poleman

Pittmonkey

Re: Tell your window cleaner to Take a hike
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:40:53 am »
Stumbled across this site (NCPM247) a few days ago. Can someone please tell me what this video all about.

http://www.ncpm247.com/about-us.php

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 07:05:24 am »
Stumbled across this site (NCPM247) a few days ago. Can someone please tell me what this video all about.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I don't have sound on my PC but something doesn't seem to stack up with this lot.
Firstly they push H & S a bit then show a video of someone unnecessarily climbing a ladder to pretend to clean windows.
Then there's a bit from their website that says "We have full Insurance cover and insisit that all individual team members also have their own insurance cover for added client protection".  So they are all self-employed/pretend employees is the way I read that bit.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:09 am »
Half the video looks like a funeral procession. Sounds like one too  :-\ That's one o the weirdest vids I've ever seen.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:32 am »
I thought the going up the ladder to obviously not clean the window the best bit  ;)

jonnyald

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 08:12:20 am »
yeah i too loved that 1 second wipe of the window  ;D ;D ;D  if only it was that easy eh

rz

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 08:19:47 am »
i could only watch about a minute of it,

started to feel depressed,

it was so dull

rise@shine

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 08:36:25 am »
This has to be a joke.they go on about health and safety then use a ladder instead of waterfed pole dont clean the window and dont have anyone footing ladder at bottom how safe is that. they also state they have over 200 employees if they were that big a company why use cars instead of vans.Got to be a p take

Gaby P.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 08:51:04 am »
I think they were serious. ::) I just went on Youtube and fired a comment off. (Pittmonkeys video link)

drwindows

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 11:07:49 am »
"With the aid of highly advanced satellite imaging software we are able to view any property at almost ground level, from every angle possible all from the comfort of our office"

IE Google ha ha ha.

What a bunch of jokers.  Can't deny the vehicle wraps look good though.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 11:32:45 am »
they seem to basically hose the windows down with a garden hose, fed from a backpack of what I can only assume is purified water. It wouldn't sell to me, but from there list of areas they seem to do ok. I have seen there website before though, there was posts a while ago about there satellite quoting.

They come across a bit naive if they think the can quote jobs using google earth, and come out and literately hose down the windows for the customer.

whooo weee

I bet they get a few cracking comments from customers, "honey that's the gardeners at the window!"

TonyD

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 02:23:48 pm »

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

:D  That's one weird promotional film  :o It really was like a funeral procession, and what's with the ladder climb to swipe at the window  ??? ???  Gave me a good laugh.

martinsadie

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 07:14:09 pm »

I don't have sound on my PC but something doesn't seem to stack up with this lot.
i dont have sound,but i stick my headphones in the socket,problem sorted  ;D

R W C

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 08:18:33 pm »
well i cant comment as what i thought has already been written  ;D

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 08:23:22 pm »
i am quite a clever chappy......sometimes :o....but that video has made me feel all stupid. ( climb the ladder with all that gear and pretend you have cleaned the window, and at such a crazy height too)..its even driven me to drink as i am now sitting in the park bench with whats left of my laptop battery and the last few dregs of this bottle.......once i find a power source in the morning i will look in to see if anyone has sussed it out..... ???

elite mike

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 08:29:35 pm »
must admit , that gave me a good laugh

but if they are so highly trained in h+s they would never have posted that vid

ludicrous ::)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »
HHUUMMMM
Several health and safety rules broken on that video.
Not much of a uniform lol Hi viz and work trousers.
they window video looked like they have only treated the right window with an additive you can buy for WFP that helps the water sheet and not bead.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Perfect Vision

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 11:19:57 pm »
That was Hilarious! It sounded like they were off to war or something...
We never leave a good PANE behind!  ;D

winwaa

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 12:19:04 am »
Or maybe.....very clever marketing?....weird/dumb videos yes....odd H&S on the vids.....stupid choice of music... but hasnt it go us all talking? and for every comment made on sites and forums such as this one whether good or bad.....the website they have gets stronger and stronger on Google search rankings.
Did you know that this company works all over the city of London doing some pretty high profile jobs? I see their vans regularly on my london round and have even lost some clients to them! and they are working with WFPs not ladders like the video shows, infact I am sure they have just completed the marsh Wall in Canary wharf (48 floors!) as when it was being done they had two vans (not cars) on site. Those vans must of cost a bomb to wrap as well, would be interesting to find out who is backing the company and throwing so much dosh at it :P

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 06:52:21 am »
good afternoon ncpm welcome to the forum  :P

EZclean

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 08:03:38 am »
 ;D
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

R W C

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 08:11:51 am »
hmmm 2 posts, 4months apart and both about the same company, good way to market your business  ;)

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 10:52:15 am »
whats even better is this guy has just said

weird/dumb videos yes....odd H&S on the vids.....stupid choice of music...

and I am in no doubt about this being NCPM, so I think I will take this opportunity to give you a bit of a roasting.

Also on your U tube vids your user name is Hydrowinwaa  :D, p.s. do you think we are thick, like you obviously think the public are.

Uk's no.1 window cleaners, thats a laugh you hose down peoples windows with a garden hose.

Also a tip google sat pics aren't always the most upto date, so people could have had extentions addded on to the their property, or could have a lot of crap round there property making access difficult, or cars parked infront of windows, this list goes on. Anyone with a bit of common sense would see that this is not the best way to go about qoutes.

But hey if you though we wouldn't work out who you are then you don't have much,  I am going to be posting a link to this on your vid to let people see what you really say about yourself.

odd H&S on the vids

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 10:59:48 am »
He will delete his posts and his user now so here is the picture of his post, I am also sure he will delete the youtube comments but if everyone keeps posting a link to this thread on his youtube vids he will have to take the vid down.

Then we will rename this thread, 'NCPM told to take a hike by window cleaners'

winwaa

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 01:37:40 pm »
Good afternoon to you my friend!  ;D Keep watching for the 2nd video soon to be released on you tube, all will be revealed I assure. We tried to create a video that appears to the untrained individual to be some very very over the top info/commercial after seeing a reasonably well known window cleaning frim (no names) using back packs to clean windows, you know who you are if you are reading. The 2nd part of this video has been created and is very hard hitting (pardon the pun) but a timed release is vital to get our message across. I am glad the video has stirred up so much interest and anger/ridicule and look forward to all your views after watching the 2nd part. :D
by the way...... http://www.ncpm247.com

winwaa

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 01:55:31 pm »
Also just to put everyone in the picture, although we give an example view on our website which shows a google street map image we do NOT use google maps to give quotes. We have placed the image and links to google street map to give an idea of what we see. If we used google it would not be possible to provide accurate quotes as you cant see clearly enough and google street map only gives a front view of a property. The satellite system we use is a secret but I assure you we can see every detail we need at almost ground level 360 degrees and the images are a maximum of 1 month or so old. Last week one of my guys was able to tell a client about scaffolding on their property that had only been up for two weeks.

winwaa

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 01:59:31 pm »
And in reply to the comment about the water hose....that was not the glass being cleaned, I think you missed the point. The point is that after we have cleaned the windows water can not stick to the glass surface, one side was cleaned with our "stuff" the other without prior to this video being filmed it is the after effects of our cleaning that the video captures.  :o

winwaa

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 02:02:57 pm »
Once again missed the point....the video was meant  to be dumb....its called marketing and it obviously works by all the fuss it has created, thanks for the comments xxx

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 03:08:04 pm »
You were just pretending to be a competitor of yourself, but at least you have came clean.(pardon my pun ;D).

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 03:10:30 pm »
I'm in Derbyshire so not likely a competitor. Could you give me more info on your Hydrostorm rain Repellent please.

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 03:30:19 pm »
sunshine look at this
http://www.rainx.co.uk/

drwindows

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 03:38:45 pm »
The satellite system we use is a secret

Ha ha ha.

Ok then James Bond

And please explain this:
"Voted: London's Most Cost Effective Window Cleaning Company 2009"

Who were you voted by and how could a potential customer verify this?

I smell BS

free2flow

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 03:41:06 pm »
WinWaa

Why are you making such an effort to post on here?

Surely your time would be put to better use trying to persuade potential customers that you are so good.

As for creating a stir on here, what if it does? It's not going to get you new customers is it?
The pen is mightier than the sword..and easier to write with!

Pittmonkey

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 04:33:49 pm »
Posted this before, Sunshine
http://www.impactglazing.co.uk/rainracer.php

Movie at the bottom of the page.

I never posted the link to cause any anger/ridicule or anything else. I just couldn't get the point of the video from a fellow trade/business nor, from a public perception. Thought it was me missing something. I'm sure we will wait with interest to view your follow up video.

Hope you post the link on here. It can be like a watching a lamb thrown to pack of savage wolves asking "What do ya think" post on here, you have to be pretty brave and thick skinned. But that's the best way to try out new marketing techniques/strategy's. You will get some honest answers.

Not sure why initially you choose to be disassociated with the company. Put two and two together straight away, been on here for a while now and nothing gets past us nosey bugger's ;D 

Wayne 

winwaa

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 05:27:22 pm »
sunshine look at this
http://www.rainx.co.uk/

Yes, rainX is quite good but the long term effects are bad, we tested it a few years back and it really screws up the glass surface, after a while it seems to attract dust and any water marks the rain leaves behind seem worse. Great for cars with windscreen wippers not so great for properties. Also it is only a hydrophobic treatment and not a Superhydrophobic treatment like the one we use. With rainX the water still forms small beads and thus leaves behind water marks, Superhydrophobic surfaces leave virtually no water beading and thus glass stays clean for ages. (or untill a bird craps all over them ha ha)

winwaa

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2009, 05:32:05 pm »
I'm in Derbyshire so not likely a competitor. Could you give me more info on your Hydrostorm rain Repellent please.

