AuRavelling79

Which Trolley or Backpack do you recommend?
« on: January 07, 2005, 10:45:27 pm »
That's it! I'm soon to spend my hard-earned(!) dosh on a trolley system with extra water storage.

Criteria:-
It's got to go in my medium sized estate.
I've got a garage. (Full of junk of course!)
I do a real mix of domestic and commercial including:-
Villages with cottages, old properties and awkward access. Nice easy modern housing estates. Trading Estates and a couple of 1st Floor height factories with easy access.
I'm not very technically minded. (i.e. a bit thick!) - so a one-stop shop suits me!

I hear good reports about Peter Fogwill's (AquaTec) set up but am a bit concerned about the 400 mile distance for back up etc. Omnipole seems omnipresent! Any others? Is a backpack worth it?

WOT SAY YOU?
It's a game of three halves!

matt

Re: Which Trolley or Backpack do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 11:40:10 pm »
peter's system is great

i have the same system, though mine was DIY built using parts easy to buy

saved a few quid aswell

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 11:44:19 pm »
Thanks Matt - so did you get the stuff from Peter or what?

matt

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 12:07:32 am »
you have a PM

though i must say, if you are no good at DIY , Peter's setup is the 1 to go for, and peter is a top bloke

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 05:32:57 pm »
I'm another of Peter's customers, distance isn't a problem, his after care is fine.

I have the trolley system but tend to use it as a mini-van system directly out of the back of the hatchback.

I take six 25L containers with me, on a busy day I will need to pop home for a top up, most of my work is very local, so its an excuse to stop for a coffee ;D

The system is just about idiot proof, easy to set up and use,.
Peter not always easy to get on the phone, but I have left him texts on his mobile and he has always got back to me.

Most of my own work is commercial, but I haven't had any problems getting around houses.

As you have a full round anyway, make sure you get yourself a decent quality leisure battery, at least 85ah. And make sure it has a carrying handle! If you go for Peter's system, even though it is heavy, you can hook it onto the trolley and use when the smaller, lighter one starts to fade. Also ideal if you end out operating directly out of the back of  your car.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 05:49:46 pm »
Thanks Matt and Ian very helpful.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 06:46:57 am »
MalcG

Also try Cleantech, www.cleantech.co.uk, all of their prices for WFP and traditional gear is very competitive and I have always found their support and service to be excellent.

Ian

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 07:04:58 pm »
Thanks Tim Rowe - I gotta ask - what's the story behind "PO - TA - TOES" ?

Duke

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 07:10:04 pm »
I was wondering that too.......great little GIF though......

Pureandclean

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 09:43:12 pm »
The 50litre omnitrolley is a good piece of kit, I used it combination with van pump, so that 2 of us could work same street, but both sides.
They have a new one coming out that is 125 litre, if you have streets and streets of close work, I think that could be a belter, I have a 1000litre tank in van, and put an extension flexi-pipe on bottom tap, so that we could fill trolley quickly.
Haven't used it for a while, burnt pump out, but have recenly bought a spare 100psi pump and might repair it ready for new trainee.

::) Blessings  ::)

Graeme

Leyla

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 11:34:15 pm »
Peters trolley is good, simple to use.
Reflections