rosskesava

Re: help needed
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2005, 10:34:46 pm »
Hi Texas Girl

You use dish detergent with alcohol. I am curious about the alcohol bit? You don't mean cheap strong larger because over here that is about $2 a litre?

Seriously though, I've never heard of that before but I'm interested. How do you buy it and what is it called and how much do you add?

Every so often I try new things to clean windows. I tried bubble bath once and oddly enough, it didn't work very well. I'd bought about 20 litres from a bankrupcy store which when I found out it was useless, I then poured it all down the loo which was fine untill I flushed it.

The latest I've found (from this forum) is adding water softener to the water because around here, you need tons of 'good old Fairy Liquid' to get any slip because the water is so hard.

Anyway, alcohol, I'm curious.

I'm not being sexist but you are the first woman window cleaner I've ever come across. I've always wondered why there aren't women in this trade.

Cheers

Ross

rosskesava

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2005, 09:02:52 pm »
Being along the coast, there are a lot of window frames that have a white powdery suface that turns the cloth white which then in turn smears even if it touched the glass lightly. It's murder to clean.

Anyone else get that problem?

gaza

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2005, 10:32:33 pm »
Being along the coast, there are a lot of window frames that have a white powdery suface that turns the cloth white which then in turn smears even if it touched the glass lightly. It's murder to clean.

Anyone else get that problem?
this is because its old paint,mostly council paint,2nd or 3rd clean with plenty of water rhoud stabalize it
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO