[GQC] Tim

Re: WFP customers!!
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 11:21:57 pm »
But, (sorry for the double post) I've got to be honest, that in the first 2 to 3 weeks, you will be very frustrated, and don't see how it could ever work. It takes quite a lot to look through that, planning is key, and the routine will come itself, I think I learned how to do a proper job with wfp quicker then trad.

Best thing is to go out with someone who can teach you a good routine, and all the right tricks, and what to do and not to do. But you need a good wfp window cleaner to tell you those. I'm sure NWH or many others who know what they are doing can tell you exactly that.

martinsadie

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 11:28:04 pm »
trouble is at my time of life speed is nothing to me,i earn less now then i did 5 years ago on the same work which has risen in value,because i dont need the money ,i enjoy my job and do what i want

GWCS

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 11:51:12 pm »
trouble is at my time of life speed is nothing to me,i earn less now then i did 5 years ago on the same work which has risen in value,because i dont need the money ,i enjoy my job and do what i want

Stick to what you are doing.

If you dont want wfp then dont. Even though its safer for you, you are able to decide whats right for you.

wfp is not the be all and end all in the world of window cleaning, its just a tool to use.

martinsadie

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 11:54:35 pm »

If you dont want wfp then dont. Even though its safer for you, you are able to decide whats right for you.

wfp is not the be all and end all in the world of window cleaning, its just a tool to use.
i think some of the boys who switched to wfp because it was safer had accidents on ladders because they put speed and earning more before safty

simon knight

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 10:02:34 am »

i think some of the boys who switched to wfp because it was safer had accidents on ladders because they put speed and earning more before safty

I agree. Rule of thumb is if you don't feel safe up there you're probably not!

Sometimes I have to give myself a mental slap and tell myself not to get too confident...."Si (I think to myself) the ladder is too vertical/horizontal...get the ladder proper before you go up".

OK it takes a minute or two to sort it out, but what's a minute or two compared to a broken leg (or worse)?

Ladders are perfectly safe provided you don't tgake the p1$$.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 04:33:37 pm »
True, but you can't account for some things. Like the householder throwing open the garage door when the ladder is above it, or opening a kitchen door without looking. I've had both of them. The first one I wasn't on the ladder, otherwise I would have broken something or worse.

You can use ladders as safely as possible, but you can't account for everything. Those events were an eyeopener for me. Who was going to provide for my fiancee? Maybe I would always be disabled, counting on benefits or other people. No way I said, and speeded up the wfp switch.

simon knight

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 05:30:45 pm »
True, but you can't account for some things. Like the householder throwing open the garage door when the ladder is above it, or opening a kitchen door without looking. I've had both of them. The first one I wasn't on the ladder, otherwise I would have broken something or worse.

You can use ladders as safely as possible, but you can't account for everything. Those events were an eyeopener for me. Who was going to provide for my fiancee? Maybe I would always be disabled, counting on benefits or other people. No way I said, and speeded up the wfp switch.

Can't argue with you mate.

martinsadie

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2009, 08:33:24 pm »

i look after her if you want Tim  ;D ;D

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2009, 09:02:25 pm »
At your age she'll be doing the looking after you  ;D  ;D changing your incontinence pad, wiping your spittle, clearing up your dribble..... ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2009, 09:05:29 pm »
At your age she'll be doing the looking after you  ;D  ;D changing your incontinence pad, wiping your spittle, clearing up your dribble..... ;D
be nice wouldnt it  ;D ;D

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2009, 09:06:19 pm »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

Good!! answer

macmac

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2009, 09:14:51 pm »
Stan. I did a run of the mill house, two trad guys already were half way finished on the front. I pulled up, got the hose out, started cleaning, and beat them with 5 minutes to go. The houses are roughly the same, but mine had two dormer windows, so my house was 4 bedroom.

Infact, I had my bucket ready to do the insides, when they were loading up the ladders. WFP is that quick. Maybe they weren't the quickest, and I did a fast (but good job) just to see how much I could beat them (childish I know) but it showed me how far I've come in my business after I ditched the ladders.

