this year and honing my round and banging it into shape again!!im working towards it steadily! ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

gewindows

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 09:11:10 am »
nah im staying with ladders.surely in long run id be worse off getting all that gear to just clean windows.

Not wanting to sound like I'm sniping but my experience is that the above sentence is so very wrong.

Correct Leaps.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 10:03:25 am »
your all being sucked in by this guy hes obviously a fraud, joined on the 2 jan 10 am

Must be someone bored of there relatives and nothing better to do

own up!

gewindows

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 10:07:30 am »
Thats his 'local time' in his profile, he joined December 22nd.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:13 am »
That was his last active time, he joined December 22nd.
still seems fishy :)

gewindows

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:50 am »
Oh look someones edited my post  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2010, 10:10:52 am »
Oh look someones edited my post  ;D
Was it you Matt ? come on be honest  :-\

gewindows

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2010, 10:12:51 am »
I dont understand it, wasnt me  ;D  ;D

pesky forum  ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2010, 10:15:04 am »
it wasnt me  :P :P :P :P

nelly

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2010, 12:09:26 pm »
I split my round with mate,canavassed where i wanted,

i do 15 houses a day £10 a house(base) 4 day's a week,on a monthly basis,

trad work,includes bungalow's mostly and house's,

Working 4 day's a week, give's me a day to do extra job's or catch up due to weather,

I try to do 3 an hour as they are compact

david watts

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2010, 02:00:13 pm »
all these threads about money get me;
from the point of its ok having x no of custys but you need them to pay;
i get compact work sometimes and in the middle will be a fly in the ointment
i can start off with a few good ones and you get a couple more that mess about.
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

cozy

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 02:48:36 pm »
I dont understand it, wasnt me  ;D  ;D

pesky forum  ;)

Hmm, need to keep an eye on these dodgey types who keep opening new accounts and changing names all the time.

gewindows

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 04:51:21 pm »
The hat suits you mate  ;D

pingu

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2010, 05:21:38 pm »
Max earnings... that could well into the 70k range....there is a lot of hours a week and alot of weeks per year but as most know..we just cannot work those hours or weeks. 

Ok so we all have those real bumper weeks but they are not every week....

Personally I have a nice average across the board but I only project I shall work 44 weeks per year but that money has to last 52 weeks..I have not really worked for the last 3 weeks and the next 3 look decidely dodgy to say the least.

Plus you'll find that most business's on the in-continent pay VAT week 1 day 1.

Cheers
Dave.

dai

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2010, 06:35:18 pm »
I know of one young guy been on his own for 5 years now, and is having to go VAT registered. He doesn't put the hours in that I do Either, mind you he only does commercial.

peter holley

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2010, 07:43:32 pm »
 ;D ;D :-X :-X :P :P

1wayno

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »
your hourly income depends on your prices and how quick you are at window cleaning,but mainly its the prices of your work,one hour you might earn £20 next hour you might earn £50,just depends on your work and pricing,its always best to have an idea of what you want to earn in an hour and price accordingly  ;D

*kentnick@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 09:01:55 pm »
i do like you 1wayno. you say it how it is and arnt scared to get burnt if you know what i mean. well im going to get canvassers to help me in new year to get me upto spec.

gewindows

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2010, 09:10:24 pm »
Do you mean you fancy him?

By the looks of things Id say he's already occupied.

1wayno

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2010, 09:14:53 pm »
hahaha your just jealous  ;D

yeh i know what u mean mate,saying it how it is,is the best way,where your heart on your shoulder  ;D no point in living in a dream world,dont worry tho mate,one day you'll be rolling in it,im take it ur a grafter,and one day you'll reap the rewards of all your hard work,jus get your head down and go for it,dont be scared  ;D

*kentnick@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2010, 09:15:33 pm »
yes all 3 are good looking boys but as im muslim its against my religon to be a batty man.  

gewindows

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2010, 09:24:36 pm »
yes all 3 are good looking boys but as im muslim its against my religon to be a batty man.  

So Simple Simon not only changed his name but his religion too.

ccmids

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2010, 09:33:58 pm »
joseph you fell off the ladder today or what ;D

gewindows

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2010, 09:36:31 pm »
 ;D ;D

He didnt bounce either I dont think.

Martin ccs

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2010, 09:39:14 pm »
as a one man band i always do a min of £300 a week and a max of around £1200 a week.

been going since june 05 and still trad at the mo. wfp in the next few months.

being a wc can be great for earnings but the weather can be a right pain in the bum.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2010, 09:41:46 pm »
hi.i have been going at this game for 2 years now. i have an average round with average prices. im just so curious what i could achieve if i pull my finger out. is £500 a week achievable or am i thinking in a dream world. i currently earn £350 on an average week but my work is spread out and not highly paid averaging at £7 per house. I reckon if was compact and better prices id be on a right role.also thinking if i go wfp id earn more too. oh great site by the way.
i charged more than £7 for a three bedroom house 10 years ago increase your prices

gewindows

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2010, 10:03:34 pm »
Yea, exactly, he's also obviously never been to a muslim country either, they all seem to bat for the other side.

ccmids

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2010, 11:00:47 pm »

joseph my dear boy you cant be a muslim your head dress is wrong , muslims do not wear turbans ;D ;Ddid you know that you are a sikh. ;D ;D ;D

gewindows

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2010, 11:02:04 pm »
Looks more like a suicide bomber to me.

ccmids

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2010, 11:03:51 pm »
well he's changed his hat ,thats why ;D looks a bit like bruce lee to me ;D

gewindows

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2010, 11:19:12 pm »
Yea  ;D

Right Im off to snuggles, see ya lads.

ccmids

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2010, 11:20:38 pm »
3 more bottles then im off  ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2010, 09:10:23 am »

heart on the shoulder that a new one..................................thought it was wearing on the sleeve maybe he meant he has a chip on is shoulder hahah ;D

1wayno

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2010, 03:59:52 pm »
where i come from its heart on shoulder  ;D different places have different sayings..hit ya with abit of knowledge there  ;D lol

Sean Dyer

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2010, 04:46:50 pm »

lol cod mw2 for me :)

ian email me you gamertag when i get back home tommororw i will ad you and show how its done haha

im a mw2 adict help!!

martindrz400

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2010, 05:07:51 pm »
realy a one man band should aim at £700- £800 a week but this takes time what ever you earn if ot pays the bills and your happy thats the main thing