Craig Wilson

Acid Rain !!!!!!
« on: December 06, 2004, 01:41:16 pm »
I've recently got a contract for a council owned building. One side of the buildings upper windows are covered in what looks like a chalky white coating which wont clean off. The Council seem to think that this has been caused by Acid Rain. Any suggestions on how to clean these windows ?
Wilson's Window Cleaning Services

replacement

Re: Acid Rain !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 03:50:11 pm »
Sounds like Mineral Deposits. You can remove them but it takes extra time so charge for it. The product you need is MDR have a look here and look on the soaps section. http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/ you will need some wirewool as well 000 guage, but i use a non scratchable pad that Omnipole sell. http://www.omnipole.com/ Should resolve your problem.

Hope that helps

Justin

Craig Wilson

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 06:27:18 pm »
Thanks for that Justin. Does the Omnipole Pad fit any pole or would I have to buy new ones ?? I'm charging them by the hour anyway so the cost wont matter too much.  ;)

replacement

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 07:33:06 pm »
You can just buy the pad on its own. I ordered just the pad today as i have the pole attachment section already and i am going to be using this for fasica cleaning in the New Year, makes it alot faster and it comes up better.

Or what you could do like i have before is use a normal green srubbing pad, but make sure its worn down abit before you use it.

Justin

Craig Wilson

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 07:47:44 pm »
I couldn't use the small green scrubbing pad as the size of the windows are about 8 feet high by 6 feet wide. Thats why something that would attach to a pole would be handy for me.

replacement

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 07:51:10 pm »
Yeah see what you mean, perharps the pole attachment and the pad would be great for this job. Might be worth giving them a ring as they could advise if the attachment would fit on other poles ask for Glyn or Mark on 020-8405-6782

Good luck

Justin