We would be happy to discuss and maybe share our knowledge with any window cleaners far enough away from London, but you would need to sign a confidentiality agreement and we would need to meet up face to face first. Even the guys who work for us do not know the full details of where we get our treatment from, it is not available in the uk for direct purchase. The treatment can be added to WFP water systems and leaves a trace behind on the glass.

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2009, 05:35:39 pm »
leaves a trace behind on the glass.

What do you mean by that? So that you can tell if a window has been cleaned with the ingredient your using or not (by taking a sample off the glass?)

winwaa

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2009, 05:39:50 pm »
WinWaa

Surely your time would be put to better use trying to persuade potential customers that you are so good.

As for creating a stir on here, what if it does? It's not going to get you new customers is it?

Well in one sense you may be right I probably should spend less time in forums such as these lol But actually all the links that this forum and many others including blogs across the globe have generated for the website it is pushing our websites pr up weekly, that was the whole point and still is.  Search for "residential window cleaning" on google and bear in mind that with out any regional words it is an international search so one would assume very hard to appear on google on the first page, but there we are first page of google.

R W C

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2009, 05:40:11 pm »
have i got this right, your a window cleaning company but you also sell a item that goes on windows to keep them clean so that people dont need a window cleaner.

R W C

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2009, 05:43:49 pm »
WinWaa

Well in one sense you may be right I probably should spend less time in forums such as these lol But actually all the links that this forum and many others including blogs across the globe have generated for the website it is pushing our websites pr up weekly, that was the whole point and still is.  Search for "residential window cleaning" on google and bear in mind that with out any regional words it is an international search so one would assume very hard to appear on google on the first page, but there we are first page of google.

do people seriously search this in google, or do you think they search "window cleaner london"   "window cleaner manchester" etc etc etc, seraching residential window cleaning isnt going to get them a very gfood result and i doubt you get work from this search

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2009, 05:43:54 pm »
Links on this forum will not be collated by Google, if that were the case we'd all be on the front page from this forum alone.

Google cannot access this forum.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:www.cleanitup.co.uk+ncpm&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enGB278GB278

R W C

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2009, 05:46:18 pm »
but it gets him hits to his site from everyone clicking on it, and with us keep posting on it keeps the thread at the top then more people click on it.

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2009, 06:05:03 pm »
... and the bllsht continues.

he tested rainx a few years back but it doesn't work long term, yet on a video posted on you tube 5 months ago he advertises this product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7NLr5LzV8

its 32 secs in.

You have just blown Ewan out of the water for the top bllshter.

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2009, 06:13:07 pm »
But Chris DO visits to a site affect google position.

Ive just created a new website, nothing to do with window clenaing, it hasnt had ONE visitor, but ranks number one on the first page of google.

R W C

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2009, 06:17:00 pm »
But Chris DO visits to a site affect google position.

Ive just created a new website, nothing to do with window clenaing, it hasnt had ONE visitor, but ranks number one on the first page of google.

new visits do yes, thats why google do that pay for clicks thing.

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 06:18:10 pm »
Not on web-page links though Chris, this is what Im saying. Google doesnt know how many people click to visit a site from another web page.

Google do that pay per clicks thing (AdSense or AdWords) to make money for Google; no other reason.

So Google will know how many visit a site from a pay per click scenario, but from here (CIU) no way!

Pittmonkey

winwaa

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 07:07:15 pm »
... and the bllsht continues.

he tested rainx a few years back but it doesn't work long term, yet on a video posted on you tube 5 months ago he advertises this product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7NLr5LzV8

its 32 secs in.

You have just blown Ewan out of the water for the top bllshter.

yes we used to use rainX no reason to deny that, but not anymore

winwaa

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 07:14:06 pm »
http://www.prlog.org/10105760-self-cleaning-nanotechnology-solution-for-todays-pollution.html

Are we getting warmer. :-\

sounds like good stuff but I bet its a damn site more expensive to buy tha what we use, would be interesting to find out a cost on this stuff, cheers for the link.

winwaa

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »
Not on web-page links though Chris, this is what Im saying. Google doesnt know how many people click to visit a site from another web page.

Google do that pay per clicks thing (AdSense or AdWords) to make money for Google; no other reason.

So Google will know how many visit a site from a pay per click scenario, but from here (CIU) no way!

