Central

Gutter cleaning
« on: November 30, 2004, 09:59:23 pm »
Any tips or good products to look at for cleaning out gutters?

Jake

Re: Gutter cleaning
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 09:03:27 pm »
 Recently had a load of gutter cleaning to do. We purchased a gizmo that is used with drain rods, don't know what it's called but it is a half moon shape,  and used with a threaded broom handle, it was the mutts nuts! You pull leaves etc towards you and can reach about 6-7 ft both sides.

Jake......Westclean
Exeter, Devon

Ian Rochester

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 09:43:41 pm »
We use the similar half moon system, with a few extensions you can get over the tops of conservatories easily.  I would also recommend getting a stand off for your ladders, makes the work so much easier and safer too, they even have a little hook for hanging a bucket from.

sinbad

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 10:45:17 pm »
get an old handle for your squeegee and break off the quick release clip .
then cut it into a square shape about 2 inches by 2 inches should be enough ., bend it so it is at 90 degrees to the handle part that goes on your pole and away you go . i just stand in the middle of the house and do both sides in one go with a 10 foot pole .best money maker i know!!!!!!££££££ 

Cascade Home Maintenance

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 01:07:00 am »
I have over 175 residential gutter cleaning contracts most are done 2 times per year. I use an "ECHO" leaf blower. We stand on ladders or roof and simply blow out the gutters, its a lil' messy but when they are cleaned you simply use a garden hose to clean off the exterior gutters and the same leaf blower to get everything into a pile or in most cases you can simply blow it into an inconspicuous area. It is all harmless biodegradable stuff. Never had a complaint. Though it is a lil' noisy to use at 8 am.

Duke

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 08:17:26 pm »
until recently, I used a garden trowel and bucket off of a ladder, moving the ladder along as necessary.....now I've got a pole, I understand there's an attachment for it that could be usefull.....yet to try it out though, but sounds good....

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 08:33:53 pm »
I have the attachment that you are on about it works very well
http://www.scrimcity.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=453

Paul

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 04:29:40 pm »
thanx for that tip Paul, just ordered mine
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 11:08:58 pm »
Glad i could help

I find that gutter cleaning tool is better than the half moon attachment you get for drain rods which i used to use.

Paul

marcinos

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 11:22:43 pm »
what about a house gutters, very top ones. is there any possibility to clean them from the ground? some of them victorian houses are really high, and i dont think if we are able to do it from ladder 
any ideas?