Edit : In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that on some jobs you're more then twice as quick.

They must be very, very slow traders!!

NWH

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2009, 09:28:16 pm »
Saying that Trad is just as good or as quick as WFP would be like Newcastle football club saying oh well the coca-cola league is as good as the Premiership anyway,if you prefer it Stan that`s your choice and of course your entitled to it but saying it`s quicker is a joke.

martinsadie

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2009, 09:32:51 pm »
I could also say the same you can`t tell me you can clean windows quicker from a ladder Stan outright common sense will tell you it`s not possible,don`t forget i`ve myself cleaned windows from ladders for some years and the No 1 reason i wouldn`t go back is profit and the fact it`s far safer.All i can say is that you must have a lot of small awkward houses and i`m not being funny because houses and commercial properties with good access will take at least double the time with ladders,i`m not knocking you for using ladders i`m just saying it`s a fact if your saying you can clean quicker from ladders i think your kidding yourself to be honest.
im not doubting that you are quicker, i even believe on big jobs you are 30% quicker but not on run of the mill compact houses
NWH where did i say trad was quicker,read it proper i took my hat off and said wfp was quicker but not by 30%

martinsadie

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2009, 09:33:55 pm »
although i do think trad is better  ;D ;D

macmac

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2009, 09:35:20 pm »
Saying that Trad is just as good or as quick as WFP would be like Newcastle football club saying oh well the coca-cola league is as good as the Premiership anyway,if you prefer it Stan that`s your choice and of course your entitled to it but saying it`s quicker is a joke.

With the right skill, tools & solution trad is every bit as good a result as wfp AND is guaranteed.
Granted, on most run of the mill work wfp is quicker but there are still many situations (for varying reasons) where trad is quicker & a lot less hassle! & is the only solution. ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2009, 09:41:50 pm »

macmac

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2009, 09:47:27 pm »
Macmac, hanging on in ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntm1YfehK7U

Sorry stan, no broadband. could you post it first class? :D

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2009, 10:10:21 pm »
I could also say the same you can`t tell me you can clean windows quicker from a ladder Stan outright common sense will tell you it`s not possible,don`t forget i`ve myself cleaned windows from ladders for some years and the No 1 reason i wouldn`t go back is profit and the fact it`s far safer.All i can say is that you must have a lot of small awkward houses and i`m not being funny because houses and commercial properties with good access will take at least double the time with ladders,i`m not knocking you for using ladders i`m just saying it`s a fact if your saying you can clean quicker from ladders i think your kidding yourself to be honest.
im not doubting that you are quicker, i even believe on big jobs you are 30% quicker but not on run of the mill compact houses
NWH where did i say trad was quicker,read it proper i took my hat off and said wfp was quicker but not by 30%

Your right Stan, WFP isn't 30% more productive than trad, if it was it would be questionable about its popularity.

IME I earn at least 60% more.

I was on ladders for close on 10 years.

I earn 60% more than I did then, I have energy at the end of the week, I have a minimum of risks in my work life, I have a passion and enthusiasm for work now.

From day 1 Ive earnt more than I did ladder work.

Did I ever earn more on ladders than I have with WFP?? On a daily basis, possibly once or twice, but on a weekly basis I have never earnt below my target ladder income using the pole.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 11:14:13 pm »
Stan. I did a run of the mill house, two trad guys already were half way finished on the front. I pulled up, got the hose out, started cleaning, and beat them with 5 minutes to go. The houses are roughly the same, but mine had two dormer windows, so my house was 4 bedroom.

Infact, I had my bucket ready to do the insides, when they were loading up the ladders. WFP is that quick. Maybe they weren't the quickest, and I did a fast (but good job) just to see how much I could beat them (childish I know) but it showed me how far I've come in my business after I ditched the ladders.

Edit : In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that on some jobs you're more then twice as quick.

They must be very, very slow traders!!

Must have been!  :D