Temps

Pricing
« on: January 17, 2005, 01:23:00 pm »
I have got to quote for a job on a local greyhound track, has anyone done this kind of work before? If so could you give me an idea for pricing? The windows havent been done in a while as the last company had to bring in hoists for cleaning and it was working out too expensive, if I get the job it will be with WFP this quote will be only for the glass on the outside.
Thanks,
Temps.

Duke

Re: Pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 01:46:42 pm »
So what did they charge ?  If you reckon you can reach it all with a pole...and in a reasonable timescale....just go in cheaper. But be carefull, REALLY way up what the job involves !

Ian_Giles

Re: Pricing
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 07:32:50 am »
Looks like a fun clean :o

Ones arms and shoulders may well be aching by the time you have done that one :-\ (providing you get the job of course!)
Hard to tell how high it is from the picture.
Do they want method statments and risk assesments etc?

As for pricing, imagine you are doing it off a ladder. I know it doesn't look like an account you could do off a ladder, but that should enable you to cost it out.

What about frequency?

If they are only going to want it done 3 or 4 times a year, it'll be a hard clean every time.

If it was being done off a cherry picker of some description then you are going to be cheaper at least by the cost of the days hire of one of them.

Best of luck, make sure you let us all know how you got on with it, whether or not you got it, and if you did, how you went about cleaning it.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES