ztech

wfp heated water
« on: December 13, 2004, 08:02:36 pm »
just started using water fed pole and have been told hot water makes the job faster also dries faster so better results in windy conditions.im using a trolley system and fill canisters from a tank of pureified water .if i get someone to fit a heating eliment to my tank with a timer using cheap overnight electric can this be done
playboy window cleaner

Duke

Re: wfp heated water
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 03:54:00 pm »
Wondered about this myself, I'd like to use heated water as well....I don't think that heating it overnight will work particularly well though, without constant heat it would soon go cold. I've seen the 'official' gas bottle heater equipment from Omnipole...looks bulky. I'd like something for my omnitrolly too...but not that....some sort of kettle element that plugs into the cigarette lighter would be better, but I expect it would want to draw too many amps. Likewise, I'd like to get hold of a battery charger for the trolley that connects in the same way, rather than having to plug it into the mains. Don't know if the technology is out there yet.......

stevekennedy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 04:56:44 pm »
Bit difficult with a trolley. You could heat the water as it goes in but it would take a while to fill. We're using a diesel powered heater from Ionic which works really well. But you need to use hose reels. We have an omnitrolley for some jobs but we just use it cold/warm.

mickeyfat

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 01:05:12 pm »
does warm water really do a better job
i though pure water was the dogs nuts..even cold

stevekennedy

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 04:36:15 pm »
It is better by far. The water becomes less dense and so runs off the glass better. This means that the windows dry off quicker and are less prone to spotting.
In good conditions. (ie overcast skies and fairly warm air temp) the cold is fine. But in any other weather conditions (ie sunshine, hot/cold temp) the hot water is much better.
It is also much easier to remove birds mess etc.
This has been our experience anyway.

Its also easier to convince your customers of pure waters effectiveness if you use the hot water. They really go for that. Psychologically, it seems to make sense to them that hot water will clean their windows better.

Pureandclean

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 05:57:39 pm »
I just posted about 3kw Emersion Heater element on another thread.
Last year I bought a 3kw Emersion Heater element suitable for use with pure water from Andrews Water Treatment, I place it in my 1000litre tank in the garage, when freezing overnight helps keep garage warm and frost free, then in morning transfer warm water into tank in van, keeps van warm during day and helps keep hoses frost free. I don't know whether it helps in the cleaning process because I don't heat it up much, just have it warm.
  ::) Blessings ::)
Graeme

stevekennedy

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 02:46:11 pm »
I find it really good in direct sunlight beleive it or not. Not sure exactly why but that has been my experience.