Grafters Cleaning Services

The best time to canvas
« on: December 18, 2004, 02:41:50 pm »
having tried to canvas in the past I've felt it to be a bit slow, I used to drop off the leaflets during the day (time permitting) then call back after 4pm to follow up, the success was never that great with only a few phone calls to follow. Today (Saturday) I had no work so decided to go out canvasing, what a difference, I found more people in so I was able to sell the services. I worked out that 33% no answers 33% not interested or already had a window cleaner & 33% said "YES PLEASE WHEN CAN YOU START" when I got home still picked a couple more (via phone) from leaflets left where there was no answer. So having picked up a 3rd of all the doors I knocked I would consider Saturdays to be the best day for canvasing (at least it is for me) how about you, any comments or more advice would be great.
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

sham33

Re: The best time to canvas
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 02:47:26 pm »
Nothing beats knocking on doors. Saturday was always the best day. Never tried sunday because thats some people's only day off from it all.

matt

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 05:47:43 pm »
christmas day might find a few in  ;D

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 07:05:48 pm »
Christmas day might not be such a bad idea as you could offer to wash the dishes aswell as the windows :-*
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 08:39:02 pm »
And the best day to collect money as they are definitely in

matt

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 11:52:31 pm »
i was talking to a fellow WC'er the other week, and he didnt see why he had to not work over the holiday, he is a JW

i said, well if you turned up at my house with your nose pressed against my window (no doubt caseing the joint, off duty burgular and all that ;)) i would be out of the door and you would be PUT in your van and told to return when you had been to the hospital to remove the sqeeggee

mickeyfat

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 12:58:49 pm »
I hate knocking on doors
I used to do it but realised you just end up with idiot customers that only said yes for the hell of it...its only good to get you in a street and then people that really want you can find you