Real Clean Guy

Canvassing in Canada
« on: January 05, 2005, 06:55:05 am »
Hi, well had my first day hitting the pavement, decided to "do" our own neighbourhood first.  My goal was to hit 60 houses from 11:45 to 4:00 onwards (gets dark around 4:45).  Did 62 (mostly leaflet drops ::)-will follow up).  Will be calling early evenings once it gets brighter.  Did 3 quotes converted 2 to my first clients :o.  Felt great after it, lovely sunny day, until the sun went down along with the temprature, getting cold here now.  The two I got were "ranchers" bungalows to you and I, one at $25 dollars the other @ $30, I reckon I should be able to do each one in 1/2 an hour max.  Before quoting the price mentioned what I will be doing i.e. wipe sills, do inside patio door for free etc.  My goal is $50 an hour and minimum of 2 new clients a day.  Will keep you updated on progress.  Ended up talking too much to those who were in, although I am sure it will pay dividends in the long run.  One question had one guy say "can you do the second floor windows can manage the first myself"  I said "sure" quoted him $30 dollars for second floor and $20 for first and left him with the quote.  Do you get this kind of question? How would you normally handle it?  The quote was a bit higher than I would have done, simply in case I just ended up with just one of the floors.  Does anyone have a quotation template/example they use?  I just wrote it on the back of the leaflet, but I can see a quotation being more professional, and with it stating the work description you end up with the right level of expectation.  All the best for 2005!!

simonb

Re: Canvassing in Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 04:05:18 pm »
Sounds like a "tightwad" to me. Never got asked that before.

In the US they only have windows cleaned a couple of times a year. Have you explained how often you are calling. And they charge accordingly. Your prices seem very low to me. Is the dollar about 2.2 to the £?

If they are close together you might hit your target but this never happens when you start.

Go in higher

Real Clean Guy

Re: Canvassing in Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 05:25:26 pm »
Thanks for that, they are close together, across the road from my house.  The guys I have spoken to in the US do a monthly service for the most part.  I will take the advice and go in higher and see the response.  $ conversion rate you mention is about right.  Cheers