Set up google analytics, google knows exactly how many hits your website is getting, from where, at what time, and also from what site. This site alone has generated over 140 hits to my site in less than a month. add that to all the other clicks and hits my site gets from all the blogs writting about the site it soon racks up.

winwaa

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 07:19:06 pm »

for anyone interested and far far far away from London I can help with seo specifics for any window cleaning Co that wants it.
Set up google analytics, google knows exactly how many hits your website is getting, from where, at what time, and also from what site. This site alone has generated over 140 hits to my site in less than a month. add that to all the other clicks and hits my site gets from all the blogs writting about the site it soon racks up.

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 07:19:49 pm »
Thats with Google analytics, any stat site does that for you.

Google cannot tell what numbers of clicks a site recieves just because the site is indexed by Google.

Getting clicks to your site from here does NOTHING for you, your site or rankings/page rank in Google.

winwaa

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2009, 10:12:54 am »
Well...Google analytics is actually html code on your site that saves and reports all incoming traffic its not just stats all a stat site will do is give aprox traffic per day etc' google analytics gives full reports. As I stated before, 140+ hits from this site alone google analytics is how I came to know about all the comments made on here because I saw so much traffic coming from this site. One can see all info such as howmany hits coming from what site and how many page views per hit and even what pages have been veiwed. More traffic a site gets (assuming the site has good content)the more authorative google veiws it and thus your page rank will rise, abviously other reasons as well like quality links from quality sites and a website with new and original content. Seo is not just about traffic but traffic does count.

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2009, 10:27:16 am »
I understand that you are saying that you knew about this site because your site stats tells you where people are coming from when they hit your site, but in this instance that is all that those clicks do for you. This site CANNOT be crawled by google, so any links from here to your site do not compute on googles stats. So far as google is concerned this could all be spam and that would have a negative impact on your ranking. Google cannot read but it can count, think about that.

ALSO if a link on an open web-page is to count in helping to improve your google ranking it wont if there is a 'no-follow' tag after it. So beware, we all talk about links to our site, but a no-follow tag makes a link useless.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2009, 10:31:50 am »
my site www.gacontracts.co.uk has statcounter on it....i can see what keyword a user has typed in, i can see what their ip addy is, i can see what website they came from ie cleanitup etc,i can see what they had for dinner last night...ok the last one was made up, but i can see just about everything else. ;D

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2009, 10:32:41 am »
BTW a high proportion of open forums links are 'no-follow'.

You just need to find the ones that arent, also blogs that arent, post a comment, leave your web link in the comment and so long as the blog is open, even has a reasonable page rank is even better, then bobs your uncle!  ;D

Im with statcounter too. Google analytics is IMO overly complicated, theres no need at all for 80% of the figures they offer. Like I said Google can count and when it does it cant stop  ;D it spews out the most ridiculously unecessary figures, computations and analysis going  ;D

As for quality links, generally theyre viewed as what is needed, but you can be #1 on googles first page with NO links to your site without paying a penny  ;)

trevor perry

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2009, 04:20:06 pm »
http://www.prlog.org/10105760-self-cleaning-nanotechnology-solution-for-todays-pollution.html

Are we getting warmer. :-\

sounds like good stuff but I bet its a damn site more expensive to buy tha what we use, would be interesting to find out a cost on this stuff, cheers for the link.

winwaa i would be very interested in the product you use, are you saying you just add it to the water tank to apply it if so then it sounds brilliant, i have tried different coatings in the past but they have always been too time consuming to apply. if you email me some details then i would certainly like to come and see the product i am based in the north west of england.

Thanks Trevor
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2009, 04:40:00 pm »
Rain racer was being sold in postcoded areas only, so dont laugh but winwaa may have the exclusive rights to all London for that product.
Its a polymer coating that you apply by hand then 1-2 min later apply a second coat.After 3-4 min. wash off haze (dead solvents and polymers) with clean water. Dry glass and buff polish using a dry fresh cloth. It contains Isopropanol.
Remeber the dutch guy at the cleaning show ? he has a polymer product called Permanon and one that you add to water. Technology will catch up with us one day, will you be ready.

winwaa

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2009, 12:36:05 am »
rain racer is good but it is very time intensive like all other hand applied hydrophobic products. The product we have is added to the pure water supply.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2009, 06:12:15 pm »
Thanks for that Nathan , looks like you found the holy grail  ;D
I like your adverts, very positive. Go for it ! ( which you already are   ;) )

advanced

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2009, 08:38:19 pm »
you are a n arrogant  poop  that s   for sure

winwaa

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2009, 11:27:49 pm »
now now calm down

Pittmonkey

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2009, 07:46:13 pm »
Is the new video ready yet? I noticed the other video has been taken off the site, Why? thought the two were related to each other.

Wayne

P.S I take it yourself and advanced have crossed swords in the past :)